Deorn
Goddsy11
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Semi final Eagles v North  - Page 3 Empty Re: Semi final Eagles v North

Post by Eagles35 Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:16 pm

Just to get off the subject they said they think everything is going to be ok with what happened with the under under 18's that made the news on our side of it is ok
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:06 am

I’m trying to be positive but another final another disappointment.
It didn’t help Mansell going off first term
North were switched on we were still in the car park and never bothered to look like we wanted to be there !
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:14 pm

Mickyj wrote:I’m trying to be positive but another final another disappointment.
It didn’t help Mansell going off first term
North were switched on we were still in the car park and never bothered to look like we wanted to be there !

Oh Boy How much more disappointment can we put up with. Hopefully it is not a choice between going out in straight sets or having to witness another grand final loss. Time for our fortunes to change please. We haven't got a great record when we are minor premiers, only gone on with it once in 1993 and our results in Prelim finals leave a lot to be desired as well. Hope South dont play as well as they did yesterday. Why do we have finals hoodoos and Adelaide Oval hoodoos. Time to amend it
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:28 pm

Winning the toss yesterday was going to be critical with the breeze favouring the northern end and the rain imminent, they won it and 7:43 in we were down by 18 points and had lost Rhyan Mansell.

From that point on we out scored them, by 2 points (9.7 - 8.11), and won our 2 quarters going with the breeze. (They did lose a player in that time also)
Within that 9.7 there was a run of 5 straight behinds in 5 mins in the 2nd Qtr followed by straight after by a goal to them.
We had our opportunities and didn’t take them, hopefully next week we do.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:13 am

Columbo wrote:Winning the toss yesterday was going to be critical with the breeze favouring the northern end and the rain imminent, they won it and 7:43 in we were down by 18 points and had lost Rhyan Mansell.

From that point on we out scored them, by 2 points (9.7 - 8.11), and won our 2 quarters going with the breeze. (They did lose a player in that time also)
Within that 9.7 there was a run of 5 straight behinds in 5 mins in the 2nd Qtr followed by straight after by a goal to them.
We had our opportunities and didn’t take them, hopefully next week we do.

Spot on. The premiership hasn’t been won, or lost, yet.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:24 am

I think I picked the wrong week to give up Amphetamines
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:30 am

Unfortunately during the second quarter, too many times the ball ended up in the hands of our players who are poor kicks for goal and they couldn't execute.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:38 am

I haven't heard anything said about the hit of Robbie Young on one of our players on the boundary line. Comma I think. I know Robbie was carted off late in the game but players like that need to be rubbed out.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:02 pm

goddy11 wrote:I haven't heard anything said about the hit of Robbie Young on one of our players on the boundary line. Comma I think. I know Robbie was carted off late in the game but players like that need to be rubbed out.

He also made slight contact with a trainer just after that incident, not sure if the 25m was for that or the hit on Comma. Was a similar incident over the boundary line in the game at Woodville where he landed on Goldy with a forearm in the chest after the ball had gone out of bounds, silly stuff from a bloke who clearly had enough talent to get drafted, if Comma had got a head knock from that he misses the GF.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:49 pm

Columbo wrote:
goddy11 wrote:I haven't heard anything said about the hit of Robbie Young on one of our players on the boundary line. Comma I think. I know Robbie was carted off late in the game but players like that need to be rubbed out.

He also made slight contact with a trainer just after that incident, not sure if the 25m was for that or the hit on Comma. Was a similar incident over the boundary line in the game at Woodville where he landed on Goldy with a forearm in the chest after the ball had gone out of bounds, silly stuff from a bloke who clearly had enough talent to get drafted, if Comma had got a head knock from that he misses the GF.

Did he get reported ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Answering my own question

North Adelaide forward Robbie Young has been offered a reprimand with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Woodville-West Torrens midfielder Jake Comitogianni in Sunday’s Second Semi Final at Adelaide Oval.

Robbie Young (North) – Rough Conduct

Conduct: Careless
Impact: Low

Base Sancton: 1 Match

Early Guilty Plea: Reprimand
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:55 pm

Columbo wrote:

I forgot the trainer as well. He was a loose cannon also when we played at Woodville.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Mickyj wrote:Answering my own question

North Adelaide forward Robbie Young has been offered a reprimand with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Woodville-West Torrens midfielder Jake Comitogianni in Sunday’s Second Semi Final at Adelaide Oval.

Surprise, no one ever gets anything going into GF.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:07 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Answering my own question

Surprise, no one ever gets anything going into GF.

Except Max Pontifex!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3