5 posters

Go down

Reserves and Under 18's Finals Empty Reserves and Under 18's Finals

Post by Columbo Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:36 am

From the SANFL site...

SATURDAY 11th SEPTEMBER 2010

HICKINBOTHAM OVAL

MACCA’S CUP UNDER 18
11.25 AM EAGLES V STURT (ELIMININATION FINAL)

RESERVES
2:10 PM PORT ADELAIDE V EAGLES (QUALIFYING FINAL)

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Reserves and Under 18's Finals Empty Re: Reserves and Under 18's Finals

Post by MightyEagles Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:43 am

I'll be there.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:04 pm

From the Eagles email

Reserves - Qualifying Final

Eagles v Port Adelaide - Hickinbotham Oval (Noarlunga), 2:10 on Saturday

U/18 - Elimination Final

Eagles v Sturt - Hickinbotham Oval (Noarlunga), 11:25 on Saturday
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:55 pm

I don't understand why finals are being played down at Noarlunga. As long as I can remember, underage/reserves finals were always at grounds like Norwood, Glenelg or Richmond.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleonly Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Noarlunga! Good Luck to the future of our club.
Eagleonly
Eagleonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 pm

MightyEagles wrote:I don't understand why finals are being played down at Noarlunga. As long as I can remember, underage/reserves finals were always at grounds like Norwood, Glenelg or Richmond.

Richmond is hosting the Div 6 Amateur League Grand Final, Alberton Has the Div 3 Amateurs GF.
Wouldnt have thought Glenelg or Unley would have held up to well after the rain we have had which would have still left Norwood, Prospect and Elizabeth.

Over the past 10 or so years most of our reserves finals have been at Richmond, in 04 we played one at Unley and 08 the Elim and 1st Semi were at the Bay, would expect Noarlunga would be in pretty good shape though.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:09 am

The underage have played finals at Norwood, the first final I was involved in with the u17s was against West at Norwood after playing them the week before and it rained all game and the players were very cold at half time.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:35 pm

Mixed results down at Noarlunga, great win for the Under 18's boys (after being a fair way down at 1/4 time i believe) and disappointing result for the Reserves to go down 9.11 (bit eery considering the date) to 9.15, had their opportunities but didnt take them, but Port also had opportunities and couldn't put us away. 3rd game in a row for the ressies to be decided by less than a goal, unfortunately didnt go our way though today.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 pm

U18s were 32 points down at qtr time having kicked just 2 points to Sturt 5.4.34 we won 11.13 to Sturt 8.8
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Columbo wrote:Mixed results down at Noarlunga, great win for the Under 18's boys (after being a fair way down at 1/4 time i believe) and disappointing result for the Reserves to go down 9.11 (bit eery considering the date) to 9.15, had their opportunities but didnt take them, but Port also had opportunities and couldn't put us away. 3rd game in a row for the ressies to be decided by less than a goal, unfortunately didnt go our way though today.

That's given me an idea. Smile

Shocking miss by Biglands in the last (Port fans loved that!) and Redden could not make the distance from 45 into the breeze. Mind you, I think we got the better run from the umpires in that match, and Port could have just about sealed the game in the 3rd quarter, with that effort into that few goal wind.

Kind of went how I thought it would, the 18s have the best % out of any team and probably are a bit better than 4th. So it wasn't too surprising to see them win. Regardless of opponents, it will be a bigger test next week I feel.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:16 pm

spell_check wrote:
Columbo wrote:Mixed results down at Noarlunga, great win for the Under 18's boys (after being a fair way down at 1/4 time i believe) and disappointing result for the Reserves to go down 9.11 (bit eery considering the date) to 9.15, had their opportunities but didnt take them, but Port also had opportunities and couldn't put us away. 3rd game in a row for the ressies to be decided by less than a goal, unfortunately didnt go our way though today.

That's given me an idea. Smile

Shocking miss by Biglands in the last (Port fans loved that!) and Redden could not make the distance from 45 into the breeze. Mind you, I think we got the better run from the umpires in that match, and Port could have just about sealed the game in the 3rd quarter, with that effort into that few goal wind.

Kind of went how I thought it would, the 18s have the best % out of any team and probably are a bit better than 4th. So it wasn't too surprising to see them win. Regardless of opponents, it will be a bigger test next week I feel.

Actually it was a great win by the Under 18's.going against a gale force wind(which was almost gone by the end) in the first quarter .And Holding Sturt to just 5 odd goals.Then they only scored 3 more goals!!Sturt started as game favorites with all those players(6 or Cool playing on permits from the SANFL.
Well thats 1 less sturt team in the finals.
Reserves must blame themselves Biglands missing a gimme goal !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down