Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May

+2
MichaelScott
Gazz
6 posters

Go down

Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May Empty Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May

Post by Mickyj Mon May 13, 2019 2:49 pm

League 2.10pm
Seconds 11.30am
Under 18s 9.05 am

Well I’m hoping we put up an effort this week.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May Empty Re: Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May

Post by Gazz Mon May 13, 2019 4:01 pm

As i posted previously Mickyj the Legs have been our bogey side even when we've been in form. So I'm not overly confident. I still cannot see what our game plan is so let us go back to basic fierce, accountable footy and if we get stitched up so be it.
I would like to hear from the coach though
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May Empty Re: Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May

Post by Mickyj Mon May 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Gazz wrote:As i posted previously Mickyj the Legs have been our bogey side even when we've been in form. So I'm not overly confident. I still cannot see what our game plan is so let us go back to basic fierce, accountable footy and if we get stitched up so be it.
I would like to hear from the coach though

I agree something is not right this year and Norwood is our bogey side
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon May 13, 2019 9:22 pm

Injury update

Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May Injuri12
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 am

goddy11 wrote:Injury update

Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May Injuri12

This is going to be a horrible game so let’s play some kids
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Thu May 16, 2019 4:09 pm

If the back line lines up as named with VB playing forward Norwood will kick a cricket score
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 16, 2019 4:46 pm

MichaelScott wrote:If the back line lines up as named with VB playing forward Norwood will kick a cricket score

I’m waiting for the side to come up on the sanfl sight
I’ve seen the interchange bench one must go out .
If Moore and Seb both play surely VB must go down back
Doesn’t mean we will win
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 16, 2019 6:16 pm

EAGLES

The Eagles have added four players to their extended bench for the encounter against Norwood on Saturday.

Led by veteran Matthew Goldsworthy who have overcome a quad strain, the Eagles have also included ruckman Seb Guilhaus, midfielder Jack Firns and possible RAA Rookie Nick Moore (20, 184cm and 80kg).

Experienced wingman Chris Hall has been sidelined by a foot complaint while Ethan Haylock has been sent back to the Reserves.

League

F: Von Bertouch, N. Hayes, Rowe

HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Johansen

C: Petrenko, Foote, Sinor

HB: Toumpas, Thompson, J. Gaffney

B: Rowland, Giuffreda, C. Gaffney

R: J. Redden, Lonergan, Sharrad

INT: Goldsworthy, Comitogianni, Firns, Giulhaus, Moore

IN: Goldsworthy, Moore, Firns, Guilhaus,

OUT: Hall (foot), Haylock

Reserves
Boyd, Weidemann, Haylock, Nason, Cook, E. Miller, Schmusch, X. Redden, House, Brill, Bruce, Lewis, McPherson, Wehr, Michael, McLeod, Langcake, Westbrook, Mead, Armfield, Pedlar.

Under-18
F: Schofield, Phillips, Pearce
HF: Jackson, Coff, Francis
C: Frederick, Beecken, Williams
HB: Hoile, Jones, Lock
B: C. Smith, McNeilly, Buck

R: H. Smith, Schoenberg, McNeil
INT: Arriola, Barnett, Carter, Dawkins, Dorian, Kennedy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu May 16, 2019 6:53 pm

Good side on paper. Good to see Seb back. Boyd still in the 2's, Amazing
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu May 16, 2019 7:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:Good side on paper. Good to see Seb back. Boyd still in the 2's, Amazing

It does seem strange
But Moore is a goal scorer we need more goal kickers and a second ruck
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Norwood Maughan Theim Kia Oval Sat 18 May Empty -

Post by Rocky Fri May 17, 2019 6:21 pm

-

Last edited by Rocky on Fri May 17, 2019 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rocky
Rocky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri May 17, 2019 6:27 pm

Rocky wrote:Yeah ok a ship without a rudder. Question is who's got the balls to put their mark on this Club and say enough is enough? We let the the heart and soul of our football club walk away last year. It's time our Club take a good hard look at themselves. sighs.

Agree something needs to change
I hear the things said in the outer
And I’m one of the many tired of watching a team play like headless chooks
Whatever the new game plan or style is seems some of our players don’t get it or aren’t playing as a team but a team of individuals
I will probably get in trouble for this post
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat May 18, 2019 9:26 am

Why would you get in trouble for your opinion?

Lets hope our boys do well. What we need to do is play to our strengths. Our defence carried us through in past seasons. The Crows where playing poorly and fixed defence up and have improved results. he 666 system has worked against up with quick scores against us. A good coach should change and adapt. We will see.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat May 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Finally a win. I mentioned earlier we have a good side on paper. That kicking for goal was terrible.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 18, 2019 5:12 pm

I admit I was wrong this week
Watched the under 18s last quarter great game great win
Watched the entire seconds game great game great win
The league what can I say they believed in themselves they took risks and it payed off . Well done eagles well done
A big thank you to Norwood for not knowing the rules first goal to Redden due to a stuff up by them .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 18, 2019 5:14 pm

goddy11 wrote:Finally a win. I mentioned earlier we have a good side on paper. That kicking for goal was terrible.

