eaglesman
Goddsy11
wimpy
whybother
Mickyj
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles v Adelaide June 10 Adelaide oval Empty Eagles v Adelaide June 10 Adelaide oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:09 am

League Adelaide oval 12.35 
Seconds Friday night 9 June 6.45 pm Woodville oval v centrals 
Under 18s Woodville oval 3.15 pm Sunday 
Under 16s Woodville oval 1.00 pm Sunday
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Adelaide June 10 Adelaide oval Empty Re: Eagles v Adelaide June 10 Adelaide oval

Post by whybother Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:13 pm

Seems like there are sling tackles and sling tackles, and who does them. Check out the SANFL MR Panel today. McBeen and Wright got reprimands and $125 fine, and Bruce got 2 week suspension. Wright must be really hurting in his hip pocket over that one.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Adelaide June 10 Adelaide oval Empty Re: Eagles v Adelaide June 10 Adelaide oval

Post by wimpy Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:58 pm

whybother wrote:Seems like there are sling tackles and sling tackles, and who does them. Check out the SANFL MR Panel today. McBeen and Wright got reprimands and $125 fine, and Bruce got 2 week suspension. Wright must be really hurting in his hip pocket over that one.

Didn't seem to be too much difference between Bruce's tackle and Wright's tackle, except he's a Crow.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:50 pm

I suggest that if the league is soooo concerned about sling tackles, then there should be a mandatory 1 week suspension, plus more if deemed realy dangerous.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:34 pm

This is getting big.

PLAYER NAME NATURE OF INJURY TIME EXPECTED TO RETURN
Joseph Sinor* Ankle TBC
Dane McFarlane Knee Season
Deakan Jackson Shoulder Season
Charlie Blair Knee Season
Jack Wheare Knee Season
Zac Phillips Knee Indefinite
Kai Pudney Ankle 8-10 Weeks
Sam Rowland Ankle 4-6 Weeks
Troy Menzel Knee 3-4 Weeks
David Brinker-Ritchie Knee 2-3 Weeks
Noah Angove Ankle 1-2 Weeks
Brayden Calvett Knee 1-2 Weeks
Jesse Lonergan Achilles 1-2 Weeks
Ryan Williams Hip Flexor 1-2 Weeks
Carter Norman Concussion TBC
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:03 pm

EAGLES
League
F: Williams, Pearce, Beattie
HF: D. Menzel, Cameron, Rowe
C: Toumpas, Collier-Dawkins, Goldsworthy
HB: Buck, Thompson, Beecken
B: Studham, Lehmann, Litster

R: Ballenden, Knight, D’Aloia
INT: Nicholls, Lukac, Comitogianni, Mawson
IN: Goldsworthy
OUT: Sinor (ankle)
Reserves
F: Watson, Menta, Siney
HF: Neumann, Cooke, Arthur
C: Firns, Adams, Hill
HB: Wollogorang, Delmenico, Hansen
B: Dawkins, Ueding, O’Reilly

R: Hunter-Price, Hoile, Tilley
INT: Welsh, Mair, Hudson, Andrews

Under-18
F: Davey, Niemann, Schwarz
HF: Capogreco, West, Edwards
C: K. Hansen, Dodd, Charles
HB: Burgoyne, Pearce, McKay
B: Sauer, Harris, Tilbrook

R: Luck, Hasting, Herbert
INT: Elliott Karpany, Godlevsky, Phillips, Walshaw, G. Hansen

Under-16
F: AhChee, Wilson, Kovacic
HF: Hartley Brown, Reschke, Russell-Swanson
C: F. Young, Leys, Harris
HB: Lawry, Mumford, White
B: McGorman, Scholes, Scheuffele

R: Rayner, Willmott, Peucker
INT: Farrugia, Holdsworth, Marshall-Bates, McNeil, Fiegert, Maddern, Mathie, Stubing, Turner
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:52 pm

Firns is certainly not on Sheedy's favourites list atm. I thought he would have come in for Sinor.

Good to see Welsh in the B Grade.

No Sladojevic?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:55 pm

Sladojevic apparently out with a knee injury unfortunately.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:37 am

eaglesman wrote:Sladojevic apparently out with a knee injury unfortunately.

Training injury I suppose. That injury list is getting long.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:15 pm

Just watching the seconds. Ive liked woologorang game so far. My god he has improved to what I remember last year.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:58 pm

Young Welsh has scored A point sorry misread the app
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:08 pm

Good 5 point win by the reserves over the top team. I didn't give them a chance before the game. Jack Firns kicked a winner with about 3 minutes to go. He played well.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:13 am

Good on Firns. Altho I dont think that I would always be confident of his kicking to get the winning goal.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:33 pm

Too many players who did not bother the statistician and turnovers aplenty. Amazed we were so close in the end
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:38 pm

Couldn't fault the Eagles endeavour and attitude today but unfortunately the Crows just a bit too polished, better spread patterns and just too tall when it counted.

The end margin was probably around the mark of what the game deserved. Even though the game was fairly close for three quarters it just felt that everything had to go right plus a bit of luck to get our goals whereas most times they brought it forward they were able to find clear targets.

Last week I wrote on this forum that Williams could be a decent small defender but doesn't have the footy smarts or skills to be an effective and consistent small forward. Makes me wonder if Sheedy reads this forum because it was great to see Williams switched into defence and he played a very good game. Perhaps his best game in 12 months.

I hadn't seen anything in Nicholls until this game that made me think he deserved his selection in the Team but he showed a lot today I thought. Definitely deserves time going forward to settle as our first choice small forward.

