Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm.

+6
MichaelScott
whybother
Titan2
Mickyj
Aerie
wimpy
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm. Empty Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm.

Post by wimpy Tue May 31, 2022 2:35 pm

Early assessment is that Mutch will miss 3-4 weeks.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm. Empty Re: Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm.

Post by Aerie Tue May 31, 2022 3:02 pm

Presumably Hardie straight back in for Mutch and Cameron in for Ballenden if he gets picked up by an AFL club. The 2nd of 2 season shaping games. We came through with flying colours last week. A win here would get us right back in the mix with some breathing space to those outside the 5.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm. Empty Re: Eagles Vs Panthers Woodville Oval Sunday 5th June 2.35 pm.

Post by Mickyj Tue May 31, 2022 5:14 pm

Just throw in the seconds game time 11.50 am
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 31, 2022 6:20 pm

Aerie wrote:Presumably Hardie straight back in for Mutch and Cameron in for Ballenden if he gets picked up by an AFL club. The 2nd of 2 season shaping games. We came through with flying colours last week. A win here would get us right back in the mix with some breathing space to those outside the 5.

From what I’ve seen posted on FB from SEN the most likely to be drafted are 4. One being our Williams .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:01 am

Mickyj wrote:
Aerie wrote:Presumably Hardie straight back in for Mutch and Cameron in for Ballenden if he gets picked up by an AFL club. The 2nd of 2 season shaping games. We came through with flying colours last week. A win here would get us right back in the mix with some breathing space to those outside the 5.

From what I’ve seen posted on FB from SEN the most likely to be drafted are 4. One being our Williams .

Just can't see it happening Mickey (Williams being drafted). Has been much improved for us this year but to my mind is still inconsistent and he doesn't have the 'tricks' that small forwards must have to be successful at AFL level i.e. can't kick left foot, can't dummy. I feel like he'd have to have minimum 2 seasons where he kicks around 40 goals each to be considered.

For his sake I'd be happy to be wrong as I support all our players getting a shot at the AFL.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:15 am

Titan2 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Just can't see it happening Mickey (Williams being drafted). Has been much improved for us this year but to my mind is still inconsistent and he doesn't have the 'tricks' that small forwards must have to be successful at AFL level i.e. can't kick left foot, can't dummy. I feel like he'd have to have minimum 2 seasons where he kicks around 40 goals each to be considered.

For his sake I'd be happy to be wrong as I support all our players getting a shot at the AFL.

As an Eagles fan I’m hoping he isn’t drafted
It’s what I saw put up on FB from SEN
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:58 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Titan2 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

As an Eagles fan I’m hoping he isn’t drafted
It’s what I saw put up on FB from SEN

Well I stand corrected!!! Williams is off to Geelong joining Stengle.

As I write this Ballenden's name still hasn't been called out and we are half way through the draft.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:45 am

I wonder if Williams has talked to Jack and James about going into the big league without adequate physical training under his belt.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:45 pm

Teams are in best I could get off the eagles page

IN: Bruce, Beecken, Cameron, Hardie, Pearce

OUT: Williams (Geelong), Mutch (shoulder)

IN: Where, Siney, Mair

OUT: Cooke (H/S Protocols), Wollogorang (H/S Protocols), Cameron (League), Pearce (League), Beecken (League), Bruce (League)
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:14 pm

Ok I’m going to miss this game my family have put their feet down I’m rather sick again . So according to the SANFL it’s on 7 be watching it from home !
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:08 pm

A quick recovery Mickyj...with the weather forecast you may see more of the footy than us fools on the "hill"
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:45 pm

whybother wrote:A quick recovery Mickyj...with the weather forecast you may see more of the footy than us fools on the "hill"
I’ll miss being there
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:13 pm

Phew take the 2 points and move on...always going to be tough in those conditions against a team of scraggers
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:18 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Phew take the 2 points and move on...always going to be tough in those conditions against a team of scraggers
Must be the worst game I've ever seen
I'm glad we won. Congratulations to the guys for fronting up today
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:18 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Phew take the 2 points and move on...always going to be tough in those conditions against a team of scraggers
Must be the worst game I've ever seen
I'm glad we won. Congratulations to the guys for fronting up today
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:11 am

Club's best at last night's presentations:

