+4
wimpy
The Barton
Goddsy11
Mickyj
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Centrals V Eagles 30th April XCon oval  Empty Centrals V Eagles 30th April XCon oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:04 pm

Seconds 11.30
League 2.10

Ok I know it’s early but I’ll start this game tonight
I’m wondering if anyone is coming back from injury this week
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Centrals V Eagles 30th April XCon oval  Empty Re: Centrals V Eagles 30th April XCon oval

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:24 pm

LONG TERM INJURY PROGRESS
PLAYER NAME NATURE OF INJURY TIME EXPECTED OFF
Seb Guilhaus Ankle 4-6 weeks
Jarrad Redden Hip 2-3 weeks
Troy Menzel Knee 5-6 weeks
Kobe Mutch H&S Protocols 1 week
Luke Beecken Quad Available
Deakan Jackson Shoulder Available
Brock Thomson Hip 3 weeks
Aron Asfaha Knee Indefinite
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Centrals V Eagles 30th April XCon oval  Empty Re: Centrals V Eagles 30th April XCon oval

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:31 pm

goddy11 wrote:LONG TERM INJURY PROGRESS
PLAYER NAME NATURE OF INJURY TIME EXPECTED OFF
Seb Guilhaus Ankle 4-6 weeks
Jarrad Redden Hip 2-3 weeks
Troy Menzel Knee 5-6 weeks
Kobe Mutch H&S Protocols 1 week
Luke Beecken Quad Available
Deakan Jackson Shoulder Available
Brock Thomson Hip 3 weeks
Aron Asfaha Knee Indefinite

Beat me to it Goddy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:14 pm

Can't see Lonergan coming up this week, especially after such a short break.
They had to cut his Guernsey off him, hence the reason he returned with Seb's Guernsey. Beecken should be fit this week. Not sure if Mutch has the China Virus or is just a close contact. If just a contact the new rules that become effective on Saturday may allow him to play. Toumpas was all set to play in the Reserves again until Mutch was ruled out at 9.30am match day and Jimmy did very well I thought
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:06 pm

Thought he actually had COVID.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:13 pm

wimpy wrote:Thought he actually had COVID.
You may be right Wimpy, in that case, he's stuffed for this week as well.
Centrals have a very good Ruck Person this year, may need to bring Lukac back in to nullify????
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:17 am

The Barton wrote:
wimpy wrote:Thought he actually had COVID.
You may be right Wimpy, in that case, he's stuffed for this week as well.
Centrals have a very good Ruck Person this year, may need to bring Lukac back in to nullify????

I believe he is due to come out of ISO at 11.59 Saturday night.

Didn't see Lonergan at training, a few boys looked a bit sore. Don't think there will be any problem with Beecken.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:47 pm

Toumpas and Lonergan missing from league squad, but Kobe Mutch named.
Toumpas had his lower leg heavily bandaged at training Wednesday night, did very little, I don't know the problem.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:13 pm

EAGLES

League

F: William, D. Menzel, Hardie

HF: Goldsworthy, Firns, Cameron

C: Pudney, Clarke, Allmonf

HB: Sinor, Thompson, McFarlane

B: Litster, Lehmann, Duval

R: Ballenden, Rowland, Knight

INT: Comitogianni, Beecken, Buck, Pearce, Mead, Lukac, Bruce

IN: Beecken, Pearce, Mead, Lukac, Bruce

OUT: Lonergan (shoulder), Toumpas (calf)

NEW: Ryan Bruce (RSMU), Will Pearce (Paskeville)

Reserves
Neumann, Haylock, Hoile, Adams, Wheare, Studham, Jackson, Cooke, Dawkins, Michael, McLeod, Williams, O’Reilly, Watson, Hill, Nicholls, Ueding, Phillips, Wollogorang, Blair, Siney

Under-18
F: Arthur, West, Mair
HF: Angove, Niemann, Weckert
C: Hansen, B .Barkla, Davey
HB: Thomson, Pearce, Fairall
B: Knight, McKay, Hocking

R: Hunter-Price, Phillipou, D’Aloia
INT: Baker, Cook, Johnson, Reschke, Whelan, Stockman, Ziersch