Beecken played another very good game with 27 possession and is in career best form.

Very disappointing games by Collier-Dawkins and Cameron though - two key players that needed stand up today if we were going to win. On the former, he's fast running out of time to make an impact this season.

I would have loved to see how David Brinker-Ritchie woudl have gone against Strachen in the centre bounces. Every year for the past 3 years whenever we play the Crows we get absolutely smashed by Strachen and Himmelberg. Lukac competed but just couldn't get his hand to the ball at the centre bounce and Strachen was feeding it down the throat of their onballers. This directly led to crows goals within 15 seconds of the start of the third and fourth quarters.

All up, disappointing to lose but thought we played well enough to take a lot from the loss. If we can get back 3-4 of our first choice injured players then next time we play the Crows I think we can beat them because they just about had a full-strength side.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:47 pm

Not a bad effort coming off a 5 day break, against a professional side with all the advantages. With today's effort I think we can finish 4th or 5th....if we can keep it up and have a bit of luck with no injuries.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:52 pm

Was always going to be a tough game today but as has already been mentioned the effort was definitely there.

The Good
- Luke Beecken - Another solid game.
- Luke Thompson - 14 marks and 22 Possessions, having a good year without the pressure of captaincy.
- Zane Williams - Found a bit of it today.
- Zac Buck - Little guy, big heart. Not afraid to throw the mullet into the contest.
- Rowey - 28 touches, 8 tackles.
- Effort was there all day.

Not so good
- Bit of a discrepancy in the Hit Outs and Clearances. (Strachan, Berry, Schoenberg and Crouch are tough competition)
- We didn't win.

Another good from the weekend was the 2's win last night. 4 first gamers up from the 18's to add to the 3 or 4 from previous weeks and overall a pretty young side. Up against the top side they never gave up and kicked the last 3 goals to get a 5 point win (which left Mr U Dogs quite unhappy - anyone at the game or watching on the pass would have picked up on that)

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:32 am

Couldn’t fault the endeavour. It did seem like the Eagles had to work harder to get further, the skill and speed of some of the Crows players making it easier to transition the ball. Crouch, Schoenberg and Berry, fed by Strachan, is a pretty good combination at SANFL level and those first few clearances in the last quarter were enough to give the Crows a break on the scoreboard.

1-1 against the two AFL reserves teams is not too bad. We were in a slightly better position at the halfway point last year, but it feels like we’re building. With percentage separating 4th-8th, next week vs Central at Elizabeth is real important!

PS. I believe if we beat Centrals, we will have an overall record against them of 44 wins apiece. Having levelled up with Port with the win last week, that would mean we’ve at least won as many as we’ve lost against every other team since the merger. A fine effort!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:49 am

I unfortunately don't have much time to see much of the reserves but keenly look at the results and stats. I see that Neumann once again had a strong game (stats wise) in the reserves on the weekend. For those who did see it, were these cheap possessions or were they genuinely won through hard work? Is he an onballer, or defender? Based on stats alone he surely must be the next in line to be given an opportunity in the league side should the opportunity arise.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:00 am

Aerie wrote:Couldn’t fault the endeavour. It did seem like the Eagles had to work harder to get further, the skill and speed of some of the Crows players making it easier to transition the ball. Crouch, Schoenberg and Berry, fed by Strachan, is a pretty good combination at SANFL level and those first few clearances in the last quarter were enough to give the Crows a break on the scoreboard.

Having a tall, AFL listed ruckman is a massive advantage. Our last quarters against Port and Crows have been very similar in that you had a situation where their rucks were feeding it down to their onballers at will giving them every opportunity to go forward from the centre bounce.

I think Lukac has been very good over the last 3-4 weeks and his improvement since the start of the season has been huge. But he is a bit too short to be our main ruckman particularly when up against some of the 200cm+ monsters in the competition. Hoping DBR can get back on deck as soon as possible and to give DBR and Lukac as many games as possible working together.

Further on Lukac - I think he has now met what should have been his initial short-term goal of 'getting involved' getting some possessions around the ground and getting physical. I think his next goal to round out the season should be to aim for 3-4 marks including one contested mark per match.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:30 am

Just on the reserves, the ridiculous programming has Eags vs Centrals Reserves playing again next week.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:16 pm

whybother wrote:Just on the reserves, the ridiculous programming has Eags vs Centrals Reserves playing again next week.

We play them again in Round 12 when we play Port again so 3 times in 4 rounds.
Then we have Sturt in consecutive weeks at Unley Round 14 and 15.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:37 pm

As so the AFL has ripple effects all the way down the chain
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:49 pm

whybother wrote:As so the AFL has ripple effects all the way down the chain

Probably a combo of that and trying to meet the requests of all the other clubs around games on certain days for things like our carnival day. This year we play Centrals x4 and Glenelg and Sturt x3. It’s a bit strange but better than having two teams have a bye each week.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:14 pm

Couldn't fault our endeavour, outclassed and outlasted in the end.
Crows played 18 AFL listed players, plus had Madgen and Wright, a very strong team.
Brinker-Ritchie, Sinor, Bruce, Hardie and Firns (now back in form) would have made a huge difference. We had to play with what was available. Sam Nichols has received the benefit of missing players and yesterday was his best game by far. We were killed in clearances around the ground and especially at centre bounces. The release of Williams to the back lines was a positive. I thought Thommo played his best game for quite a while although he has been very steady through out the season. RC-D, I just don't know where he plays, just hasn't given us anything. A win against Centrals is a must, just don't know if we will get anyone back, the only one I would think would be Bruce.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next