Titan2
Goddsy11
The Barton
35Eagles
Mickyj
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles v Glenelg Sunday may 26 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  Empty Eagles v Glenelg Sunday may 26 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Mickyj Mon May 20, 2024 5:49 pm

Seconds 4.00 pm
League   1.00 pm

Hopefully we’ve got players coming back
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Glenelg Sunday may 26 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  Empty Re: Eagles v Glenelg Sunday may 26 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by 35Eagles Wed May 22, 2024 5:17 pm

Interesting no injury list has come out so maybe a video coming tomorrow sometime or Friday sometime from the club.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Glenelg Sunday may 26 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  Empty Re: Eagles v Glenelg Sunday may 26 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Mickyj Thu May 23, 2024 5:39 pm

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 23, 2024 5:50 pm

Be interesting to see who is actually in this week a very big interchange bench
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 23, 2024 6:03 pm

Ok better listing from the SANFL site

League

F: Pearce, Ballenden, Menzel

HF: McKay, Weckert, Rowe

C: Williams, Sinor, Goldsworthy

HB: Morris, Moore, Rowland

B: Litster, Thompson, Beecken

R: Redden, D’Aloia, Knight

INT: Hann, Beattie, Buck, Firns, Barkla, Lukac, Mawson

IN: Beattie, Lukac, Knight, Mawson

OUT: Fleeton (concussion)

Reserves
F: Tilbrook, Wheare, Mair
HF: Nicholls, Boyd, Jackson
C: Toole, Hansen, McFarlane
HB: McGrath, Ueding, Wollogorang
B: Bruce, Dawkins, Angove

R: Menta, Watson, Neumann
INT: Charles, Arthur, Norman, Davey, Niemann

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri May 24, 2024 4:33 pm

If McLeod is getting a league game their depth must be getting severely tested.
Having said that he would have probably made our best 25 last season.

I see Brayden Calvett (affectionately known as "Zipper" to his friends) has gone to the dark side at Alberton and gets a league game with the cellar dwellers straight away. Unlikely to ever get a league game with us. Move on.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri May 24, 2024 4:41 pm

[quote="The Barton"]If McLeod is getting a league game their depth must be getting severely tested.
Having said that he would have probably made our best 25 last season.

I see Brayden Calvett (affectionately known as "Zipper" to his friends) has gone to the dark side at Alberton and gets a league game with the cellar dwellers straight away. Unlikely to ever get a league game with us.

He couldn't get a game for us. Does anyone know if O'Reilly is still around he was missing 2 weeks ago after the South game when presentations were on yes understand that Hudson has concussion protocols but was surprised he was missing unless sick or injured re O'Reilly.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri May 24, 2024 4:56 pm

I didn't know about Darcy having concussion. I believe he has a history of head injuries
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri May 24, 2024 5:03 pm

The Barton wrote:I didn't know about Darcy having concussion. I believe he has a history of head injuries
Suspect

The boys in Andrews maybe Cappa or whatever it is was saying before presentations as i asked re Darcy coming up for presentations so the same day as fleeton. I know Darcy and his mum has spoken to me a few times before.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri May 24, 2024 7:27 pm

Lukac list ed as an in. Does that mean Redden is suspect. was listed as a Perforated Eardrum last week.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri May 24, 2024 7:29 pm

[quote="Goddsy11"]Lukac list ed as an in. Does that mean Redden is suspect. was listed as a Perforated Eardrum last week.

They never updated the injury list during the week. Surprised that they didn't put it up during the week like they normally do on Monday or Tuesday.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri May 24, 2024 10:39 pm

[quote="35Eagles"]
The Barton wrote:I didn't know about Darcy having concussion. I believe he has a history of head injuries
Suspect

The boys in Andrews maybe Cappa or whatever it is was saying before presentations as i asked re Darcy coming up for presentations so the same day as fleeton. I know Darcy and his mum has spoken to me a few times before. I'm fairly good friends with the first year senior players seem i know then through the under 18s. So they've known me for a while.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun May 26, 2024 2:26 pm

Well that was a garbage team effort in the first half. The blessing is that Glenelg haven't taken full advantage yet which has left the door ajar for us if we can get our effort together.

Best player for us in the first half is Litster then daylight.

Too many players down on form today and some very poor coaching decisions by Jacobs

Redden - hang your head in shame!!! He's rucking against 2 players that are head shorter so we should be dominating the clearances. But he's tapping the ball directly down the throat of the opposition every single time giving Glenelg an advantage.

Beattie and Knight are clearly not match fit.

Very poor coaching to put Beecken onto Hosie. Not only does it take away his strength as a free running defender it makes him play more in a lock-down role on a high marking player - something he is not used to.

With D'Aloia and Mackay giving us nothing in that first half perhaps we need to give Morris 10mins in the centre to see if we can get some aggression
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 26, 2024 3:22 pm

Losing Sinor was big. The State games are not our friends.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 26, 2024 5:27 pm

Awful to watch we didn’t put in the first half was bad
I’ll say no more
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun May 26, 2024 5:41 pm

Well the second half was certainly better than the first!

I look at the score - 11 points - and think we couldn't have played much worse so it was actually flattering and a big tick that we hung in there. Weirdly enough if you removed those 2 costly errors in our backline where our defenders kicked directly to the opposition from 20m straight in front (plus Redden's undisciplined brain fart in the centre that gave a 50m and goal) then we actually would have won.

So I would have absolutely no fear coming against Glenelg again. We surely will give a better effort and beat them next time.

