Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm.

+6
MichaelScott
whybother
Titan2
Mickyj
Aerie
wimpy
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm. - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm.

Post by The Barton Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:02 am

goddy11 wrote:
hawke wrote:What do you mean, Goddy?  With the Bye next match, I was thinking that our injury list could be the best it's been all season with Allmond, Mitch and Guilhaus to come off. In particular, our "tall" crisis has been fixed in recent weeks with the return of Redden, Cameron and now Guilhaus. That leaves only Dane MacFarlane on the injured list and IMHO, he is not in our best 26 players at present. Still think Beecken can regain confidence and play an important role in this latter part of season.

I was only querying what the 1 week means. Does it mean they miss another match or they are ready to come back after the bye. Yes some good players to come back. I like the way we used Redden and Ballenden. I find it hard to see Seb getting back in the side. Mutch and Allmond are big ins but who to go out. Pudney seems to be on the outer after some good performances earlier.

I'm pretty sure one week would mean one actual game.
A good problem to have, still got some decent depth in the club, some of which has been developed in the first half of the year.
Augurs well for a strong run home.
T. Menzel certainly adds a touch of class and the X factor we need up forward.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm. - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm.

Post by hawke Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:27 am

Nobody works harder at running than "Puds". It's just that his numerous possessions don't hurt the opposition enough - tends to kick down the line after signalling his intentions to everybody and is dispossessed in traffic too easily before getting the ball away by hand or foot. But I hope he keeps his head up (though would be disappointed) and works on it. Hoile has moved ahead of him and with Allmond to return plus Beecken and McLeod (McLeod must deserve a chance soon), it may be tough to win back his spot without the help of injuries to other players.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:25 am

hawke wrote:Nobody works harder at running than "Puds". It's just that his numerous possessions don't hurt the opposition enough - tends to kick down the line after signalling his intentions to everybody and is dispossessed in traffic too easily before getting the ball away by hand or foot. But I hope he keeps his head up (though would be disappointed) and works on it. Hoile has moved ahead of him and with Allmond to return plus Beecken and McLeod (McLeod must deserve a chance soon), it may be tough to win back his spot without the help of injuries to other players.

That's a very good assessment of Pudney, "Hawke".
I liked Sheedy's comment about Hoile when interviewed after the Sturt game "that was Lachie's best League game and I thought he arrived as a league player today" (or words to that effect). The boy can certainly play and he may just need longer than some to find his feet at league level. Beeck's will come good again, he's too good a player not to be playing league.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2