Goddsy11
whybother
Gazz
eaglesman
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Norwood v Eagles coopers stadium 2 nd June - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwood v Eagles coopers stadium 2 nd June

Post by Headfan Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:38 pm

Was Williams effort enough to keep him there when Sinor returns?
Or was he just a fill in for Sinor’s absence.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Norwood v Eagles coopers stadium 2 nd June - Page 3 Empty Re: Norwood v Eagles coopers stadium 2 nd June

Post by Aerie Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:16 pm

Great win. Kept Norwood at arms length after a good start, then finished off in the last quarter, despite Menzel and Goldsworthy injured.

I thought Rowe and Ballenden were outstanding. D’Aloia and Thompson not far behind. Really a team effort though.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:38 pm

Premiers wrote:Good 4 Q effort. V. important win to move on from the "Beecken drafting".
Coincidence that we're playing Centrals again with an injury list (Sinor, Menzel, Goldsworthy, ? Moore) although not as bad as last time. I didn't see the Seconds but stats show McFarland and Barkla possible replacements. Read Jack Boyd's stats but how did he go?

The two's wasn't great viewing in the first half but to their credit they lifted after half time and at one point were probably a silly chance to pinch the win but lost a bit of momentum after a free was paid against Mishai as he was trying to gather the ball inside defensive 50 lost his balance and stumbled and hit the leg of a Norwood player.
Boyd did some useful things, worked hard, dished out some clever taps, kicked a goal and threw his weight around when things got a bit heated to back up his team mates.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:18 pm

whybother wrote:
At least there is video footage of the Norwood player who threw a roundhouse punch to the jaw behind play after we scored a goal in 1st quarter

Where is this whybother ?

I would expect it to be shown (again) in match review on sanfl website.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:19 am

[quote="Premiers"]Good 4 Q effort. V. important win to move on from the "Beecken drafting".
Coincidence that we're playing Centrals again with an injury list (Sinor, Menzel, Goldsworthy, ? Moore) although not as bad as last time. I didn't see the Seconds but stats show McFarland and Barkla possible replacements. Read Jack Boyd's stats but how did he go?

He looked great Jack did. I was watching by the app and reporting back to Mickyj re our goal scorers and how they're scored by messenger.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:32 am

[quote="Premiers"]Good 4 Q effort. V. important win to move on from the "Beecken drafting".

Jack looked great. Watching it via the app. He actually played well he's not afraid to go to ground to tackle. Think maybe Lukac was injured unless it's just my end as when Boyd was in the backline, he ran to the centre for centre bounce and seemed to do the bulk of the ruck. The app was a bit blurry at times then as the game went on the camera got better especially scrolling in for when players lined up for goals. Surprisingly Watson pulled his socks right up for about a half or so. He looked different on the app.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:39 am

Headfan wrote:Was Williams effort enough to keep him there when Sinor returns?

I haven't seen as closely as some on here, but it seemed Williams has mostly played wing with a bit of time on ball this season and that wasn't too different yesterday, although presumably a bit more time on ball if the first choice players such as Sinor are missing.

I think Williams has brought consistency to his game this year. He had a mini break out season the season he got drafted, playing as a forward, following the 2021 premiership, but I think he has become a bonafide league footballer this season. He uses the ball beautifully generally and carries the ball forward. Has a good step and is now strong enough to stand up in the contests. Still only 22. Maybe similar to Sinor, who just kept getting better and better with experience. Fingers crossed Williams is on the same trajectory. He has class, which not many do.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:59 am

Losing both Menzel and Goldsworthy from our forward line for next week presents problems - Goldsworthy for his classy value for possessions and Menzel for the mobile medium/tall role he plays (after our talls Ballenden and Weckert). We haven't an obvious player to fill Menzel's role and when Ballenden is downfield rucking, our forward line this week will only have Weckert who can take a decent overhead. Suggestion: if Moore returns to our backline.this week as expected, play Fleeton in Menzel's role up forward. Fleeton covers Menzel for pace, overhead marking and kicking if not the footy smarts.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:08 am

Premiers wrote:Losing both Menzel and Goldsworthy from our forward line for next week presents problems - Goldsworthy for his classy value for possessions and Menzel for the mobile medium/tall role he plays (after our talls Ballenden and Weckert). We haven't an obvious player to fill Menzel's role and when Ballenden is downfield rucking, our forward line this week will only have Weckert who can take a decent overhead.  Suggestion: if Moore returns to our backline.this week as expected, play Fleeton in Menzel's role up forward. Fleeton covers Menzel for pace, overhead marking and kicking if not the footy smarts.

That’s good thinking Premiers .
Goldy watching on the APP appeared to be spending time on the wing
Menzel was going further up the field from what I’ve noticed in the past I could be wrong
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:12 am

Aerie wrote:

I haven't seen as closely as some on here, but it seemed Williams has mostly played wing with a bit of time on ball this season and that wasn't too different yesterday, although presumably a bit more time on ball if the first choice players such as Sinor are missing.