I was wrong you were right
Loved the belief loved the first quarter
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat May 18, 2019 8:03 pm

Eagles find their Legs
Woodville-West Torrens kept its flagging season alive with a gutsy 11-point win against competition pacesetter Norwood at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval.

Snapping a five-game losing streak, the Eagles were staring at a 1-6 win-loss record had they lost their sixth in succession to the Redlegs.

Instead, they produced when it mattered most as little more than a goal came between the two foes all afternoon.

Redleg Cole Gerloff tied up the scores with his second goal of the game nine minutes into the fourth quarter.

But from there, the hosts managed the next seven scoring shots in succession to wrestle back the momentum and earn the valuable premiership points.

Fresh from playing a role in the West End State team’s win against the WAFL, Jared Petrenko gave the Eagles an eight-point lead when he slotted his 50m set shot from a 45C angle.

By the time another Eagle fan favourite who has returned to Oval Avenue, Jimmy Toumpas, converted his chest mark from 35m, Sam Lonergan’s charges opened up a 15-point buffer entering time-on.

Norwood ruckman Sam Baulderstone let fly with a 60m bomb but with the final siren sounding while it was in transit, the Eagles had safely secured its second victory of the season.

Former Swan Jordan Foote continued his red hot start to the season for the Eagles with 28 disposals, nine clearances and two goals while Toumpas finished with 26 possessions and his crucial sealer in the fourth.

Ruckman Jarrad Redden was outstanding throughout the afternoon, tallying 21 disposals, 10 clearances, 19 hit outs and a goal.

Veteran Matt Goldsworthy was also an important presence as he collected 20 disposals in his return from a quad strain.

Norwood had its dual Magarey Medallist Mitch Grigg top its stats sheet with 32 touches but there were several senior players unable to produce their best in assistance.

AFL Draft prospects Dylan Stephens and Cam Taheny again showed signs of their talent, with the latter booting 3.3 from his 13 disposals and seven marks.

EAGLES 4.3 5.6 7.13 10.21 (81)

NORWOOD 3.2 7.7 8.9 10.10 (70)

LEADING DISPOSALS – Eagles: Foote 28, Toumpas 26, Lonergan 22, J. Redden 21, Goldsworthy 20, Johansen 19, Firns, Sharrad 18, Petrenko 16.

Norwood: Grigg 32, Barry, Hamilton, L. Johnston 23, Talia 20, Forster 18, Z. Richards, Stephens 17.

GOALS – Eagles: Foote, Petrenko, Von Bertouch 2, J. Hayes, Moore, J. Redden, Toumpas.

Norwood: Taheny 3, Bampton, Gerloff 2, Baulderstone, Dawe, Smart.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun May 19, 2019 10:00 am

3 goals 8 points in the last 1/4 could have been costly but great result. The defence played good Eagles footy. No stupid handballs to someone under pressure. Rowey may not have kicked a goal but played deeper and was part of some good lead up work. Sharrad played well. Don't know why big Seb is not in, Maybe balance. Redden was great. Boyd looked like he dominated in the B's. Not sure who's place he can take, maybe Gus,
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun May 19, 2019 11:00 am

goddy11 wrote:3 goals 8 points in the last 1/4 could have been costly but great result. The defence played good Eagles footy. No stupid handballs to someone under pressure. Rowey may not have kicked a goal but played deeper and was part of some good lead up work. Sharrad played well. Don't know why big Seb is not in, Maybe balance. Redden was great. Boyd looked like he dominated in the B's. Not sure who's place he can take, maybe Gus,

Let’s give Thompson a special mention his best game so far this year .
Pup was outstanding
As was Foote and Lonergan
Moore will grow and Rowe puts in he had his head almost ripped off in front of the ump play on

We did get two injuries in the seconds but all grades won
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue May 21, 2019 10:34 am

Looked like a Godden coached team. Not pretty but effective.

CLUB'S BEST.

1) Redden
2) Foote
3) Petrenko
4) Goldsworthy
5) Firns
6) Lonergan
7) C. Gaffney
Cool Sharrad
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 21, 2019 2:36 pm

wimpy wrote:Looked like a Godden coached team. Not pretty but effective.

CLUB'S BEST.

1) Redden
2) Foote
3) Petrenko
4) Goldsworthy
5) Firns
6) Lonergan
7) C. Gaffney
Cool Sharrad

I’ve noticed some differences only slight . And I’ve picked them up listening to the seconds warming up and the ruck practices . The ruck practice seems to be duplicated when the league warms up .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue May 21, 2019 8:57 pm

CLUB'S BEST.

1) Redden
2) Foote
3) Petrenko
4) Goldsworthy
5) Firns
6) Lonergan
7) C. Gaffney
Cool Sharrad
I thought the same Wimpy. That is just going back to basics and grinding out a win.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed May 22, 2019 6:31 am

goddy11 wrote:

CLUB'S BEST.

1) Redden
2) Foote
3) Petrenko
4) Goldsworthy
5) Firns
6) Lonergan
7) C. Gaffney
Cool Sharrad
I thought the same Wimpy. That is just going back to basics and grinding out a win.

I guess we could say the KISS principal worked well
Now while at my volunteering job yesterday I saw Moore was nominated for something by the sanfl .
And Pup was nominated for goal of the week .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down