Eagles V Centrals Thursday night trial

5 posters

Go down

Eagles V Centrals Thursday night trial Empty Eagles V Centrals Thursday night trial

Post by Mickyj Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:24 pm

Any more info . Is it still on .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles V Centrals Thursday night trial Empty Re: Eagles V Centrals Thursday night trial

Post by Premiers Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:58 pm

from the Centrals site:

seconds start at 5.15pm vs Eagles (for Premiership points)
league at 8.00pm

Hope Thurlow and Wundke get a run to avoid being underdone for the start of the season.
We need another small quick in our forward line, if Poole, Petrenko, Goldsworthy and McGregor are going to share the second midfielders role (Lewis, Rowntree and Boyd being first). I reckon that player could be M Raymond (not to be confused with P Raymond). He's looked good in both B grade trials and ready to step up.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Eagles V Centrals Thursday night trial Empty Re: Eagles V Centrals Thursday night trial

Post by Mara32 Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:33 am

Did anyone go to the game last night that can give a brief rundown, more importantly any injuries?
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:31 pm

Mara32 wrote:Did anyone go to the game last night that can give a brief rundown, more importantly any injuries?

I went but left part way through the last quarter missed the fight back !! Took me an hour to get there last night if it was for points i would have stayed
Centrals werent that good both teams made fundamental errors which hurt each side.
Wundke needed the run and thats an understatement . Boyd at times was left alone by centrals like a stray dog he should pace
But i ask how serious "gods" took this one after halftime some seconds players were on . One I saw was the younger Raymond .
No PUP no Thurlow no Almond in either side
Good news seconds won their second game for points

Now when this flooding attack style works it looks good when it dont looks shocking
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Thanks Mick... Throw Chris Hall in that mix too who I believe played Reserves.

All good... Bring on the real stuff.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:41 pm

I hope that Thurlow is not a Kirk type of recruit watching from the stands for the whole season
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Mara32 wrote:Thanks Mick... Throw Chris Hall in that mix too who I believe played Reserves.

yes he did wasnt a stand out .

Gotta say the lights at elizbeth are shocking as well so seeing players wasnt always easy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Reddeer wrote:I hope that Thurlow is not a Kirk type of recruit watching from the stands for the whole season
Was told at the parade he will be right round 1
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:23 pm

If Thurlow has overcome his injury (and what is it?), his match fitness will be lacking for 3-4 weeks.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Premiers wrote:If Thurlow has overcome his injury (and what is it?), his match fitness will be lacking for 3-4 weeks.
my thoughts exactly
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:40 pm

Injury listed as Quad... As long as we have him up and running in some form by mid-year he can only help improve in the ruck department. Still pretty raw from what I've seen of him so wouldn't be expecting miracles from him this year.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Thurlow played State footy for Queensland against SA best ruckmen and impressed Godden and Essendon scouts so you would think that he is better than "pretty raw" and yes, expect a minor miracle!!!!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:57 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Mara32 wrote:Thanks Mick... Throw Chris Hall in that mix too who I believe played Reserves.

yes he did wasnt a stand out .

Gotta say the lights at elizbeth are shocking as well so seeing players wasnt always easy

Didnt go last night but found it very hard to see out there last time we played at night, where the lights were was ok, just wasnt enough of them particularly on outer side.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down