Eagles v Port April 27 Saturday Maughan Thiem Kia ovsll

4 posters

Go down

Eagles v Port April 27 Saturday Maughan Thiem Kia ovsll Empty Eagles v Port April 27 Saturday Maughan Thiem Kia ovsll

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:45 pm

League 2.10
Seconds 11.20 v Bulldogs

I hope the eagles have woken up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Port April 27 Saturday Maughan Thiem Kia ovsll Empty Re: Eagles v Port April 27 Saturday Maughan Thiem Kia ovsll

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:17 pm

Another match where we might get players back. Will we play Guilhaus and Redden?
Hope o. Nick Hayes could be back ib. Massive plus. I liked Smush (sp) in the first match. Like to see him have a go. Lewey out, big loss.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Port April 27 Saturday Maughan Thiem Kia ovsll Empty Re: Eagles v Port April 27 Saturday Maughan Thiem Kia ovsll

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens will be without two premiership players for the must-win clash with Port on Saturday.

Veteran pair Scott Lewis (hamstring) and Matthew Goldsworthy (quad) were deemed unfit to face the Magpies.

Four players have been included in the 23-man squad with first-year coach Sam Lonergan yet to make any unforced changes despite losing three matches in succession.

Ruck pair Jarrad Redden and Jordan West have been named on the extended interchange bench while fellow inclusions Joe Heinjus (full back) and Nick Hayes (half-forward) are in the starting 18.

Jack Gaffney will play his 50th Statewide Super League match since making his debut in Round 3 2016.

League

F: Rowe, Lonergan, Sharrad

HF: N. Hayes, J. Hayes, Haylock

C: Johansen, Foote, Hall

HB: Toumpas, Thompson, J. Gaffney

B: Rowland, Heinjus, Giuffreda

R: Von Bertouch, Firns, Petrenko

INT: J. Redden, West, Sinor, Boyd, Weidemann

IN: Weidemann, Heinjus, N. Hayes, J. Redden

OUT: Lewis (hamstring), Goldsworthy (quad)

Reserves
Comitogianni, Nason, Lee, C. Gaffney, Cook, E. Miller, Schmusch, X. Redden, Wehr, House, Brill, Bruce, J. Miller, Morgan, Guilhaus, Davis, Michael, Moore, McLeod, Langcake, Armfield.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 pm

5 on the bench including big West. Suggests 2 with injuries? Hope its not Redden. Seb should be in there instead of West.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 pm

goddy11 wrote:5 on the bench including big West. Suggests 2 with injuries? Hope its not Redden.  Seb should be in there instead of West.

I agree with you on Seb
I’m worried with VB as no one ruck
But I bet the team doesn’t line up as picked
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:32 am

Is there any comments on this game
Will the eagles come back ?
And I can’t say what I heard from a west person what our coach did but hopefully that will work this week
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:30 am

As per the Sports TG site looks Poole is in and dropping out are Firns West and Weidemann
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:25 pm

MichaelScott wrote:As per the Sports TG site looks Poole is in and dropping out are Firns West and Weidemann
No idea about Poole except he’s kicking the ball at half time
Out
Firns
West
And The Weed

Next time I’ll check the title better
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:22 pm

Ok after another dismal game . How the heck do the eagles improve besides hearing we don’t have enough tall forwards and don’t have a decent second ruck . What do the eagles do . Besides Seb who else comes in . And sitting on the wing it’s easy to see some issues Foote going to pick up Gaffneys man but no one backs up Foote . His man gets the ball and goal .
Who can come in we need some one to come up
Rowe and Poole kicking our goals can’t go on every week .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:37 pm

We have lost to almost full strength Crow and PA sides topped up better than usual top up players. The Sturt match was winnable. We were totally lost for class against West and we played the wrong ruck option. Too much slow movement and over handballing.
The stats tell it all. We were killed in disposals. Marks were almost 2 to 1 PA way. and our kicking accuracy was 45%

I stayed home and watched the match on digital. Glad I did.

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:50 pm

goddy11 wrote:We have lost to almost full strength Crow and PA sides topped up better than usual top up players. The Sturt match was winnable. We were totally lost for class against West and we played the wrong ruck option. Too much slow movement and over handballing.
The stats tell it all. We were killed in disposals. Marks were almost 2 to 1 PA way. and our kicking accuracy was 45%

I stayed home and watched the match on digital. Glad I did.

Kicking accuracy was shocking
We looked lost for a great deal of that game
Either we don’t get the game plan or something like some players are stuck in the Godden era.
One Hayes was kicking points the other couldn’t get into the game
Raises a question did some players come straight back in why didn’t they come back through the seconds .
Another major issue we win the ruck taps in the centre I’m sitting in line . But it goes yesterday to port players and redden had to lay tackles what’s up with the midfield.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Micky, I'm a Godden fan. He got some ordinary sides into potential GF. Never missed final under his tenure. Our side has not changed much from last year if anything stronger in recruiting. Just not playing well.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:47 pm

goddy11 wrote:Micky, I'm a Godden fan. He got some ordinary sides into potential GF. Never missed final under his tenure. Our side has not changed much from last year if anything stronger in recruiting. Just not playing well.

I used to talk to Gods I had no issues with him , but like Fuller he’d gone as far as he could .
At the ground it seems the guys are in two minds
Something is not working
Saturday’s game against Port showed we have issues in the forward line
Rowe and Poole are great but we need some one to kick the ball to . Four of the teams we’ve faced have shut us down .
It may not improve this year hopefully it does .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:03 pm

Now out of respect I won’t repeat what’s been told to me the last two weeks, at Richmond and Woodville ovals .
But no one at the ground had any information on Ben Davis in the seconds . I just checked the Eagles web page he’s 29 where did he come from because he looked good . Nason was showing promise .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Mickyj wrote:Now out of respect I won’t repeat what’s been told to me the last two weeks, at Richmond and Woodville ovals .
But no one at the ground had any information on Ben Davis in the seconds .  I just checked the Eagles web page he’s 29 where did he come from because he looked good . Nason was showing promise .
I ask about him a few weeks back. Was a Crows SANFL top up player. They have another Ben Davis as well. Our player profiles are poor on the website. Have gone backwards.

The Crows have some impressive tall players as top up. We should be looking at them asap. A couple would bolt into our side.

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:14 am

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Now out of respect I won’t repeat what’s been told to me the last two weeks, at Richmond and Woodville ovals .
But no one at the ground had any information on Ben Davis in the seconds .  I just checked the Eagles web page he’s 29 where did he come from because he looked good . Nason was showing promise .
I ask about him a few weeks back. Was a Crows SANFL top up player. They have another Ben Davis as well. Our player profiles are poor on the website. Have gone backwards.

The Crows have some impressive tall players as top up. We should be looking at them asap. A couple would bolt into our side.

Ahh thanks Goddy he showed a bit of grunt
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:55 pm

This says something to me - the first 7 goals were all scored within a 30 degree arc from the centre of the goals. 8 out of the first 9 behinds were from beyond that 30 degree arc. The other behind was rushed.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:06 pm

spell_check wrote:This says something to me - the first 7 goals were all scored within a 30 degree arc from the centre of the goals.  8 out of the first 9 behinds were from beyond that 30 degree arc.  The other behind was rushed.

And Hayes kicks on goal were all from a strange distance on an angle in the pockets
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down