Under-16
F: Peucker, McNeil, Schwarz
HF: Harris, Edwards, Sands
C: Angove, Dodd, Simpson
HB: Jamieson, Welsh, Pollard
B: Lucas, Delmenico, Hasting

R: Luck, Herbert, Berggren-Levitt
INT: Bigg, Burgoyne, Cook, Hughes, O’Brien, Walshaw
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:50 pm

wimpy wrote:Toumpas and Lonergan missing from league squad, but Kobe Mutch named.
Toumpas had his lower leg heavily bandaged at training Wednesday night, did very little, I don't know the problem.

Might be my eyes Wimpy but I cant see Mutch in the lineup Mickyj put up. Interesting they named 7 on the bench. Goldy has disappointed me of recent.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:57 pm

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:Toumpas and Lonergan missing from league squad, but Kobe Mutch named.

Might be my eyes Wimpy but I cant see Mutch in the lineup Mickyj put up. Interesting they named 7 on the bench. Goldy has disappointed me of recent.

I thought he was on the Eagles team announced by the club the one I put up was from the sanfl app.
Just checked both he’s not there
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:06 pm

I fear Central's Schiller boys may put us to the sword - without Mutch and Lonergan, our midfield looks very weak. Knight and Sinor will give us top games, Clark needs to rise above just a good team game to be a prolific ball winner with run and spread which is what he was reputed to be.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:29 pm

Your eyes weren’t deceiving you Wimpy. I was sure I saw Mutch named on a wing when the teams first came out around 6pm. When I had another look a bit later, abracadabra, Allmond was named on the wing.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:59 am

goddy11 wrote:

He was definitely included in the first email sent out, he was named on the wing, he has now been replaced by Allmond.
Was wondering why he was named when he won't be out of ISO as I mentioned in an earlier post.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:17 am

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

He was definitely included in the first email sent out, he was named on the wing, he has now been replaced by Allmond.
Was wondering why he was named when he won't be out of ISO as I mentioned in an earlier post.

I think you answered it in the post you mentioned. He is on Covid protocols until midnight on Saturday midnight. the club may have realised this late and corrected it asap. I only received the latest email. Will be a massive out.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:54 am

Absolute danger game for us on the back of a short break.
Hopefully it's akin to the Westies game where we grind out a win and win ugly as they say. With a good spread of youth in the team hopefully they recover a lot better than some of the older bodies (2 of which are out this week anyway). Be interesting to see if Will Pearce gets a start in the league team.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:02 am

I think that we are in a "grind it out" stage. We need our best players fit and playing, which isn't the case at the moment. We need to win enough games to be close to the 5, and then come home strongly later in the season.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:07 pm

The Barton wrote:

Your eyes weren’t deceiving you Wimpy. I was sure I saw Mutch named on a wing when the teams first came out around 6pm. When I had another look a bit later, abracadabra, Allmond was named on the wing.

Thanks "The Barton" I was just about to look through a list of doctors who might have been able to help me.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:10 pm

Has anyone got any intel on our new players named - Bruce and Pearce?

How old, what position do they play, have they been knocking the door down for promotion through playing well in the reserves?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:21 pm

Titan2 wrote:Has anyone got any intel on our new players named - Bruce and Pearce?

How old, what position do they play, have they been knocking the door down for promotion through playing well in the reserves?

Ryan Bruce is 21 will turn 22 in July. About 6.2 - 6.3, solidly built. He is from one of our close by country areas.
Played 3-4 years in the reserves in the backlines. He played well last season and has continued this year.
May not be quite tall enough for a KPD and not quick enough for a flank. A solid mark and gives 100&, seems to back himself in this year.

