Eagles Vs Adelaide Woodville Oval 20 May (Friday Night)

+6
Columbo
whybother
Mickyj
The Barton
Aerie
wimpy
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles Vs Adelaide Woodville Oval 20 May (Friday Night) Empty Eagles Vs Adelaide Woodville Oval 20 May (Friday Night)

Post by wimpy Tue May 17, 2022 9:07 am

Went to training last night. The five state reps didn't train.
Of the injured/ill, Allmond and Toumpas seemed to train OK.
After missing the magpie game but playing extremely well in the state match, Riley Knight should be rearing to go.
Lehmann trained after receiving a slight hamstring injury against the magpies, could be OK.
Guilhaus seemed to train well and I think he will be back somewhere, might need him and Ballenden to go up against O'Brien or Strachan.
Cameron did a bit of training but unsure if he will play.
Redden and Lonergan don't look ready to resume.
Troy Menzel looks to be coming along nicely
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Eagles Vs Adelaide Woodville Oval 20 May (Friday Night) Empty Re: Eagles Vs Adelaide Woodville Oval 20 May (Friday Night)

Post by Aerie Tue May 17, 2022 12:49 pm

Sounds like good news on the injury front. Will be good to see a ruckman back to see how that changes the side and the use of Ballenden. O'Brien, coming off a rest and being dropped will be pretty imposing I imagine!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Eagles Vs Adelaide Woodville Oval 20 May (Friday Night) Empty Re: Eagles Vs Adelaide Woodville Oval 20 May (Friday Night)

Post by The Barton Tue May 17, 2022 1:50 pm

Very informative update as always Wimpy.
Do you know what the ruling is in regards to the number of AFL players allowed to play for the AFL Reserves sides in the SANFL?
I believe it may be capped at 16 AFL listed players.
Reason I ask is that the Cows, without a lot of injuries thus far, could get close to fielding a full team of AFL listed players.
Having said that, they change the rules to suit themselves, the Pear especially.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 17, 2022 2:56 pm

Thanks for the update wimpy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm

I’ll add in Eagles v West seconds 5 pm at Maughan Thiem Kia oval
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue May 17, 2022 5:31 pm

The Barton wrote:Very informative update as always Wimpy.
Do you know what the ruling is in regards to the number of AFL players allowed to play for the AFL Reserves sides in the SANFL?
I believe it may be capped at 16 AFL listed players.
Reason I ask is that the Cows, without a lot of injuries thus far, could get close to fielding a full team of AFL listed players.
Having said that, they change the rules to suit themselves, the Pear especially.

"The Barton", during the minor round I believe it's unlimited, but restricted to 15 during the finals. I may be wrong I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm not correct, but there is definitely a restriction for the finals.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Wed May 18, 2022 12:23 pm

So the Eagles Reserves play West before the State game, and then again. Some sort of scheduling.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed May 18, 2022 12:26 pm

whybother wrote:So the Eagles Reserves play West before the State game, and then again. Some sort of scheduling.

Yep three times this year last year they played sturt three times iirc
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed May 18, 2022 8:00 pm

whybother wrote:So the Eagles Reserves play West before the State game, and then again. Some sort of scheduling.

3 times in 6 weeks - Round 3, 6 and 7, it happens against Sturt again in Rounds 14, 17 and 18.

Last year it was Sturt in Rounds 1, 5, 10, 17, 18 and then again in the first week of finals
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu May 19, 2022 8:41 am

My observations from training last night are that Cameron and Toumpas look to be a couple of weeks away. Allmond, Lehmann and Knight looked good. Unsure about where Guilhaus will play. Would be a bit risky playing league, might come back through reserves. Didn't see Mead at training could be missing through work or illness. Just on T. Menzel, looking very good, could be very close to playing again, about six weeks since injuring his knee.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu May 19, 2022 10:04 am

I think you'll find Mead has Covid and will be an out this week.
Knight definitely one of the missing 7 to come back in this week, along with Allmond and Lehmann quite possibly. Seb to play seconds. Still got Cameron, Toump, Lonergan and T Menzel waiting in the wings. And Redden eventually....
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 19, 2022 6:38 pm

Looks like the big Seb is back. Cant believe Troy Menzel. Allmond in the 2's.

