Gazz
hawke
Goddsy11
Columbo
Mickyj
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles v Glenelg April 25 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval  Empty Eagles v Glenelg April 25 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:37 pm

Seconds 11.20
League 2.10

What can we say who will be back this week?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Glenelg April 25 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval  Empty Re: Eagles v Glenelg April 25 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Columbo Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:34 pm

Pretty sure we had this discussion last year.

It's interesting that the 2's start before 12, but it was the same last year so guess the rules have definitely changed regarding events in the morning.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Glenelg April 25 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval  Empty Re: Eagles v Glenelg April 25 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:51 pm

Columbo wrote:Pretty sure we had this discussion last year.

It's interesting that the 2's start before 12, but it was the same last year so guess the rules have definitely changed regarding events in the morning.

I wonder if the times will change ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:01 pm

EAGLES

League

F: Williams, D. Menzel, Hardie

HF: Comitogianni, Firns, Cameron

C: Goldsworthy, Clarke, Mutch

HB: Duval, Thompson, Rowland

B: Beecken, Lehmann, Sinor

R: Ballenden, Lonergan, Knight

INT: Pudney, Lukac, McFarlane, Toumpas, Allmond, Buck, Mead, Litster, Haylock

IN: Cameron, Toumpas, Mead, Litster, Haylock

Reserves
Neumann, Hoile, Adams, Wheare, Studham, Bruce, Cooke, Calvett, Dawkins, Michael, McLeod, Williams, O’Reilly, Watson, Hill, Nicholls, Ueding, Pearce, Phillips, Wollogorang, Blair, Siney

Under-18
F: Baker, Niemann, Mair
HF: Angove, Weckert, Reschke
C: Hansen, Barkla, Johnson
HB: Roe, Pearce, Hocking
B: Knight, McKay, Menta

R: Hunter-Price, Phillipou, D’Aloia
INT: Arthur, Battle, Cook, Whelan, Winston, Ziersch

Under-16
F: Peucker, Harris, Walshaw
HF: Sumner, Edwards, Ebert
C: Angove, Burgoyne, Sauer
HB: Parisi, Dodd, Pollard
B: Lucas, Welsh, Simpson

R: Luck, Herbert, Schwarz
INT: Bigg, Griffiths, Hasting, Jamieson, McNeil, Sands, Sinclair
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:35 pm

Half time and 7 points down. We need to look for loose player in attack instead of just Menzel. We gave 2 sloppy goals away in that 2nd 1/4.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:16 pm

Posting this at 3Q time so might be a blowout next Q.
But considering no Mutch, Cameron and Toumpas playing first games, no Redden or Guilhaus, Troy Menzel , a better performance compared with the previous few weeks.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:22 pm

hawke wrote:Posting this at 3Q time so might be a blowout next Q.
But considering no Mutch, Cameron and Toumpas playing first games, no Redden or Guilhaus, Troy Menzel , a better performance compared with the previous few weeks.

Just lost I’m afraid
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:25 pm

Perhaps a tad undermanned and underdone but the commitment was first class. Sinor's smother and Clarke's tackle were outstanding . That sort of effort overall would please Sheedy and co, unlucky in the end but Glenelg are a solid outfit
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:19 pm

Anyone know what kept Mutch out?
How long is Troy Menzel listed out for?
Who was standing Glenelg's Stagg?
Ballenden - to -Lonergan 3 centre clearances for goals at start of 3rdQ then Lonergan hurts shoulder and off the ground, hurt us, till he returned mid last Q.
Dylan Clarke and Allmond haven't been as influential as I hoped.

