The Barton
Mickyj
Columbo
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Reserves & Under 16's - Page 3 Empty Re: Reserves & Under 16's

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:29 pm

goddy11 wrote:Great tough win by the U16 boys. Into a GF now.

Just saw the score well done guys
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:39 pm

Went and had a look at the U16s yesterday. Quite impressed with their game.
Except for the first 10 minutes when South kicked 2 goals with a strong wind, the Eagles appeared to be in control, in the last 5 minutes of the match they appeared to panic and didn't make the right decisions but scrambled home.
At times the Eagles strung together some exciting football which ended up in goals.
I thought Tom Luck our lead ruckman was excellent setting up our on ballers many times, but what impressed me most was his ability around the ground to take strong marks and find the ball (23 disposals). Rome Burgoyne across halfback was very steady. Liked the games of Zac Schwarz, Kade Herbert, Jett Hasting, Jack Cook and Isaac Edwards. Edwards is left foot half forward flanker who kicked 3 very nice goals.
Special mention to Zane Peucker 2 goals and 3 points, at only 14 years old shows a lot of promise. Of the 28 listed on the team sheet 17 were from the city and 11 from the country, a good mix. A good result for the club.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:32 am

wimpy wrote:Went and had a look at the U16s yesterday. Quite impressed with their game.
Except for the first 10 minutes when South kicked 2 goals with a strong wind, the Eagles appeared to be in control, in the last 5 minutes of the match they appeared to panic and didn't make the right decisions but scrambled home.
At times the Eagles strung together some exciting football which ended up in goals.
I thought Tom Luck our lead ruckman was excellent setting up our on ballers many times, but what impressed me most was his ability around the ground to take strong marks and find the ball (23 disposals). Rome Burgoyne across halfback was very steady. Liked the games of Zac Schwarz, Kade Herbert, Jett Hasting, Jack Cook and Isaac Edwards. Edwards is left foot half forward flanker who kicked 3 very nice goals.
Special mention to Zane Peucker 2 goals and 3 points, at only 14 years old shows a lot of promise. Of the 28 listed on the team sheet 17 were from the city and 11 from the country, a good mix. A good result for the club.

Great report as always Wimpy.
I saw Tyler Welsh yesterday and he appeared to have hamstring injury.
Hope he gets up for the GF, looking forward to seeing him in action and adding to some more GF misery to Glenelg.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:40 am

The Barton wrote:
wimpy wrote:Went and had a look at the U16s yesterday. Quite impressed with their game.

Hope he gets up for the GF, looking forward to seeing him in action and adding to some more GF misery to Glenelg.
Agree, great as always report from Wimpy. Tyler was very quiet after 1/4 time. Hope your wrong on the hammy.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:05 pm

The Barton wrote:

I was intending to mention Tyler Welsh in my post but forgot to. To me he appeared to cop a bad corky in the third quarter, was taken off and remained off for quite awhile, he was brought back on during the last quarter and was stationed at F/F but could not run or chase so was benched again. I'm hoping it was only a corky and he can recover some mobility so he can play Friday night at Adelaide Oval (4.50 pm).
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:08 pm

I was intending to mention Tyler Welsh in my post but forgot to. To me he appeared to cop a bad corky in the third quarter, was taken off and remained off for quite awhile, he was brought back on during the last quarter and was stationed at F/F but could not run or chase so was benched again. I'm hoping it was only a corky and he can recover some mobility so he can play Friday night at Adelaide Oval (4.50 pm).[/quote]

You could well be right (as always Very Happy) Wimpy.
He had a pressure bandage on his leg and was walking stiff legged which could indicate "just" a corky.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:14 pm

U16 Grand Final | Glenelg v Woodville-West Torrens | 4:50pm | Friday evening at the Adelaide Oval

EAGLES

F: Cook, West, Sumner

HF: Walshaw, Welsh, Edwards

C: Sands, Herbert, Sauer

HB: Burgoyne, Brodie Harris, Hasting

B: Hawker, Delmenico, Bigg

R: Luck, Lucas, Schwarz

INT: Berggren-Levitt, Ebert, Griffiths, Blake Harris, Hughes, Jamieson, Peucker, Phillips, Piggott, Simpson, Thompson, Willmott
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:10 pm

What a great team effort. Congrats boys.

Reserves & Under 16's - Page 3 U1610
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:04 pm

After the first quarter our boys never looked like losing. We had a lot more control than the scoreboard showed. Missed some sitters. Tom Luck is a star, clearly best again. Tyler Welsh played slightly hurt, hampered by a corky received the week before, he was positioned at F/F all night but still took some wonderful marks and ended up with 4 goals. Again a special mention to Zane Peucker, only 14 yo and small, but still kicked 3 goals. Players that took my eye were Rome Burgoyne, very steady at H/B and a nice kick, Jett Hasting plenty of dash off the H/B line, Lachy Sands on the wing was everywhere, Kade Herbert and Zac Schwarz were excellent on ball and Brodie Harris at CHB was very strong and marked well although he could improve his kicking.
Our team was beautifully balanced all over the ground. A top team effort, Glenelg were very disappointing, only kicked one goal in the last three quarters, they just didn't give a roar at all.
This is the way the club most go, trying to get as many good juniors through to the seniors as possible, tonights match was very encouraging.

Last edited by wimpy on Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:57 pm

Congratulations to the Under 16's on a wonderful Grand Final win, completely eclipsing the minor premiers Glenelg. It was great to watch! Tyler Welsh did very well considering his injury from last week. We have a very talented group of players here, hopefully many of them will go on to play senior league football for the Eagles.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:34 am

Congratulations to the youngsters. One piece of silverware in a sadly disappointing club season.

"....them will go on to play senior league football for the Eagles" But when their time comes, the dreaded AFL draft is looming
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:02 pm

Well done to all involved. A rich vein of talent coming through which should flow through the grades in coming years. They should leave the Chimney as it is - the colours and order are still current for the '16's.
On a separate topic, The Advertiser reviewed the top 30 players in the Mid North competition. Two Hayes brothers were near the top of the list, pity they didn't follow their older brothers in coming through the Eagles (assuming they were good enough for SANFL).
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:48 pm

Maybe its time for the older brothers to come back and take their turn on the farm.....letting the younger two have a go at WWT.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:22 pm

The Barton wrote:Well done to all involved. A rich vein of talent coming through which should flow through the grades in coming years. They should leave the Chimney as it is - the colours and order are still current for the '16's.
On a separate topic, The Advertiser reviewed the top 30 players in the Mid North competition. Two Hayes brothers were near the top of the list, pity they didn't follow their older brothers in coming through the Eagles (assuming they were good enough for SANFL).

Hello "The Barton", it's interesting reading the write ups on different country leagues. I think the two younger Hayes boys have played in the Eagles under age teams, I think maybe Luke played one or two reserves games, you never know they might come back to us as mature age players.

I also had a look at the Adelaide Plains League and saw a Josh Studham named the seventh best player in that league, I assume he is Nathan's brother or some sort of relation. He is a full forward and kicked 54 goals in 17 games and made the inter league team. I wonder if there would be a future for him at the Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:54 pm

I have prepared a composite pdf of all the reports/photos of the Under 16s GF victory.

if anyone would like a copy, then just send me your email address via the message service and I will oblige.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3