Columbo
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Reserves & Under 16's - Page 2 Empty Re: Reserves & Under 16's

Post by Aerie Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:31 pm

wimpy wrote:
Reddeer wrote:
wimpy wrote:Good report "Columbo". The first half was outstanding for it's skill and pace.
The plan of playing as many of the 2021 U18 premiership team in the reserves this season I think has payed off well. Although it might take awhile, there might be some league talent there. Development is the key. Also when possible, promoting current U18s will benefit in the long run. Unsure who might be available next week, but Mead, Cameron and Weckert would help. Unfortunately due to circumstances we were a tall backman and a ruck short.  
Is Seb Guilhaus injured or unavailable and would Jesse Lonergan be eligible if fit

I think Seb did a 100m spit of the dummy. I reckon by far he over estimated his worth/value to the club.

So did Sheedy. I still can’t believe in the two most important games of the season, one week we played all of Guilhaus, Redden and Ballenden and the week after we only played Guilhaus.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:25 am

Seb gave 100% effort when he was able to get on the ground. Disappointed that he chose to end his SANFL Career the way he did with a dummy spit.

I believe the Reserves will be playing at Thebby at 11am Saturday against West.
We can have one last look at our magnificent Chimney before the painters come in. Good chance their will be a splash of red on our Chimney this year!
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:36 pm

The Barton wrote:Seb gave 100% effort when he was able to get on the ground. Disappointed that he chose to end his SANFL Career the way he did with a dummy spit.

I believe the Reserves will be playing at Thebby at 11am Saturday against West.
We can have one last look at our magnificent Chimney before the painters come in. Good chance their will be a splash of red on our Chimney this year!

There goes any chance of watching the U16s at Norwood Oval (11.50).
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:54 pm

Logic and the SANFL just don't go together unfortunately.
I get that programming at the same ground might be difficult but surely they can space the games out so that those that are interested in seeing all grades play can. I'd blame Jake "can't make a decision" Parkinson but he's no longer there, thankfully.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:10 pm

I am just reading the rumour mongers on Big Footy. Hearing of red flags on Mattaes Phillipou. Not sure exactly what their on about. Assuming family interference or similar.  Any knowledge anyone?

Last edited by goddy11 on Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:45 pm

PLAYER NAME NATURE OF INJURY TIME EXPECTED OFF
Mattaes Phillipou Ankle Test
Mitch Mead Back Test
Brody Mair Groin Season
Mishai Wollogorang Head Season
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:48 pm

No mention of Clay Cameron in the injury list?
Maybe he simply hasn't qualified - but he was listed as "injured" in last weeks team changes so who knows
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:55 pm

The Barton wrote:No mention of Clay Cameron in the injury list?
Maybe he simply hasn't qualified - but he was listed as "injured" in last weeks team changes so who knows

Also, what about the availability of Patrick Weckert or will the private schools pull out another mickey mouse match for him to play in !!!!!!!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:57 pm

goddy11 wrote:I am just reading the rumour mongers on Big Footy. Hearing of red flags on Mattaes Phillipou. Not sure exactly what their on about. Assuming family interference or similar.  Any knowledge anyone?

I think you will find that Sam is a bit of an interfering parent.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:58 pm

wimpy wrote:
The Barton wrote:No mention of Clay Cameron in the injury list?

Also, what about the availability of Patrick Weckert or will the private schools pull out another mickey mouse match for him to play in !!!!!!!!!!

Does school footy still take priority over anything other than league footy??

https://www.plainsproducer.com.au/sport/pattys-big-time-debut

Interesting article, seems Patrick may have to make a decision soon.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:28 pm

U16 Torrens University Cup

First Semi Final | Eagles v North Adelaide | Coopers Stadium | 11:50am | SANFL Now

EAGLES

F: Cook, Daly, Sumner

HF: Walshaw, Welsh, Edwards

C: Sands, Herbert, Sauer

HB: Burgoyne, Brodie Harris, Hasting

B: Hawker, Delmenico, Bigg

R: Luck, Lucas, Schwarz

INT: Berggren-Levitt, Devlin, Ebert, Griffiths, Blake Harris, Jamieson, Phillips, Piggott, Peucker, Simpson
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:06 pm

Looking forward to seeing Weckert again.

