Headfan
hawke
whybother
35Eagles
Mickyj
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Eagles v Bulldogs  June 8 Maughan Thiem Kia oval   - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles v Bulldogs June 8 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Columbo Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:10 pm

All up as the score suggests it was a pretty even game, most of the key stats were pretty even, in the end Centrals were just a bit cleaner with their disposal when it mattered.
Their end to end goal after our miss just before time on was very costly more so when we followed it up with the other couple of misses, they were quick to take the kick in and we got caught napping as they moved it down the wing with loose players everywhere.
In some ways I think we are in a similar boat this year to Centrals were last year with what we are trying to achieve, 6 and 3 at halfway is probably alot better than what was expected by most, but today and the other 2 losses have also been winnable but we could have lost to Sturt and South so probably cancels itself out.

Good 4 quarter effort by the 2's today for a 64 point win, they had a dirty first half last week but played well after half time, good to see them get the reward today after we lost by 55 against Centrals last time.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Bulldogs  June 8 Maughan Thiem Kia oval   - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles v Bulldogs June 8 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by whybother Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:42 am

I think some of the "taller" forwards in the 2nds need to be promoted. Our half forward line need more ooph (technical term) I think Buck needs a run in the 2nds
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:33 pm

whybother wrote:I think some of the "taller" forwards in the 2nds need to be promoted. Our half forward line need more ooph (technical term) I think Buck needs a run in the 2nds

Buck is ok. He is not a problem, very improved in mho. Does a lot of the hard work similar to Poole a couple of years ago. Hann although serviceable yesterday is hanging on by a thread. Must be doing what the coach wants. We should have won yesterday.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:02 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
whybother wrote:I think some of the "taller" forwards in the 2nds need to be promoted. Our half forward line need more ooph (technical term) I think Buck needs a run in the 2nds

Buck is ok. He is not a problem, very improved in mho. Does a lot of the hard work similar to Poole a couple of years ago. Hann although serviceable yesterday is hanging on by a thread. Must be doing what the coach wants. We should have won yesterday.

Yep we should’ve won McKay and Williams shouldn’t have missed easy goals and Williams could’ve handballed to Weckert in front of goal alone

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:25 pm

Just not enough contributors in our forward line. Ballenden was just about best on ground, but his team mates up forward were non-existent. Both defences were terrific. Both teams missed opportunities in front of goal. We missed some sitters late, which cost us the game.

We need some spark from Pearce and Beattie. Both have had interrupted starts to the season due to injury, but both are too talented to put in performances like yesterday.

A chance to play on Adelaide Oval and hopefully beat up on a team struggling this season and get some of our players back into form.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:14 am

Any t thoughts on McFarlane and Lukacs getting a gong and playing A Grade. Both seem in top form.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:47 am

Goddsy11 wrote:Any t thoughts on McFarlane and Lukacs getting a gong and playing A Grade. Both seem in top form.

I’ve been asking for Lukacs to be playing as our second ruck
Macfarlane my first time seeing him live for awhile he looked ok
Some of the players might’ve been under 18s they impressed me
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:01 am

Mickyj wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:Any t thoughts on McFarlane and Lukacs getting a gong and playing A Grade. Both seem in top form.

Macfarlane has to be considered. Too good to be playing reserves. Have him replace Beattie who needs a couple of full games in the reserves playing in the middle of the ground to get some fitness, form and confidence up.

I don't mind Lukac as a second ruck option with the ability to play some minutes up forward. I have always felt that Sheedy and Jacobs have both treated him a little harshly and he always seems to be the first one to get dropped after a quiet outing.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:45 pm

Injury report

Joseph Sinor
Hamstring
Test
Callum Fairall
Hamstring
Test
Troy Menzel
Hamstring
2-3 weeks
Matthew Goldsworthy
Hamstring
2-3 weeks
Jake Andrews
Shoulder
1-2 weeks
Lukas Cooke
Wrist
1-2 weeks
Josh Capogreco
Shin
3-4 weeks
Seb Menta
Ankle
3-5 weeks
David Brinker-Ritchie
Knee
Indefinite
Daniel Sladojevic
Back
Indefinite
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:09 pm

A move I would consider is swapping Morris and Pearce. Morris might be a bit more dangerous in the air up forward and combine this with stints on the ball, like he has been getting.

Pearce's weapon is his kick and his solid body. I'm not sure he quite works hard enough/is fit enough at this stage to play that effective forward role - which I think is just about the hardest role to play in modern day football. Get him behind the ball as an attacking half back flanker. Handball receives etc. He is not blessed with pace like Beecken or Morris, but carrying it 10 and kicking it 60 will move the ball quickly forward and he has the skill to kick it to advantage.

With Menzel still a few weeks away, if a move like this works, it opens up some more options.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:35 am

The club's best players as announced last Saturday night.

Vs Glenelg
1) Beecken
2) Morris
3) Williams

Vs Norwood
1) D'Aloia
2) Rowe
3) Ballenden

Vs Centrals
1) Ballenden
2) Williams
3) Redden
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:49 am

Mickyj wrote:

Last Saturday in the reserves I thought Lukac's field play was very good and was amazed at some of the things he did.
But I thought his ruck work was poor, especially at centre bounces, he can't jump.
I would like to see him coached to be a tall roaming forward.

I think McFarlane has to be given a go shortly. His first halves lately have been very good but he has dropped off badly in second halves.
Needs more match fitness, the Eagles wouldn't lose anything by playing him. Our bottom four, five or six have been poor.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:55 am

Rowe got 1 week suspension from Central game
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:36 am

whybother wrote:Rowe got 1 week suspension from Central game
Oh bigger didn’t know
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:31 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Oh bigger didn’t know

He is challenging it. Lucky we are playing the Crows and they are a player down also, and who knows their strength. They have an out through the tribunal.

Last edited by Goddsy11 on Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:01 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Oh bigger didn’t know

He is challenging it. Lucky we are player the Crows and who knows their strength. They have an out through the tribunal.
Thanks Goddsy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:42 pm

I see Rowe is out suspended. Did he challenge or not?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:26 pm

whybother wrote:I see Rowe is out suspended. Did he challenge or not?

Lost challenge
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3