whybother
Goddsy11
Premiers
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2025 Season The Preparation - Page 2 Empty Re: 2025 Season The Preparation

Post by wimpy Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:03 am

A tall mate of Luke McKay might be fronting for the Eagles next season!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Aug 08, 2024 4:50 pm

A revised list for the State Combine has just been released.
From the Eagles, Jet Hasting, Tate Delmenico and Rome Burgoyne have been added.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:48 am

One from left field.

I see that Josh Schache has been delisted from Melb today. He won't get picked up by another AFL club.

27 years old, key forward, 199cm.

I wonder whether he'd even consider doing a 'Jordan Foote' and coming over to South Australia to play at the club that his father toiled away at?

Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:03 pm

Titan2 wrote:One from left field.

I see that Josh Schache has been delisted from Melb today. He won't get picked up by another AFL club.

I wonder whether he'd even consider doing a 'Jordan Foote' and coming over to South Australia to play at the club that his father toiled away at?

Like your thinking Titan
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:53 pm

His father Laurence played in the Eagles first premiership win in 1993.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:03 pm

Josh would be great if interested. Just read an old article where he mentioned going to Brisbane was appealing because his Dad played there. Also mentioned he met his Dad's 93 Eagle premiership team mates awhile ago so the connection is definitely there
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:11 pm

Headfan wrote:

I wonder whether Josh born in South Australia? Not sure how old Laurence was when he had kids
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:15 pm

Titan2 wrote:
Headfan wrote:

I wonder whether Josh born in South Australia? Not sure how old Laurence was when he had kids

From Wikipedia

Schache was born in Adelaide, South Australia to mother Rachel and father Laurence.[2] He started playing Auskick when he was in grade five. He attended high school at Assumption College Kilmore and later Goulburn Valley Grammar School.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:05 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
Titan2 wrote:
Headfan wrote:

From Wikipedia

Schache was born in Adelaide, South Australia to mother Rachel and father Laurence.[2] He started playing Auskick when he was in grade five. He attended high school at Assumption College Kilmore and later Goulburn Valley Grammar School.

Sounds like he might have attended primary school in South Australia. He probably didn't spend enough time in South Australia to consider himself 'South Australian' in any way and I would assume his mum no longer lives in South Australia. Perhaps his grandparents and uncles/aunties still do. I believe that was the same situation with Jordan Foote.

So it's agreed then? We are drafting him in as our Full-Forward for next season?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:26 pm

Good to see that there are some super-optimists left in this forum. Very Happy
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:48 pm

Would ex-South Adelaide ex GWS 199cm Zac Sproule come into the conversation for tall forwards. Would-be suitors Would want to know why Sproule and South Adelaide parted ways after his one and only brilliant season (2023). Played for Port Noarlunga last year and I think he is in Real Estate business down South. Would be cheaper than coaxing an exAFL from Interstate. A very talented footballer who dominated Eagles at Noarlunga with 4 goals from CHF. Quick, tall, skilful but is there any baggage ?
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:09 pm

St Kilda has delisted a whole bunch of players. Jack Hayes is not amongst the list. Doesn't mean they won't continue to comb over their list in the coming month or two.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:17 pm

Offer Josh his Dad's old number 23 Guernsey as part of the deal - his Dad is acknowledged in the Clubrooms along with another Champion, Jamie Tape. We did the same with Jordan Foote, also number 23 which was his Father David's old number. That worked a treat winning the Jack Oatey medal and a Premiership in it.

I just saw West Adelaide announce the signing of a 208cm Monolith Ruckman from NSW. They bought him over during the season and got in early to sign him up. That's what we need. Maybe we'd be better off concentrating our efforts on developing and recruiting for our Men's League Team for next year ....
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:16 pm

Righto with us crashing out of the finals I was considering the players who played in that match versus what needs to happen for Round 1 next year. The way I see it we need to recruit 8 players in the following positions in order to be competitive. Two of these players can be talented U18s (Herbert aside) but the remainder HAVE to be players we recruit and can contribute at the required standard IMMEDIATELY. Those I've listed as outs need to hang around at 'depth players' but play 80-90% of their seasons in the Reserves. The entire Reserves squad currently playing must be given the 'thanks for your service but no longer required' and replaced by the majority of the current U18s team:

XX Weckert Rowe
Knights Ballenden Mackay
Herbert Sinor Williams
XX Moore Rowland/Litster
XX XX Fleeton

RUCK
XX
D'Aloia
XX

INTERCHANGE
Firns, Rowland/Lister, XX, XX

OUT - Buck, Nicholls, Barkla, Beattie, Wheare, Cook, Morris (Melbourne)
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:42 pm

"The entire Reserves squad currently playing must be given the 'thanks for your service but no longer required"

That's a bit harsh seeing that the reserves are going into a final. Those thoughts coul;d have been kept until the end of their season.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:52 pm