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:03 pm

Its strange - I feel like the team is much better placed going into next week with a win versus the two wins we have had to date. As a whole the team played much better from

During the first quarter we were that bad I thought we would get smashed by 10 goals but then we seemed to click in the second quater playing with much better intensity and cohesion. Thought we were getting a bit of momentum in the second when we got out to a 2 goal lead but the game clearly turned when Lonergan went off with what appeared to be a serious shoulder injury (but who luckily returned after half time). We also stopped bombing the ball into the forward line blindly. Honestly I don't know how many easy marks we gave up to Durden. It was bad of our mids to kick it up long and high but honestly, our smaller blokes weren't even making an attempt to spoil. That all seemed to change from about halfway through the third.

Lets look at the positives. Ballendon played an absolute blinder but we are crying out for his height to stationed in our forward line 80% of the match. Redden can't come back too soon. Toumpas' class in the backline was evident despite lacking gametime. Knights played his best game for the season. The amount of smothers we did after halftime was really impressive - great desperation. Menzel continued to play well and Williams played his best game for us since kicking a similar amount of goals for us at Woodville almost 12 months ago.

The negatives - our lack of ruck options at the moment is killing this side as it means we have to bring Ballenden into the ruck which then destroys our forward structure. Goldy's continued bad form is now getting worrying - I would have thought after a few games this would have improved. Our slow sideways movement coming out of defence caused by a lack of a tall forward target presenting itself is even more damaging as it allows the opposition to flood back making it even harder to score.

The opportunities - Not sure what happened to Beecken and Mutch today (covid??) but both critical players who will improve the team immeasurably. If they were playing today I think we might have caused an upset. Studham in the reserves - first time I've seen this kid but he's definitely got some class about him. I think he will take Buck's spot in defence shortly
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:04 pm

hawke wrote:Anyone know what kept Mutch out?
Ballenden - to -Lonergan 3 centre clearances for goals at start of 3rdQ then Lonergan hurts shoulder and off the ground, hurt us, till he returned mid last Q.

I’m told Mutch had covid .
Lonergan wasn’t that just before 1/2 time came back on with number 21
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:06 pm

Titan2 wrote:Its strange - I feel like the team is much better placed going into next week with a win versus the two wins we have had to date. As a whole the team played much better from

During the first quarter we were that bad I thought we would get smashed by 10 goals but then we seemed to click in the second quater playing with much better intensity and cohesion. Thought we were getting a bit of momentum in the second when we got out to a 2 goal lead but the game clearly turned when Lonergan went off with what appeared to be a serious shoulder injury (but who luckily returned after half time). We also stopped bombing the ball into the forward line blindly. Honestly I don't know how many easy marks we gave up to Durden. It was bad of our mids to kick it up long and high but honestly, our smaller blokes weren't even making an attempt to spoil. That all seemed to change from about halfway through the third.

Lets look at the positives. Ballendon played an absolute blinder but we are crying out for his height to stationed in our forward line 80% of the match. Redden can't come back too soon. Toumpas' class in the backline was evident despite lacking gametime. Knights played his best game for the season. The amount of smothers we did after halftime was really impressive - great desperation. Menzel continued to play well and Williams played his best game for us since kicking a similar amount of goals for us at Woodville almost 12 months ago.

The negatives - our lack of ruck options at the moment is killing this side as it means we have to bring Ballenden into the ruck which then destroys our forward structure. Goldy's continued bad form is now getting worrying - I would have thought after a few games this would have improved. Our slow sideways movement coming out of defence caused by a lack of a tall forward target presenting itself is even more damaging as it allows the opposition to flood back making it even harder to score.

The opportunities - Not sure what happened to Beecken and Mutch today (covid??) but both critical players who will improve the team immeasurably. If they were playing today I think we might have caused an upset. Studham in the reserves - first time I've seen this kid but he's definitely got some class about him. I think he will take Buck's spot in defence shortly

I just answered before you posted Mutch had covid I was told
Beecken looked to be doing a fitness test before the seconds started . We got there and I thought why is he running around
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:17 pm

Titan2. Good post. I agree on Goldy. Been ineffectual so far. Nuttsy is a bit down compared to what I remember of before he left. We missed a few getable shots today Cameron at the end comes to mind. We gave away a couple of dumb goals in the second 1/4. But in general it was a much better performance than last week.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:35 pm

Mickyj wrote: I just answered before you posted Mutch had covid I was told
Beecken looked to be doing a fitness test before the seconds started . We got there and I thought why is he running around

Confirmed by Sheeds tonight that Kobe tested positive this morning.
Beecken more than likely doing rehab.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:37 am

[quote="hawke"]Anyone know what kept Mutch out?