Will Pearce a premiership player in our U18's last year. From Paskeville, the nineteen years old is about 5'11" very strongly built, is explosive. Is a left foot kick and kicks the ball a mile and is very accurate, I would rate him as the best kick for goal at the club. He is more a lead and mark player than a ground ball player, can take a strong mark, good hands. I think he led the SANFL U18 competition in goal kicking last year. Is a forward pocket or flanker. Tends to kick his goals in bursts. Monday was the second time this season he has kicked three goals in the first quarter.
I hope he makes his debut on Saturday as we need more goal kickers.

wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:37 pm

Relief to get a "danger game" out of the way. Having said that, being in command at half-time, disappointing that we could not gain some real percentage, lagging behind the other finals competitors.
Good to have multiple goal-scorers with Will Pearce OK in his first match.
Noticed Jordan Lukac isn't progressing as quickly as the Club probably would like - in the Seconds, only 5 disposals and 2 marks, not encouraging form. Needs a bit more aggression and urgency in his game even though at 19 years and a lightweight tall, he's coming up against big bodies. Hope we don't need to call him up for the remainder of this season but give him 1-2 years and ............
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:59 pm

It was great to get a win . On the Pass they said Sinor was sick any word on him ?

Knight must’ve had the most touches on the day !
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:01 pm

From Zac Milbank

Ten minutes was all it took for Woodville-West Torrens to engineer a comfortable 50-point win against Central District at X Convenience Oval.

Without reliable midfielder Joseph Sinor, who was a late withdrawal with illness, the Eagles had opened up a 13-point lead at the first change when AAMI Rookie Will Pearce kicked his first League goal.

Exciting Eagles goalsneak Zane Williams, named in the West End State squad, then nailed a lovely goal on the run from a challenging angle to spark the visitors dominant run.

Jade Sheedy’s charges then kicked four in succession, with Williams’ second suddenly opening up a match-winning 45 point advantage just 12 minutes into the second term.

From there, the reigning premier was able to coast over the line, rebounding nicely after Monday’s heart-breaking one-point loss to Glenelg in the Anzac Day blockbuster.

Former Crow Riley Knight collected 31 disposals from eight clearances to be the most prolific midfielder on the ground for the Eagles while Kai Pudney (27 disposals) and Dane McFarlane (24 disposals) thrived on the open spaces at Elizabeth.

Eagles ruck Connor Ballenden made the most of the absence of Central’s Billy McCormack, who left the field in the first term with a suspected medial ligament injury to his knee.

Ballenden finished with 18 disposals, four marks, four clearances, 26 hit outs and two goals in an impressive all round display while Pearce capped off his encouraging first League game with 14 disposals and eight marks to go with his opening term goal.

Central’s Kyle Presbury continued his consistent start to the season with 32 disposals, 10 marks and six tackles while Ethan East and Travis Schiller registered 24 disposals each, the former also booting a goal in the second term to break the Eagles’ devastating momentum swing.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:17 pm

wimpy wrote:
Titan2 wrote:Has anyone got any intel on our new players named - Bruce and Pearce?

Ryan Bruce is 21 will turn 22 in July. About 6.2 - 6.3, solidly built. He is from one of our close by country areas.
Played 3-4 years in the reserves in the backlines. He played well last season and has continued this year.
May not be quite tall enough for a KPD and not quick enough for a flank. A solid mark and gives 100&, seems to back himself in this year.

Will Pearce a premiership player in our U18's last year. From Paskeville, the nineteen years old is about 5'11" very strongly built, is explosive. Is a left foot kick and kicks the ball a mile and is very accurate, I would rate him as the best kick for goal at the club. He is more a lead and mark player than a ground ball player, can take a strong mark, good hands. I think he led the SANFL U18 competition in goal kicking last year. Is a forward pocket or flanker. Tends to kick his goals in bursts. Monday was the second time this season he has kicked three goals in the first quarter.
I hope he makes his debut on Saturday as we need more goal kickers.

Your description of Pearce was exactly how he played today Wimpy!

A very impressive debut - he immediately looked comfortable at the level as if he'd already had been playing seniors for a few years already.

Well built, beautiful kicking style and probably should have had 3 goals to his name. Explosive on the lead but probably did his best work in the first half. Looks to have a bright future.

Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun May 01, 2022 8:58 am

Thought Pearce was OK, although he looked a little nervous and fluffed a couple of kicks. I thought a highlight was a couple of his strong contested chest marks. He leads well and didn't look out of place.
Lukas Cooke kicked five goals in the reserves and is showing promise but needs to strengthen his body.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next