Eagle supporters get across to Glenelg Oval this Saturday.
11.00am Eagles vs Glenelg Seconds
1.40pm Eagles vs Glenelg U18s
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:11 am

Titan2 wrote:Righto with us crashing out of the finals I was considering the players who played in that match versus what needs to happen for Round 1 next year. The way I see it we need to recruit 8 players in the following positions in order to be competitive. Two of these players can be talented U18s (Herbert aside) but the remainder HAVE to be players we recruit and can contribute at the required standard IMMEDIATELY. Those I've listed as outs need to hang around at 'depth players' but play 80-90% of their seasons in the Reserves. The entire Reserves squad currently playing must be given the 'thanks for your service but no longer required' and replaced by the majority of the current U18s team:

XX           Weckert       Rowe
Knights    Ballenden     Mackay
Herbert    Sinor           Williams
XX           Moore          Rowland/Litster
XX           XX               Fleeton

RUCK
XX
D'Aloia
XX

INTERCHANGE

Have I missed something. "Morris (Melbourne):"
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:12 am

Titan2 wrote:Righto with us crashing out of the finals I was considering the players who played in that match versus what needs to happen for Round 1 next year. The way I see it we need to recruit 8 players in the following positions in order to be competitive. Two of these players can be talented U18s (Herbert aside) but the remainder HAVE to be players we recruit and can contribute at the required standard IMMEDIATELY. Those I've listed as outs need to hang around at 'depth players' but play 80-90% of their seasons in the Reserves. The entire Reserves squad currently playing must be given the 'thanks for your service but no longer required' and replaced by the majority of the current U18s team:

RUCK
XX
D'Aloia
XX

INTERCHANGE

Have I missed something.  "Morris (Melbourne):"
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:19 am

Going back to Melbourne as his girlfriend is from there and she didn't like Adelaide.

Unfortunately I can see us following what South achieved (or didn't achieve) this year - exodus of senior experienced players and start the long task of rebuilding. Unless we recruit well.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:31 am

RUCK
XX
D'Aloia
XX

INTERCHANGE

"Titan2" I feel you are a little harsh leaving out Cooke and Beattie.
I thought the last six games played by Cooke were quite encouraging. He took numerous marks and against South took ten.
I think he should be used more around the ground where he can be set up to take an outlet mark or a relieving mark down the line.
Our around the ground marking would have to be the worst in the league.
Beattie didn't get off to a great start, disruption by going to Perth, then on return getting a syndesmosis ankle injury which caused him to miss the first six games, never found his game after this. He has some pace and a knack for kicking a goal.
Jordan Lukac always shows encouraging signs, he needs to string a long stretch of games together.

I would rather play youngsters and newcomers and possibly not improve straight away than go back and keep playing those who are not up to league level. From West, Herbert, Hasting, Dodd, Delmenico, Luck, Schwarz, Kilpatrick and Gray, surely we can find three or four league players.

On SEN yesterday Jacobs specifically mentioned finding help for Ballenden and a tall defender.
At the moment we are carrying two most probably well paid players who can't contribute to the league team.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:11 am

I see that Thommo got reported for rough play in his last game. Good one Thommo.

I cant remember him being reported before. Any one know?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:13 am

Can't say I have ever seen Thomo reported before
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:36 pm

wimpy wrote:

RUCK
XX
D'Aloia
XX

INTERCHANGE

"Titan2" I feel you are a little harsh leaving out Cooke and Beattie.
I thought the last six games played by Cooke were quite encouraging. He took numerous marks and against South took ten.
I think he should be used more around the ground where he can be set up to take an outlet mark or a relieving mark down the line.
Our around the ground marking would have to be the worst in the league.
Beattie didn't get off to a great start, disruption by going to Perth, then on return getting a syndesmosis ankle injury which caused him to miss the first six games, never found his game after this. He has some pace and a knack for kicking a goal.
Jordan Lukac always shows encouraging signs, he needs to string a long stretch of games together.

I would rather play youngsters and newcomers and possibly not improve straight away than go back and keep playing those who are not up to league level. From West, Herbert, Hasting, Dodd, Delmenico, Luck, Schwarz, Kilpatrick and Gray, surely we can find three or four league players.

On SEN yesterday Jacobs specifically mentioned finding help for Ballenden and a tall defender.
At the moment we are carrying two most probably well paid players who can't contribute to the league team.

Agree especially those U18 players. Some good talent there.
On Jordan Lukac, if he could bring last Saturdays performance most week, he would be a champ for us.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:41 pm

whybother wrote:I see that Thommo got reported for rough play in his last game. Good one Thommo.

I cant remember him being reported before. Any one know?

Wow a retiring player fined in his Last match.

Yet we have 2 players off with concussion and 1 broken jaw and the Bays get no reports.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:16 am

James Tsitas just delisted by suns any chance of coming back
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content