Titan2
Aerie
wimpy
Goddsy11
Mickyj
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles v Port July 9 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval  Empty Eagles v Port July 9 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:20 am

Seconds Sturt V Eagles Wigan oval 11.20 Sunday July 10
Under 18s Eagles v Sturt Maughan Thiem oval july 9 11.30
League 2.10
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Port July 9 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval  Empty Re: Eagles v Port July 9 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:24 pm

PLAYER NAME NATURE OF INJURY TIME EXPECTED OFF
Dane McFarlane Hamstring TBC
Mitchell Mead Hamstring TBC
Deakan Jackson Shoulder 2-4 weeks
Connor Ballenden Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Clay Cameron Quad 4-5 weeks
Jimmy Toumpas Calf 1-2 weeks
Tyran Hill Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Port July 9 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval  Empty Re: Eagles v Port July 9 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:26 am

I wonder what Eagles side will roll up. One of the most important games this season after loosing our place in the top 5. C7 were saying the big PA ruckman will be back so Ballenden returning is important as Redden has not done much around the ground.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:48 pm

Good to see Cam E-Yolmen at training. Looked to be excited at being back at the Eagles.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:04 pm

wimpy wrote:Good to see Cam E-Yolmen at training. Looked to be excited at being back at the Eagles.

Just saw it on C7 news. We could not have recruited a better player and more timely than the Yol-man.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:14 pm

Very good get. Can be used in a variety of positions. Ideally on ball I’d imagine. Good to see the Eagles continue to be proactive off the field. Hopefully CEY can provide the spark in the push for finals.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:20 pm

Aerie wrote:Very good get. Can be used in a variety of positions. Ideally on ball I’d imagine. Good to see the Eagles continue to be proactive off the field. Hopefully CEY can provide the spark in the push for finals.

I seem to recall he had a very good season with us one year playing mostly as a CHB.

Of course he will be an excellent midfielder for us but I do feel like that is not where we are being let down at present.

He's a fraction shorter than Jack Hayes but I'd like to see him being used in a similar kind of roaming role.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:26 pm

wimpy wrote:Good to see Cam E-Yolmen at training. Looked to be excited at being back at the Eagles.

Do we know his fitness level?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Titan2 wrote:
Aerie wrote:Very good get. Can be used in a variety of positions. Ideally on ball I’d imagine. Good to see the Eagles continue to be proactive off the field. Hopefully CEY can provide the spark in the push for finals.

I seem to recall he had a very good season with us one year playing mostly as a CHB.

Of course he will be an excellent midfielder for us but I do feel like that is not where we are being let down at present.

He's a fraction shorter than Jack Hayes but I'd like to see him being used in a similar kind of roaming role.

Yes, I reckon he was in and out of reserves for a couple of years. The switch to CHB clicked him in to gear and from there he progressed pretty quickly through. I always thought the Crows should’ve tried him as a defender at certain stages, remembering how good he was for us at CHB.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:09 pm

goddy11 wrote:

Do we know his fitness level?

He’s been playing well for Labrador in the QAFL and would’ve done an AFL pre-season until he was cut due to not vaccinating in January. I’d imagine he’d be pretty fit and might see this as an opportunity to get back on an AFL list at years end?
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:47 pm

On paper the eagles side looks pretty strong.

We have named our usual extended bench of 6 players so I'm assuming there is some injury or illness concerns.

Assuming everyone is fine I'd actually play each one of these 6 (which includes Guilhaus, McLeod and Ellis Yolman) and instead drop Hardie and Comma back to the reserves.

I'd then move Goldy to the HFF (replacing Hardie) and take Allmond off the bench onto the wing replacing Goldy. I'd also have Pearce replace Comma. While he may not be as physical as Comma yet he knows how to kick a goal and has shown promise in small bursts. I'd like to keep persisting with him.

Very pleased to have Beecken named on the wing. I'd be playing him there for the rest of the season and just telling him to take the game on and run. He's got all the attributes to be a very good winger but the question is whether he can get the ball enough times and lift his possessions from his average 10-15 per game and turn this into 20-25 that is required of a winger.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:19 pm

Woodville-West Torrens v Port Adelaide | Maughan Thiem Kia Oval | 2:10pm | SANFL Now

EAGLES

F: T. Menzel, D. Menzel, Comitogianni

HF: Hardie, Firns, Lonergan

C: Goldsworthy, Knight, Beecken

HB: Buck, Lehmann, Rowland

B: Litster, Thompson, Duval

R: Redden, Clarke, Sinor

INT: Allmond, Mutch, Ellis-Yolmen, Pearce, McLeod, Guilhaus

IN: Guilhaus, Pearce, McLeod, Ellis-Yolmen

OUT: Pudney, Hoile

NEW: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen (Labrador/Brisbane Lions)

