eaglesman
The Barton
whybother
Goddsy11
Gregod
Mickyj
11 posters

Go down

Eagles V Sturt Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 August  Empty Eagles V Sturt Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 August

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:51 pm

Seconds 3.50 pm
League 6.30 pm

I had to look twice at the league match time 6.30 pm in this time of year .
We need to win that’s an understatement
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles V Sturt Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 August  Empty Re: Eagles V Sturt Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 August

Post by Gregod Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:11 am

Mickyj wrote:Seconds 3.50 pm
League 6.30 pm

I had to look twice at the league match time 6.30 pm in this time of year .
We need to win that’s an understatement

Forecast for lots of rain Saturday so it will be interesting to see how many will go. It use to be  Sturt Sturt rub them in the dirt but it might be mud with the centre being a bog at the moment
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles V Sturt Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 August  Empty Re: Eagles V Sturt Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 13 August

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:11 am

Ok ins and outs for the league team

IN: Ballenden, Sinor, Pudney, Redden
OUT: Lonergan (hamstring)
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:27 am

Eagles v Sturt | Maughan Thiem Kia Oval | 6:30pm | SANFL Now

Hardie 15, D. Menzel 23, Pearce 54
Comitogianni 3, Firns 39, Goldsworthy 29
Mutch 5, Knight 7, Toumpas 2
McFarlane 9, Lehmann 42, Beecken 18
Buck 49, Thompson 6, Rowland 24
Ballenden 10, Clarke 4, Sinor 35

Int
(from) McLeod 43, Studham 31, Guilhaus 21,
Bruce 32, Redden 55, Allmond 11, Pudney 37

EAGLES

IN: Ballenden, Sinor, Pudney, Redden

OUT: Lonergan (hamstring)

MILESTONE: Kai Pudney – 50 games
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:32 am

Could this be the last home game for a few Eagles players?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:51 am

whybother wrote:Could this be the last home game for a few Eagles players?

Highly likely.
Redden for sure (if he plays, had gel pumped into his left knee on Wednesday due to cartilage damage)
Hopefully not too many others but expecting a few
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:27 am

That's sad for Big Red. He deserves a good send off....been a valiant warrior for many years.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:13 am

whybother wrote:That's sad for Big Red. He deserves a good send off....been a valiant warrior for many years.

Indeed, and one of very few Eagles to lay claim to 3 Premiership Medals.
Best efforts have been in Finals, over the last 2 years especially.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:58 am

We have a lot of percentage to make up against Sturt if we are to still have any chance of making the finals.  I hope the players really take the game on tonight and play positive, attacking football straight through the centre and not along the boundary lines as we have been doing.  I hope Ballenden and Menzel are fit, as we badly need good games from them, and for the rest of the players to lift also.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:29 am

I cant see Phillipou in the 2's. What chance of a league debut.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:06 pm

Very good win under trying conditions. Too little too late.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:23 pm

Terrible game to watch in terrible muddy slippery conditions. A win but not by enough and the umpiring was sh*t house. I dont know where they get them from these days but stocks must be low if they use what we had to witness tonight
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:06 am

If the SANFL want to charge $18 to get in, on top of member fees, on top of digital pass fees, then they need to provide better playing surfaces than what Woodville Oval has served up this season, which has provided for poor footy. Can handle a game or two each season after a torrential downpour but every game is like this. Norwood Oval was the same Friday night. Apparently U12’s had been playing on it all week? Not good enough.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:12 am

Aerie wrote:If the SANFL want to charge $18 to get in, on top of member fees, on top of digital pass fees, then they need to provide better playing surfaces than what Woodville Oval has served up this season, which has provided for poor footy. Can handle a game or two each season after a torrential downpour but every game is like this. Norwood Oval was the same Friday night. Apparently U12’s had been playing on it all week? Not good enough.

