hawke
wimpy
Mickyj
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eagles v NT 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles v NT 2022

Post by wimpy Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:53 am

Mitch Duval was 20, thought he did some really good stuff. Got killed through the middle with basically only one recognised mid-fielder. Sam Nicholls did some very clever stuff, have been watching him for a couple of years, he is just what we need up forward. Hope he makes it. I think Max Litster will be a player for us, took a couple of nice overhead marks, would be in my starting 18. D'Aloia (28) kicked a nice goal. Still two and a half months to go before the season starts.
McFarlane appeared to be missing, maybe the COVID pull out. Please correct if I'm wrong. Didn't see Charlie Adams (19), but only saw glimpses of the first half.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am

Can't help you re Charlie Adams. A little surprised that Neumann from U18s last season didn't make the squad - ?injured, ? close Covid contact ? job commitments.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:57 am

My opinion is that Will Neumann's style of game would not have been suited by the conditions, a hard in and under type. From what I could tell, runners were the type of player required, there'll be plenty of time for him to develop.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 pm

wimpy wrote:Mitch Duval was 20, thought he did some really good stuff. Got killed through the middle with basically only one recognised mid-fielder. Sam Nicholls did some very clever stuff, have been watching him for a couple of years, he is just what we need up forward. Hope he makes it. I think Max Litster will be a player for us, took a couple of nice overhead marks, would be in my starting 18. D'Aloia (28) kicked a nice goal. Still two and a half months to go before the season starts.
McFarlane appeared to be missing, maybe the COVID pull out. Please correct if I'm wrong. Didn't see Charlie Adams (19), but only saw glimpses of the first half.

McFarlane certainly didn't play.
To go up there in the middle of their season, in conditions they would play in regularly and with only about 6 or 7 players from the last 2 premiership teams and only go down by 3 goals isn't a bad effort.

Positives - Seb, Knight, Litster, Rowland, Buck & the quality of the streaming - multiple cameras were good.

Negatives - The commentary was pretty ordinary (No chicken Parmas, crapped his pants, Shannnnn)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:50 pm

The commentary was just plain unprofessional, disgraceful, don't think an Eagle's name was ever called. Little Zac Buck was excellent, rose to the occasion.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:57 pm

Columbo wrote:
wimpy wrote:Mitch Duval was 20, thought he did some really good stuff. Got killed through the middle with basically only one recognised mid-fielder. Sam Nicholls did some very clever stuff, have been watching him for a couple of years, he is just what we need up forward. Hope he makes it. I think Max Litster will be a player for us, took a couple of nice overhead marks, would be in my starting 18. D'Aloia (28) kicked a nice goal. Still two and a half months to go before the season starts.

To go up there in the middle of their season, in conditions they would play in regularly and with only about 6 or 7 players from the last 2 premiership teams and only go down by 3 goals isn't a bad effort.

Positives - Seb, Knight, Litster, Rowland, Buck & the quality of the streaming - multiple cameras were good.

Negatives - The commentary was pretty ordinary (No chicken Parmas, crapped his pants, Shannnnn)

Agree, not a bad effort for a first run, the conditions wouldn't help us. As per usual I muted the commentary. I can see what is going on without being told. That applies to every TV coverage for me. Well done to the club re the TV access. The umpiring left a lot to be desired in my book. A number of the juniors will be knocking on the door for a go in the League team and as Sheeds likes to promote guys to show what they have it will be interesting
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:48 pm

wimpy wrote:The commentary was just plain unprofessional, disgraceful, don't think an Eagle's name was ever called. Little Zac Buck was excellent, rose to the occasion.

It was a bit like 3 mates sitting in the bar watching a game and chatting about it.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:42 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Columbo wrote:

Agree, not a bad effort for a first run, the conditions wouldn't help us. As per usual I muted the commentary. I can see what is going on without being told. That applies to every TV coverage for me.  Well done to the club re the TV access. The umpiring left a lot to be desired in my book.  A number of the juniors will be knocking on the door for a go in the League team and as Sheeds likes to promote guys to show what they have it will be interesting

I was happy with the effort and some of the juniors. Would have liked to known a bit more about the team new player but the commentary team struggled. No big deal.
We lost fluency late in the game but our best team would have won by 10 goals easily. Sheeds gave the kids a more than useful run. Big Seb is a big unit. Will be handy. Comma was quiet. Looks like he has built his body up a bit.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:00 pm

Can confirm Dane McFarlane was the Covid case, probably exposed to it through his workplace where they are dropping like flies.
First time I've seen young Nicholls in action and he shows a bit, possible early stage replacement for Poole/Stengle. Same with Buck.
Seb showing that he is still more than useful and will be a very handy back up in Ruck. Trial game will do us good, puts us in front of other teams in pre season.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:24 pm

Columbo wrote:
wimpy wrote:The commentary was just plain unprofessional, disgraceful, don't think an Eagle's name was ever called. Little Zac Buck was excellent, rose to the occasion.

It was a bit like 3 mates sitting in the bar watching a game and chatting about it.

I believe there needs to be a re-education process with the media that we are known as the "Eagles" - not Woodville or West Torrens.
The Darwin commentary and newspaper report only referenced "Woodville" but to their defence they wouldn't know the history and practised word economy.

This was a key part of our merger negotiations and selling it to supporters.
Certainly been a trend over recent years where the Woodville name is becoming more widely used in reference to our great club.
And Torrens but to a lesser extent.
This isn't an anti Woodville or West Torrens stance; just call us what our name on the scoreboard and Club says - "The Eagles".
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2