Reserves
Neumann, Hoile, Phillipou, Adams, Lukac, Wheare, D’Aloia, Studham, Bruce, Cooke, Calvett, Pudney, Dawkins, Michael, Thomson, O’Reilly, Watson, Nicholls, Ueding, Phillips, Wollogorang, Blair

Under-18
F: Arthur, O’Dea, Day
HF: Toole, Menta, Weckert
C: Angove, Barkla, Hansen
HB: Battle, McKay, Bertelsmeier
B: Stockman, Pearce, Williamson

R: Hunter-Price, Tilbrook, Mair
INT: Baker, Carter, Dohnt, Ellis, Haley, McNeil, Niemann

Under-16
F: Bertelsmeier, McNeil, Schwarz
HF: Walshaw, Edwards, Burgoyne
C: Sands, Jamieson, Piggott
HB: Devlin, Phillips, Sauer
B: Willmott, Delmenico, Bigg

R: Hughes, Lucas, Sumner
INT: Cook, Hodges, Jones, Manuel, O’Brien, Pinfield, Tregilgas
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:27 pm

McLeod has to play. He's earnt it.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:35 pm

goddy11 wrote:McLeod has to play. He's earnt it.

I agree
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:40 pm

For sure, just for sheer persistence and consistency. Who else? Seb to give Redden a spell , Allmond cos we are waiting for his breakout game? I would deinitely throw Curley straight in and maybe Mutch needs a bit of a jolt. ( not on his own there)
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:23 pm

Eagles v Port July 9 Maughan Thiem Kia Oval  Screen15
Son of a gun out to make his own mark in league
footy

CONNOR McLeod — the son of dual Crows Norm Smith Medallist Andrew McLeod — will make
his SANFL league debut for Woodville-West Torrens on Saturday.
In one of the state league’s feel-good stories, the 22-yearold will debut against the club where
his dad started his SANFL career, Port Adelaide, before becoming a Crows legend and winning
two Norm Smith Medals.
“It’s a massive story for our football club, for Connor and the McLeod family,’’ said Eagles chief
executive Luke Powell, whose club is chasing a premiership three-peat.
“It’s also a great reward for Connor and the persistence he has shown to finally get a crack at
league football.
“It is something he can be very proud of, the fact that he stuck to his guns and was able to force
his way into the team by playing really good football.
“He deserves his chance and we’re really confident that he will take it with both hands.’’
Connor — overlooked by the Crows as a father-son selection in his draft year — has spent four
seasons in the Eagles reserves after coming through the club’s junior ranks.
He has taken his game to the next level this season, reeling off 25, 30, 23, 28 and 27 disposals in
the reserves in the past five weeks.
“Connor’s been close to a league game for quite a while but it got to the point where he was
knocking the door down,’’ Powell said.
Dad Andrew is a Crows great, having played a club-record 340 games and kicked 275 goals from
1995-2010 and starring in the 1997-98 premiership wins. Connor, who played in the Eagles’
2020 reserves premiership, has been playing at halfback and on the wing for the Eagles.
“He runs like Andrew a little bit and his kicking skills are very good,’’ Powell said.
Former Crow and Lion Cam Ellis-Yolmen will join Connor in the Eagles league team on Saturday
after returning to the competition from Queensland after the SANFL removed its Covid-19
vaccination rules
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:01 pm

Connor has been excellent this year and absolutely deserves his opportunity.
According to his Instagram, big Sebatron will be in the ones also.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:07 am

Columbo wrote:Connor has been excellent this year and absolutely deserves his opportunity.

Interesting then who is out. Pearce ? Redden? CEY?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:31 am

Need to have a go at the club and SANFL . Why are we playing 3 games at Woodville oval today. Watching the U18, the oval will be chopped up by the start of the main game. Player are slipping over in the U16. The center will be a mess.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:52 am

goddy11 wrote:
Columbo wrote:Connor has been excellent this year and absolutely deserves his opportunity.

Interesting then who is out. Pearce ? Redden? CEY?

I thought I’d check the seconds and they are playing Sunday so no help there .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:38 pm

Seems like Connor is playing. Everyone is congratulating him in the centre at u18 half time. Well done Connor
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:58 pm

Gregod wrote:Seems like Connor is playing.  Everyone is congratulating him in the centre at u18 half time. Well done Connor

It’s come up on Facebook congratulations Connor
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:59 pm

Under 16s won by 11 points
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:58 pm

Why are Port allowed to stand on the sidelines when a game is being played and as soon as the siren ends the game they run onto the oval before the players have shaken hands. Is this because they are arrogant
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:54 pm

Great win hopefully Troy Menzel is ok
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next