I saw on FB one of our fans say Unley oval had water coming off the oval when our juniors played there yesterday
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:40 am

The mudbath game against South earlier in the season pretty much ruined Woodville oval and the constant rain in the months since has just made it worse. Doesn't help to play a decent standard
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:47 am

But we won both mud-baths
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:19 am

Mickyj wrote:
Aerie wrote:If the SANFL want to charge $18 to get in, on top of member fees, on top of digital pass fees, then they need to provide better playing surfaces than what Woodville Oval has served up this season, which has provided for poor footy. Can handle a game or two each season after a torrential downpour but every game is like this. Norwood Oval was the same Friday night. Apparently U12’s had been playing on it all week? Not good enough.

I saw on FB one of our fans say Unley oval had water coming off the oval when our juniors played there yesterday

Doesn't the women's team play matches at Woodville Oval or train there? I'm not sure whether that would be the case with the other teams as well. Obviously the more games that are played the higher the chance of churning the surface up after heavy rains.

But agree the Oval condition has been a disgrace.

It would have been interesting to see whether we would have beat Sturt on a pristine day with a good playing surface. The boggy, slippery conditions can help a team with poorer skills and less dominant forward.

Irrespective of that proud of the boys with that hard-fought win though clearly we needed to win by at least 6 goals to give us a chance for next week.

Pleasing to see Pearce and Hardie having good matches once again. I think Hardie has been out best player across this terrible 5 game period showing much consistency and demonstrating that he belongs at this level. Pearce is starting to find greater periods of consistency rather than fading in an out of games - he will be one to watch next season with a strong pre-season under his belt.

Last edited by Titan2 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:41 am

And didn't a Port Reserves game get transferred there also?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:57 am

whybother wrote:And didn't a Port Reserves game get transferred there also?

Yes - I think they played Centrals under lights.

I assume the Club accepted the offer as they would be appropriate remunerated for it. Doesn't help the condition of the ground though!!!

The oval, together with some astute recruiting and a hopefully better injury run are some of things I am looking forward to next season.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:18 pm

It's all about the timing of the rain at Woodville (and other grounds too I suspect), the oval hasn't recovered from the heavy rain in the lead up to the South game.
Short of ripping the whole ground up and doing whatever needs to be done to improve the drainage we are always at mercy of not if but when the rain comes.
I'm pretty sure the Charles Sturt Council look after the oval for us and the Cricket club, so to be able to undertake any major works to improve drainage would impact on one or both clubs.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:35 am

Club's best players Vs Sturt
Sheedy said he wanted to reward some lesser lights.
1) Rory Lehmenn
2) Sam Rowland
3) Jarrad Redden

SPECIAL MENTIONS TO:
Buck
Comitogianni
Clarke
Knight
Sinor

Mentioned that Jarrad Redden will finish up at end of season.

RESERVES:
10 Adam D'Aloia
2) Charlie Adams
3) Seb Guilhaus
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:41 am

wimpy wrote:Club's best players Vs Sturt
Sheedy said he wanted to reward some lesser lights.
1) Rory Lehmenn
2) Sam Rowland
3) Jarrad Redden

SPECIAL MENTIONS TO:
Buck
Comitogianni
Clarke
Knight
Sinor

Mentioned that Jarrad Redden will finish up at end of season.

RESERVES:
10 Adam D'Aloia
2) Charlie Adams
3) Seb Guilhaus

Thought that Saturday's game was the best Clarke has played. Same for Mitch Hardie.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:48 am

Rory Lehmann has accepted a job with the Melbourne Cricket Ground as a Commercial Partnerships Executive (whatever that means).
He has been employed by the SANFL in his time in SA.
I can't see how he can work for the MCG out of SA so I'm assuming he will be a departure from the Eagles next year as well???
He's been one of our shining lights this year.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:58 am

The Barton wrote:Rory Lehmann has accepted a job with the Melbourne Cricket Ground as a Commercial Partnerships Executive (whatever that means).
He has been employed by the SANFL in his time in SA.
I can't see how he can work for the MCG out of SA so I'm assuming he will be a departure from the Eagles next year as well???
He's been one of our shining lights this year.

Don't think he will be the last
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down