First Semi Final | West Adelaide v Eagles | 11:00am | Thebarton Oval | SANFL Now

EAGLES

F: Nicholls, Cooke, Watson

HF: D’Aloia, Lukac, Siney

C: O’Reilly, Hoile, McLeod

HB: Thomson, Duval, Adams

B: Studham, Ueding, Hill

R: Phillips, Dawkins, Pudney

INT: Jackson, Fairall, Wheare, Weckert, B. Hansen, Neumann, Barkla
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:14 pm

goddy11 wrote:U16 Torrens University Cup

First Semi Final | Eagles v North Adelaide | Coopers Stadium | 11:50am | SANFL Now

EAGLES

F: Cook, Daly, Sumner

INT: Berggren-Levitt, Devlin, Ebert, Griffiths, Blake Harris, Jamieson, Phillips, Piggott, Peucker, Simpson

Some famous surnames in this group
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:24 pm

No Phillipou in the reserves. May have called it quits prior draft.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:20 pm

Reserves bow out They didn't play too well and often used stupid handballs. Can anyone elaborate on Weckert. Listed in the team but apparently did not play. did he get injured in the warm up?, test positive for Covid? or just decide on PAC instead?
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:23 pm

Reddeer wrote:Reserves bow out They didn't play too well and often used stupid handballs. Can anyone elaborate on Weckert. Listed in the team but apparently did not play. did he get injured in the warm up?, test positive for Covid? or just decide on PAC instead?
Was wondering the same. Was on the SANFL list but no stats. I'm too lazy to check if he was replaced. Might do it late.
Good win by the U16 . Welsh a lazy 7.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:37 pm

Clay C walking around Theby Oval in moonboot. Wecket started on ground but only lasted 1/2 of 1st quarter. Eagles forward line underheighted.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:23 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Reddeer wrote:Reserves bow out They didn't play too well and often used stupid handballs. Can anyone elaborate on Weckert. Listed in the team but apparently did not play. did he get injured in the warm up?, test positive for Covid? or just decide on PAC instead?
Was wondering the same. Was on the SANFL list but no stats. I'm too lazy to check if he was replaced. Might do it late.
Good win by the U16 . Welsh a lazy 7.

Weckert broke his thumb in the first minute or two of the reserves game, not to be seen again.

Tyler Welsh is a star.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:33 pm

At least as an Under 16 he will be with the Eagles for few more years
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:00 pm

Watched most of the Reserves on the sanfl now app. Narelle Smith was on special comments. Her comments and reading of the game was spot on. Googled her and I see she is the Eagles woman's coach. I hope the club utilises her for the men too. One of the most obvious things a lot of these young players are that are coming through is ‘passive’ in the contest and particularly in defence. Studham was the only player that looked league level at the moment. Cooke looks the tall with the most nous. Will need to upskill and fast track via a big pre-season!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:43 pm

Disappointing end to the season but that has been the story of the year for the 2's. 20 Games, 10 wins and 10 losses.

Today as WhyBother mentioned we lacked height, Jordan Lukac played Forward, Back and Ruck, we needed another 2 of him.
Losing Weckert didn't help our forward structure but would he have been the difference? we will never know now, he went off to hospital before half time.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:06 am

Columbo wrote:Disappointing end to the season but that has been the story of the year for the 2's. 20 Games, 10 wins and 10 losses.

Today as WhyBother mentioned we lacked height, Jordan Lukac played Forward, Back and Ruck, we needed another 2 of him.
Losing Weckert didn't help our forward structure but would he have been the difference? we will never know now, he went off to hospital before half time.

The club's lack of height seems to be have been an on going problem for quite awhile, we just don't grow them tall.

We have the the best ruckman (Tom Luck) in the U16's comp but with all talls they take time to develop, by the time he is ready to play league he will get drafted.

Was a bit disappointed that Jack Wheare didn't make the final cut, he can take a strong mark and kick a long goal but his work rate is just not good enough with Weckert going down early he would have been an ideal replacement.

I have been watching Cormack O'Reilly (wingman) all season, he has developed well during the season. If he keeps improving I think there is a chance he could play league. He appears to me to be a better prospect than Connor McLeod.

wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:31 pm

Aerie wrote:Watched most of the Reserves on the sanfl now app. Narelle Smith was on special comments. Her comments and reading of the game was spot on. Googled her and I see she is the Eagles woman's coach. I hope the club utilises her for the men too. One of the most obvious things a lot of these young players are that are coming through is ‘passive’ in the contest and particularly in defence. Studham was the only player that looked league level at the moment. Cooke looks the tall with the most nous. Will need to upskill and fast track via a big pre-season!

I agree with you Aerie. Most of the women commentating the AFL are horrible so I was prepping myself for an arvo watching the game with someone similar. Didn't know who she was at the time but was quite impressed with her knowledge and she has a voice that works well in a broacast.

On the game, Studham showed he is definitely a cut above Reserves level and really should have been given opportunities in our league side far earlier in the season. Very disappointed at the performances of many of the 'fringe league players' - Hoile, Pudney and McLeod who chose a bad day to put in average games.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:23 pm

South Adelaide v Eagles | Thebarton | 11:00am | SANFL Now | The Advertiser KommunityTV

EAGLES

F: Cook, Hughes, Sumner

INT: Ebert, Griffiths, Jamieson, Manuel, Peucker, Phillips, Piggott, Pinfield, Simpson, West
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:16 pm

Great tough win by the U16 boys. Into a GF now.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next