I think Williams has brought consistency to his game this year. He had a mini break out season the season he got drafted, playing as a forward, following the 2021 premiership, but I think he has become a bonafide league footballer this season. He uses the ball beautifully generally and carries the ball forward. Has a good step and is now strong enough to stand up in the contests. Still only 22. Maybe similar to Sinor, who just kept getting better and better with experience. Fingers crossed Williams is on the same trajectory. He has class, which not many do.

My thoughts this year Jacobs has been trying different players in the middle . Morris worked a few weeks back after 1/2 time .
Williams was good yesterday he followed the ball his skills so so
Beattie did some good stuff on the ball
But just my thoughts watching on the APP
Hopefully I’ll be back next home game so I can see the game better
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:38 am

Premiers wrote:Good 4 Q effort. V. important win to move on from the "Beecken drafting".

Reported on another site that Buck has a broken jaw and Knight also injured. So that makes 5, possibly 6 first choice players unavailable against, ironically, Centrals this week since Centrals beat our decimated undermanned team last time.
Can someone confirm Knight's injury ( as I wasn't at the match)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:14 am

[Mickyj] Hopefully I’ll be back next home game so I can see the game better

Didn't you get the post that I made!!
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:14 am

Did Buck play nearly all the game with a broken jaw??!!!
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:57 am

whybother wrote:Did Buck play nearly all the game with a broken jaw??!!!

omg you're telling me we have another injury.

Any though on Hann?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:38 pm

Premiers wrote:

Reported on another site that Buck has a broken jaw and Knight also injured. So that makes 5, possibly 6 first choice players unavailable against, ironically, Centrals this week since Centrals beat our decimated undermanned team last time.
Can someone confirm Knight's injury ( as I wasn't at the match)

I just watched a replay of the last few minutes and knight looked uninjured and walked off the ground without any obvious problem so maybe just a minor issue
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:26 pm

Good - just shows can't rely on other sites. Hopefully, the Buck's jaw report is wrong also. I didn't see the incident but maybe something will come up on SANFL site.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:37 pm

From the Eagles official injury report, no mention of Buck and Knight so all's well. Jumping at shadows.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:42 pm

Premiers wrote:From the Eagles official injury report, no mention of Buck and Knight so all's well. Jumping at shadows.

Some Football sites members are anti eagles so say a lot of BS to get to us . Like we are protected by the umpires .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:04 pm

Premiers wrote:From the Eagles official injury report, no mention of Buck and Knight so all's well. Jumping at shadows.

Just on the SANFL webste

PLAYER NAME NATURE OF INJURY TIME EXPECTED TO RETURN
Troy Menzel* Hamstring TBC
Matthew Goldsworthy Hamstring TBC
Charlie Blair Knee Available
Jordan Moore Quad Test
Callum Fairall Hamstring 1-2 Weeks
Joseph Sinor Hamstring 1-2 Weeks
Josh Capogreco Shin 3-4 Weeks
Jake Andrews Shoulder 3-4 Weeks
Lukas Cooke Wrist 3-4 Weeks
David Brinker-Ritchie Knee Indefinite
Daniel Sladojevic Back Indefinite
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:51 pm

Aerie wrote:

A good summary, Aerie. Thanks.
Maybe he needs time to continue to consolidate.
Like you, I believe he will turn into a core player for the Eagles and eventually take over from Sinor in a different role.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:37 pm

So ling got (only) 3 games for a full-on hit behind pay which had stopped. Guess that sets the standards.

And I thought that this would have incurred another shot at goal. Anyone know the rules regarding illegal acts between goal scored and ball bounce at centre?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:00 pm

Our win/loss record against Norwood at Coopers over the last 10 years must be excellent! Any ideas?
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:39 am

Coaches report

Sam Jacobs reviews Round 8 vs Norwood
What a great win it was against Norwood at the Parade. Right from the outset the players executed the plan that the coaches put together through the week, credit must go to the coaching group too as when you’re playing the undefeated team you need to plan well, and we were able to do that.

We really embrace the opportunity to take on the best teams at their home decks in hostile environments and the players have shown they are unfazed by performing really strongly. It was a 4-quarter effort and that’s what we are most proud of, we won all the quarters and once again were able to finish the game strongly.

Adam D’Aloia, Josh Morris, Connor Ballenden and James Rowe were all at their dominant best and led the way. There were some great individual moments throughout the game, and I said the boy’s post-game that everyone had an impact at some stage throughout which is important to how we want to play.

We are in the midst of playing all the top 5 teams currently and this week we have another big game against Centrals who were able to get us at their home deck, so we have plenty of motivation to return serve this weekend.

See you all Saturday at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval.

Sauce

Sam Jacobs – Eagles Senior Coach
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:57 am

Both Williams and Buck were involved in reportable events by Norwood where they were hit in the head. I think that this may have slowed them down for the rest of the game.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:22 pm

whybother wrote:So ling got (only) 3 games for a full-on hit behind pay which had stopped. Guess that sets the standards.

And I thought that this would have incurred another shot at goal. Anyone know the rules regarding illegal acts between goal scored and ball bounce at centre?

I'm with you, probably should have been a free at the point of the incident however do we assume with there being no report at the time that no umpires saw the incident, hence no free kick.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next