Big shout out to our backline, in particular Litster and Moore. Moore has got better and better each game and thought he was amongst our best keeping McBean to a single goal.

Weckert was very good with his hands. Great last half but his kicking for goal let us down. It's sad for him that our kicking into the forward line has been terrible all year making it hard for him to shine but very impressed how he's tried his guts out even when not kicking goals.

Jacob's wised up to moving Beecken off Hosie and it is no surprise this coincided with us getting back into the game.

Overall too many players well down overall though. Redden's rare shocker continued the whole game, D'aloia, Knight very quiet. Beattie was missing in action and a really baffling move to put him into the seniors when he hasn't played all year and you'd have to think would be well down on fitness due to his ankle issue. Jacobs also need to choose either Menzel or Pearce and dump the other. We can't have both of them in the forward line as neither of them chase or pressure.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun May 26, 2024 6:00 pm

[quote="Titan2"]Well the second half was certainly better than the first!

I look at the score - 11 points - and think we couldn't have played much worse so it was actually flattering and a big tick that we hung in there. Weirdly enough if you removed those 2 costly errors in our backline where our defenders kicked directly to the opposition from 20m straight in front (plus Redden's undisciplined brain fart in the centre that gave a 50m and goal) then we actually would have won.

So I would have absolutely no fear coming against Glenelg again. We surely will give a better effort and beat them next time.

Big shout out to our backline, in particular Litster and Moore. Moore has got better and better each game and thought he was amongst our best keeping McBean to a single goal.

Weckert was very good with his hands. Great last half but his kicking for goal let us down. It's sad for him that our kicking into the forward line has been terrible all year making it hard for him to shine but very impressed how he's tried his guts out even when not kicking goals.

Jacob's wised up to moving Beecken off Hosie and it is no surprise this coincided with us getting back into the game.

Overall too many players well down overall though. Redden's rare shocker continued the whole game, D'aloia, Knight very quiet. Beattie was missing in action and a really baffling move to put him into the seniors when he hasn't played all year and you'd have to think would be well down on fitness due to his ankle issue. Jacobs also need to choose either Menzel or Pearce and dump the other. We can't have both of them in the forward line as neither of them chase or pressure.

Pearce got injured. He was limping badly and even noticeable when the boys headed towards the rooms on TV.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by WTinFamSince1800s Sun May 26, 2024 7:41 pm

A few rock stars hoping to make the AFL mid season draft with AFL scouts in the outer. Bugger the AFL! Bugger the Money! Play from the Heart
WTinFamSince1800s
WTinFamSince1800s
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun May 26, 2024 7:56 pm

[quote="WTinFamSince1800s"]A few rock stars hoping to make the AFL mid season draft with AFL scouts in the outer. Bugger the AFL! Bugger the Money! Play from the Heart

Very true. Yes TV people said that.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun May 26, 2024 7:58 pm

[quote="Mickyj"]Ok better listing from the SANFL site

League

F: Pearce, Ballenden, Menzel

HF: McKay, Weckert, Rowe

C: Williams, Sinor, Goldsworthy

HB: Morris, Moore, Rowland

B: Litster, Thompson, Beecken

R: Redden, D’Aloia, Knight

INT: Hann, Beattie, Buck, Firns, Barkla, Lukac, Mawson

IN: Beattie, Lukac, Knight, Mawson

OUT: Fleeton (concussion)

Reserves
F: Tilbrook, Wheare, Mair
HF: Nicholls, Boyd, Jackson
C: Toole, Hansen, McFarlane
HB: McGrath, Ueding, Wollogorang
B: Bruce, Dawkins, Angove

R: Menta, Watson, Neumann
INT: Charles, Arthur, Norman, Davey, Niemann

Can someone please ell me why Angove pulled out?? Yes I've known Noah for a couple of years now.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun May 26, 2024 9:15 pm

[quote="WTinFamSince1800s"]A few rock stars hoping to make the AFL mid season draft with AFL scouts in the outer. Bugger the AFL! Bugger the Money! Play from the Heart

2 clubs are after McKay or so but don't get me wrong know its his dream to be on a afl list but after today's performance I'd say no and age 27 is almost too old for sfl though short term contract but after that if so is he going to come back to eagles then that's the question. We're going to Miss him off field if he goes elsewhere.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun May 26, 2024 9:30 pm

[quote="35Eagles"][quote="35Eagles"]
Suspect

The boys in Andrews maybe Cappa or whatever it is was saying before presentations as i asked re Darcy coming up for presentations so the same day as fleeton. I know Darcy and his mum has spoken to me a few times before. I'm fairly good friends with the first year senior players seem i know then through the under 18s. So they've known me for a while.

I had a look at Flinders Park a grade team and no Hudson so unless he's gone which i doubt so due to him playing reserves footy i think that he wouldn't be cut yet unless I'm totally wrong. Looks like O'Reilly may have gone without knowing for sure.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun May 26, 2024 10:21 pm

Others have summed it up. Frustrating as we were always close enough but never looked like winning. Hard to find positives and our ladder position flatters us , i dont feel we are a genuine second team. However another game beckons and if our attitude is right there is no reason we cannot beat Norwood. Bring on Sunday!
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon May 27, 2024 10:06 am

Bring on Sunday...and we could be without a few of our best performing players who could be going to play VFL
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon May 27, 2024 12:52 pm

[quote="whybother"]Bring on Sunday...and we could be without a few of our best performing players who could be going to play vfl

Hopefully it's no one we'll lose as no one can predict anything those days.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next