luke Jarrad to retire

3 posters

Go down

luke Jarrad to retire Empty luke Jarrad to retire

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:02 pm

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club can announce that Luke Jarrad will retire at season’s end.

In a stellar career spanning 11 years from 2006 to 2016, Luke’s ability to influence games with exceptional skill, elite endurance and poise on field has seen him regarded and will be remembered as one of the elite players of the SANFL competition for the past decade.

Recruited from Williamstown Luke has amassed 228 games to date and has consistently excelled in Finals and State football.

His list of achievements is testament to his standing in the game. They include;

228 SANFL Games
2 Premierships (2006, 2011)
4 time State Representative & Vice Captain (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Runner Up Club Champion (2007, 2012, 2015)
On his decision to retire Luke said “When we moved to Adelaide in 2006 the original plan was to only be here for two years, 11 years on it has been one of the best decision of my life. I feel honoured to have played at the Eagles for as long as I have, it has been my home for past 11 years and I feel very fortunate to have been a part of the Clubs achievements over this time. We have meet some amazing people along the way, and made some lifelong friends. It was a hard decision, but with our two little boys growing up I believe the time is right for my family to head back to Victoria at the end of the year to be closer to our extended family.”

“We have put ourselves in a great position to attack this year’s finals series and I am really excited about what our playing group is capable of in the next couple of months.

I’d like to thank the Club, past and present team mates, our Members and Supporters for the enormous amount of support they have given me. I would also like to thank my family for all their support and the sacrifices they have made over my career.”

Coach Michael Godden said, “Luke has been an outstanding contributor to the Eagles over a long time and will continue to be so for the remainder of the 2016 season. Luke’s ability to always prepare himself has not only benefited himself but has educated many players on how you should commit and prepare for football. Luke has achieved a lot in is time and should be very proud of himself so I thank Luke for all he has done for the Eagles and look forward to an exciting period ahead where we all strive to finish his career off on a high”

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club wishes Luke, Bridget and their two sons Harrison and Mitchell all the success and happiness that the future holds, as a club we endeavour to finish the year a success and write just one more chapter to an incredible career.”

Jarrad will play in his 229th game this week against Central District at My Money House Oval, Elizabeth.

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

luke Jarrad to retire Empty Re: luke Jarrad to retire

Post by Hareeba Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Good timing on Luke's behalf, he has lost a little of the confidence that carried him well throughout his career. It will open up a spot or two next season but lets get over this one first.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter69 Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:47 pm

I'm glad Luke got to announce his retirement on his own terms. Let's hope the boys give him the best send off possible and we all know what that is;)
Peter69
Peter69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down