Eagles v Adelaide | Maughan Thiem Kia Oval | 7:40 | SANFL Now

EAGLES

League

F: Williams, D. Menzel, Hardie

HF: Goldsworthy, T. Menzel, Firns

C: Pudney, Knight, McFarlane

HB: Sinor, Thompson, Rowland

B: Lister, Lehmann, Duval

R: Ballenden, Clarke, Mutch

INT: Comitogianni, Beecken, Buck, Pearce, Mead, Hoile, Guilhaus

IN: T. Menzel, Knight, Guilhaus

Reserves
Neumann, Allmond, Haylock, Adams, Lukac, Wheare, Studham, Bruce, Jackson, Cooke, Calvett, Dawkins, Michael, McLeod, Thomson,  Williams, O’Reilly, Watson, Nicholls, Ueding, Wollogorang, Blair, Siney

Under-18
F: Arthur, Ross, Ziersch
HF: Tilbrook, Reschke, Bertelsmeier
C: Hansen, B. Barkla, Baker
HB: Thomson, Pearce, Fairall
B: Battle, Modystach, Day

R: Hunter-Price, Phillipou, Mair
INT: Dohnt, Ellis, Haley, Harnas, Stockman, Whelan

Under-16
F: Peucker, Hughes, Walshaw
HF: Welsh, Jamieson, Thompson
C: Sauer, Lucas, Cook
HB: Willmott, Phillips, Pollard
B: Hasting, Delmenico, Devlin

R: Luck,  Herbert, Sumner
INT: Berggren-Levitt, Bigg, Dixon-Miller, Griffiths, O’Brien, Pinfield

Last edited by goddy11 on Thu May 19, 2022 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 19, 2022 6:46 pm

Thanks Goddy for putting the team up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri May 20, 2022 2:01 pm

Hello Mickyj

Can you contact the moderator of SA Footy and tell him/her that the "login" button is not working. Thanks Whybother
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 20, 2022 2:32 pm

whybother wrote:Hello Mickyj

Can you contact the moderator of SA Footy and tell him/her that the "login" button is not working. Thanks Whybother

I’ll see what you can do
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri May 20, 2022 5:23 pm

Just turned on the reserves match. The picture quality looks good on SAnow. Hope its just as good later. I assume the lights are on by now.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 20, 2022 5:51 pm

goddy11 wrote:Just turned on the reserves match. The picture quality looks good on SAnow. Hope its just as good later. I assume the lights are on by now.

Will be watching the league game on it . Big Seb in the seconds I’ve seen that on the sanfl app
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Fri May 20, 2022 7:34 pm

How do you watch the game on SAnow
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles Vs Adelaide Woodville Oval 20 May (Friday Night) Empty Rubbish

Post by Gregod Fri May 20, 2022 7:58 pm

Sanfl app not working again. I complained to them last week and they said they were having trouble with Android phones but would be fixed this week end. The app is rubbish
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri May 20, 2022 8:35 pm

Gregod wrote:Sanfl app not working again. I complained to them last week and they said they were having trouble with Android phones but would be fixed this week end. The app is rubbish

Works fine on my laptop.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat May 21, 2022 8:14 am

Last night's result confirms what many of us suspected - the "3-peat" is beyond us.
For next year, in the Seconds, there are no big bodies coming through who are going to have an impact in 2023. We need to recruit at least another 2 "very" talls. As a throw-away, suggest we have a try for rookie listed Power (ex South Adelaide) Skinner if delisted. He was a teammate of Connor Ballenden ifor Brisbane.

hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat May 21, 2022 9:08 am

Last night showed what can happen when a fully equipped team of professionals came up against an undermanned team of part-timers. I counted from the budget a list of 20 AFL players. So much for giving community top-up players a chance to play at a higher level. Added to that, we had 5 of our "best" players coming off a 4 day break after the State game. We tried, but bigger bodied, faster, stronger and more skilled opponents were just too much.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat May 21, 2022 10:26 am

hawke wrote:Last night's result confirms what many of us suspected -  the "3-peat" is beyond us.
For next year, in the Seconds, there are no big bodies coming through who are going to have an impact in 2023. We need to recruit at least another 2 "very" talls. As a throw-away, suggest we have a try for rookie listed Power (ex South Adelaide) Skinner if delisted. He was a teammate of Connor Ballenden ifor Brisbane.

I thought Ballenden played well but ROB played out of his skin for Adelaide. Our forwards were totally out of the game apart from Menzel. We controlled the game in the 3rd 1/4 but that was about it.

Someone on Facebook got it correct. " We needed to find a way to win other than bombing it in high."
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat May 21, 2022 2:05 pm

hawke wrote:Last night's result confirms what many of us suspected -  the "3-peat" is beyond us.

Last night’s game meant nothing.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 22, 2022 8:00 am

Congrats to the U18's on their first win. Onwards and upwards.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next