Round 9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday June 8 Elizabeth

2 posters

Go down

Round 9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday June 8 Elizabeth  Empty Round 9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday June 8 Elizabeth

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:29 am

Seconds 11.30
League 2.10

At this stage I guess we got to wait to see who’s injured and not playing .
I hope Seb stays in .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday June 8 Elizabeth  Empty Re: Round 9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday June 8 Elizabeth

Post by Mickyj Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:02 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens coach Sam Lonergan has recalled two senior midfielders to face Central on Saturday.

James Boyd and Chris Hall have been included in the 23-man squad after being elevated from the Reserves, while inexperienced pair Jake Comitogianni and Tom Schmusch have also been included.

Former Power defender Jimmy Toumpas has been sidelined by a hamstring strain suffered against South in Round 8 while James Rowe couldn’t recover from a shoulder injury stemming from the same match.

Forward Jake Johansen will play his 100th Statewide Super League match after making his debut in Round 1 of 2013.

League

F: Von Bertouch, N. Hayes, Moore

HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Johansen

C: Petrenko, Foote, Firns

HB: Sinor, Thompson, J. Gaffney

B: Goldsworthy, Giuffreda, C. Gaffney

R: J. Redden, Lonergan, Sharrad

INT: Hall, Comitogianni, Boyd, Guilhaus, Schmusch

IN: Boyd, Hall, Comitogianni, Schmusch

OUT: Toumpas (hamstring), Rowe (AC Joint)

Reserves
Weidemann, Haylock, Nason, Cook, West, E. Miller, X. Redden, Wehr, House, Brill, Lewis, Morgan, McPherson, Michael, Heinjus, Westbrook, Jungfer, Williams, Pedlar.

Under-18
F; Dawkins, R. Williams, Buck
HF: Scott, Pearce, Carter
C: Frederick, Beecken, Kenny
HB: Hayes, Jones, Lock
B: Gaze, McNeilly, Francis

R: Phillips, Hoile, Barnett
INT: Azzolini, Dorian, Kennedy, McCann, Nicholas
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday June 8 Elizabeth  Empty Re: Round 9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday June 8 Elizabeth

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:47 pm

Big loss young Rowey. Good to see Hall and Boyd. On the big ground pace is important. Nick Moore had a vey poor game last week. Interesting he is in side. Interesting who drops out, Centrals have named 2 rucks so Seb should stay in. We shall see. Must win.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:02 am

Another game I’ll miss getting over this illness .
I’ll be watching on the pass
Will be interesting to see who goes out .
But I hope Seb plays he showed how good he was last week.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 am

Was ok watching this game on the pass . Great to see us win three in a row . Seb is a must in the team .
Rowe was missed up forward .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:59 am

Eagles keep Bulldogs on the leash
Woodville-West Torrens kept its momentum rolling as it stretched its winning streak to three with a comfortable 29-point win against Central District at X Convenience Oval.

Coming into the contest with confidence-boosting victories against top-five teams Norwood and South Adelaide, the Eagles managed to keep the Bulldogs at arm’s length throughout the afternoon before powering away in the fourth term.

Spurred on by an eye-catching display in attack by hard-working forward Jack Hayes, the visitors booted four goals to the Dogs’ two in the final half-an-hour to seal the premiership points.

With talented Bulldog Troy Menzel closing the deficit to 16 points at the final change, the Eagles asserted themselves on the contest with the opening goal of the final quarter through the agency of a strong mark to Nick Moore.

As he has done so often this season, Central’s Justin Hoskin hit the scoreboard when he pounced on a loose ball from 15m out to trim the margin back to 17 points.

But three consecutive majors iced the game for the visitors, the third fittingly booted by Jake Johansen on the run from 50m as he celebrated his 100th Statewide Super match in fine style.

Eagles veterans Chris Hall and James Boyd, who were elevated from rare stints in the Reserves back into the League team, repaid the faith of coach Sam Lonergan offensively after chalking up 49 disposals between them.

Hall hit the scoreboard to boot the first goal of the game and a vital major when he found space to mark a Jack Hayes pass in the pocket during time-on of the final term.

Jared Petrenko also provided his trademark run and dash on the wide expanses at Elizabeth while also producing a crucial smother and turnover which resulted in a late goal for the Eagles.

Central’s Schiller brothers were again at the top of the leading disposal-winners while Hoskin had 21 touches to go with his two majors.

Menzel also did his best to keep his side in the contest by booting a team-high three majors at critical junctures.

EAGLES 4.3 8.7 11.10 15.13 (103)

CENTRAL 4.1 6.4 9.6 11.8 (74)

LEADING DISPOSALS – Eagles: Hall 25, Boyd 24, Johansen, Petrenko 22, Foote, Poole 21, J. Hayes 18, Goldsworthy, N. Hayes 17.

Central: Hoskin 21, McKenzie 20, Habel, Jenner 19, Jydon Neagle 16, D. Pisani 15.

GOALS – Eagles: J. Hayes 3, Hall, Johansen, Moore 2, Comitogianni, Foote, Guilhaus, N. Hayes, Sharrad, Thompson.

Central: Fort, Menzel 3, Hoskin 2, Marsh, Presbury, J. Schiller
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Absolutely wrapped in the result. Hard ground to play on. Been a while since we kicked 100 points. Boyd was good and constructive in first match back. Not sure on Hall.
Westies always give us a tough match so we need to back up this game.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:16 am

goddy11 wrote:Absolutely wrapped in the result. Hard ground to play on. Been a while since we kicked 100 points.  Boyd was good and constructive in first match back. Not sure on Hall.

I do like Boyd however watching on the pass he may have gone overboard with some of his attacks on the ball or players . I don’t have the stats he did give away a fair few frees .
Hall seemed to get the ball a lot .

We did miss Rowe
And I was thinking of you when Moore started showing signs .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Absolutely wrapped in the result. Hard ground to play on. Been a while since we kicked 100 points.  Boyd was good and constructive in first match back. Not sure on Hall.

I do like Boyd however watching on the pass he may have gone overboard with some of his attacks on the ball or players . I don’t have the stats he did give away a fair few frees .

We did miss Rowe

Moore's stats are good. 7 tackles 2.1 goals 13 disposals. Good on him.
The reserves lost. I noticed they had 4 players in the u20 that played Friday night. WTF missing a game to play a trial.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:59 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

We did miss Rowe

Moore's stats are good. 7 tackles 2.1  goals 13 disposals. Good on him.
The reserves lost. I noticed they had 4 players in the u20 that played Friday night. WTF missing a game to play a trial.

Yep heard that on the pass
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down