I think you will find Clarke and Allmond were given specific tasks on Turner and Gerlach.
Thought Clarke did well on Turner who has been a star since crossing from the Bloods, kept him to 14 disposals plus picking up 25 himself along with ten tackles. Allmond seemed to nullify Gerlach to some extent. Allmond said he is given various roles from match to match and just taking a little time to settle down.

"hawke" thought Williams played very well.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:44 am

Club's best players last night:

RESERVES
1) Ryan BRUCE
2) Lachy HOILE
3) Ethan HAYLOCK
4) Connor McLEOD

LEAGUE
1) Riley KNIGHT
2) Joe SINOR
3) Zane WILLIAMS

With very honourable mentions to Dan Menzel, Connor Ballenden and Dylan Clarke.

wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:48 am

Ha! Ha! yes Wimpy. What can I say after his 5 goal performance. I had previously thought he lacked the explosive speed necessary for a good HF and missed too many 40 metre goals on the run. But he reads the play and positions himself well. Hope he continues.
Because we're not getting much goal scoring return from the other small forwards Commitogiani, Goldsworthy and Hardie (albeit Hardie's blinderquarter 3 goals against
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:49 am

......against Norwood)
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:02 am

Sadly, our fortunes are tied up with Dan Menzel playing well each week and, he has. He's such a dangerous player, defenders around him panic and offer opportunities to our other forwards. Yes, Ballenden returning to our forward lines when/If Redden returns will help.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:47 am

Thanks "hawke". Only two goal scorers at half time.
Williams to me is a confidence player, if things go well early he can be very good, but if things don't go his way early he seems to beat up on himself and his game suffers. The more he evens out these fluctuations the better he will be and this will come with experience.

Let's remember Sheedy has to rebuild the forward half with J. Hayes, Stengle, Poole and T. Menzel missing.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:10 pm

wimpy wrote:Thanks "hawke". Only two goal scorers at half time.
Williams to me is a confidence player, if things go well early he can be very good, but if things don't go his way early he seems to beat up on himself and his game suffers. The more he evens out these fluctuations the better he will be and this will come with experience.

Let's remember Sheedy has to rebuild the forward half with J. Hayes, Stengle, Poole and T. Menzel missing.
and we will never get any of them back. Lack of a tall marking forward was our bigest downfall
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:08 pm

So does that mean T Menzel is gone for good?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:35 pm

I would really like to see Clay Cameron stand up and become the player we drafted him to be - a high flying key forward.

Unfortunately due to injury he probably only played 7-8 games last year and until the weekend was also injured. He never really had an opportunity last season to establish himself up forward and actually ended up as a defender for us.

It would be great if he is able to string together 3-4 games in a row up forward and try and get some form on the board because he does appear to be a player that has yet to fulfil his potential with us. I think he'd be capable of kicking up to 30 goals if given the chance over a full season.

On Goldy - he looks lost up forward at the moment and his normally reliable kicking for goal has been woeful. I think he is at his best for us on the wing and/or running from half back where his passing by foot is very damaging.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:43 pm

whybother wrote:So does that mean T Menzel is gone for good?

At the moment he is resting for five weeks to see how the LARS/knee comes up. I think the LARS was stretched and waiting to see how it settles down.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:45 pm

I think Lukac is worth persisting with. Especially with Redden still a few weeks away. I’m surprised they dropped him for the ANZAC game. The way Ballenden is playing, he’ll get picked up in the mid season draft by someone.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next