League:
1) R. Knight
2) M. Litster
3) T. Menzel

Reserves:
1) C. McLeod
2) H. Dawkins
3) L. Beecken
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:11 am

wimpy wrote:Club's best at last night's presentations:

League:
1) R. Knight
2) M. Litster
3) T. Menzel

Reserves:
1) C. McLeod
2) H. Dawkins
3) L. Beecken

Firns, Ballenden and Hoile needed to come in for special mention. Jack Firns took some critical marks under pressure when others were dropping the ball. Conners all round game was great. His rucking eclipsed Redden who was trying to palm the ball dry weather style.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:19 pm

Yes. Was lamenting that earlier in the season, our rookies looked like they hadn't progressed much (except for Buck). But Litster and Hoile have had consecutive v. good games. Hoile's 190cm height (If correct) is an added bonus for a "runner". Plays a bit like Jacob Wehr (running, kicking style).
For next match, Allmond might be back in League but MacFarlane (If fit) to play Seconds.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:03 pm

wimpy wrote:Club's best at last night's presentations:

League:
1) R. Knight
2) M. Litster
3) T. Menzel

Reserves:
1) C. McLeod
2) H. Dawkins
3) L. Beecken

Thankyou Wimpy.
Knight would have to be leading our Club Champion by a mile at the moment.
Sinor and D Menzel would be polling votes as well you'd think
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:17 pm

Could Knight be our second Magary Medalist? Back to back.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:22 pm

"Must be the worst game I've ever seen
I'm glad we won. Congratulations to the guys for fronting up today"

We have played a lot better and lost. THOSE are the worst games.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:30 pm

I hate games that are played in the conditions of Sunday - it very much levels out the teams and presents a huge danger to the team you'd expect to win, in this case the Eagles.

So just really happy to come out of it with a win.

I had been calling for Studham to get an opportunity in the league for a while having liked the look of him in the reserves. Unfortunately the conditions made it pretty pointless to try and critique his performance so hopefully he gets another run on a dry day so we can see what he can do.

Makes you wonder how a player like Beecken can get back in the side though. I was surprised Beecken got dropped as he didn't appear to have been doing anything wrong but I think there are a few players fighting for that medium sized defensive position.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:28 pm

hawke wrote:Yes. Was lamenting that earlier in the season, our rookies looked like they hadn't progressed much (except for Buck). But Litster and Hoile have had consecutive v. good games. Hoile's 190cm height (If correct) is an added bonus for a "runner".  Plays a bit like Jacob Wehr (running, kicking style).
For next match, Allmond might be back in League but MacFarlane (If fit) to play Seconds.

Not the good news we hoped. I'm not sure if the bye is factored into this

Long Term Injury Process
PLAYER NAME NATURE OF INJURY TIME EXPECTED OFF
Dane McFarlane Hamstring 3-4 weeks
Seb Guilhaus Calf 1 week
Kobe Mutch Shoulder 1 week
Jarred Allmond Hamstring 1 week
Rory Lehmann Hip Test
Brock Thomson Side Test
Ryan Williams Quad 1-2 weeks
Lukas Cooke H/S Protocols Available
Mishai Wollogorang H/S Protocols Available
Jay Watson H/S Protocols Available
Aron Asfaha Knee Indefinite
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:04 am

What do you mean, Goddy? With the Bye next match, I was thinking that our injury list could be the best it's been all season with Allmond, Mitch and Guilhaus to come off. In particular, our "tall" crisis has been fixed in recent weeks with the return of Redden, Cameron and now Guilhaus. That leaves only Dane MacFarlane on the injured list and IMHO, he is not in our best 26 players at present. Still think Beecken can regain confidence and play an important role in this latter part of season.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:41 am

hawke wrote:What do you mean, Goddy?  With the Bye next match, I was thinking that our injury list could be the best it's been all season with Allmond, Mitch and Guilhaus to come off. In particular, our "tall" crisis has been fixed in recent weeks with the return of Redden, Cameron and now Guilhaus. That leaves only Dane MacFarlane on the injured list and IMHO, he is not in our best 26 players at present. Still think Beecken can regain confidence and play an important role in this latter part of season.

I was only querying what the 1 week means. Does it mean they miss another match or they are ready to come back after the bye. Yes some good players to come back. I like the way we used Redden and Ballenden. I find it hard to see Seb getting back in the side. Mutch and Allmond are big ins but who to go out. Pudney seems to be on the outer after some good performances earlier.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next