Columbo
spell_check
Reddeer
Dobber
Mickyj
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

player retirements and rumoured movements - Page 3 Empty Re: player retirements and rumoured movements

Post by Dobber Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:50 pm

As Bruggeman is not a local and has not come through our system, under our system he is now eligible for a huge sign-on and annual base payment as per Ainger, Wundke and Boyd. Stuff recognizing the home grown product - let's throw the farm that the characters that are soooo good for our culture.
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

player retirements and rumoured movements - Page 3 Empty Re: player retirements and rumoured movements

Post by Hareeba Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:13 am

Not sure we have a really good ruckman coming through the ranks so I feel we should pursue him - we have generally had terrific ruckman which has been a big part of our relative success.
Agree the local boys need better opportunity but they have to stand up as well when they get the chance - last season we chopped and changed some of them too often in my opinion.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:33 am

Colville, McKenzie, Jarrad, Passador, Lindsay, Dabrowski, Powell, Parry, Lewis, Raymond (just to name a few)... did they come through our system? Or were they recruited from interstate or another SANFL club?

Not sure what the difference is.

I bet not too many were questioning things after 2011.

Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Mara32 wrote:Colville, McKenzie, Jarrad, Passador, Lindsay, Dabrowski, Powell, Parry, Lewis, Raymond (just to name a few)... did they come through our system? Or were they recruited from interstate or another SANFL club?

Not sure what the difference is.

I bet not too many were questioning things after 2011.

very true mara
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:29 am

It did not take mega-bucks to recruits most of these guys (except Parry) and most of them fitted in to our culture, which was a strong culture at the time. Recent recruits have cost the earth, seem to contributing to a deteriorating culture, and have resulted in decent locals leaving.
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:53 am

disagree Dobber... but that's cool.

I do agree with Hareeba however... a number 1 ruckman is critical. Niemann/Nicol, Lindsay/Dabrowksi, Parry/Redden, ????/Borholme
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 am

There is no a lot of information coming out about the playing squad...other than the players we know who are leaving are we aware of any others ? For example Byron was touted to leave for Qld, we know Heinjus has 'retired''...is there any other news.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Byron is playing on with the Eagles.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:55 pm

I have a business contact connected with South who has spooked me...I get the feeling they are all over a few of our guys...can anyone tell me when we start training or where and when we are training.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:52 pm

started pre-season Monday this week according to their Facebook page...
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:53 pm

heard same - might be karma - will create further player payment inflation, with blokes basically swapping clubs, but all on shytloads more than at their previous club. What comes around, goes around I suppose
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:04 pm

Dobber wrote:heard same - might be karma - will create further player payment inflation, with blokes basically swapping clubs, but all on shytloads more than at their previous club.  What comes around, goes around I suppose

Glenelg was touted late last year who were chasing one of our boys hasnt happened as far as i know!

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:27 am

yes they were chasing Sinor, not sure where that is at. This lad can really play but didn't make the most of his opportunities in the league team. He is one that we hope can really improve next season - he looks well above reserves level so if he can get another block of games we need him to emerge. I thought he got a fair crack at it last year from the coach albeit he was in and out of the team a lot.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Raikawasa...exactly the type we need, I know we had him on the radar last year...good choice, can play.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Hareeba wrote:Raikawasa...exactly the type we need, I know we had him on the radar last year...good choice, can play.

just posted it in the confirmed ins for 2015 going to have fun with this surname
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Weve lost some to the bays

The Glenelg Football Club continues its recruiting for 2015 with the signing of ex Adelaide Crows utility Jarrhan Jacky.

Jarrhan, who played for Subiaco last season, is currently working in Western Australia but is relocating back to South Australia for family reasons.

Jarrhan possess terrific speed, prolific skills and can play a variety of positions. We are excited to add Jarrhan to our list and look forward to him joining our club.

Along with our current signings we have also invited the following players to pre-season training.

Judd Robson (ex-Port Adelaide/Broadview)

Tom Edwards (Padthaway/ex-Glenelg)

James Schwarz (Woodville West Torrens)

James Lean (Woodville West Torrens)

Nikolas Mallyon-Ciurak (Victoria)

Lachlan Niland-Rowe (Queensland)

Tom Evans (Pembroke Old Scholars)

Josh Moody (Eastlake)
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Neither of those two have potential to play league for us so no harm in them trying another club. I am glad we did not go for Jacky, not sure he is the gritty type we really need, he wont be suited to a lower club like Glenelg either.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 pm

yer - no great loss there.

Interested to know how many non-Sth Australians we had in our last premiership side that Goddsy largely inherited? Can someone do the numbers?
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Lot of negativity from "supporters" Holden, Mr Fuller on safooty.net. What are they trying to achieve. Doubt that Mick Godden and Trent Hentschel read the posts so are they trying to stir up a "revolt" amongst members?
At least wait until after the draft when we can hope for the signing of a ruckman and 2 midfielders?
There hasn't been a SANFL Club that hasn't made expensive mistakes in the past, including Port and Norwood. Look at the the fiasco with Centrals and McIntyre with McIntyre saying he's lost interest after an expensive transfer.

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 pm

What happened to Stribling and Dowdell are they still coming or not????
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Premiers wrote:Lot of negativity from "supporters" Holden, Mr Fuller on safooty.net. What are they trying to achieve. Doubt that Mick Godden and Trent Hentschel read the posts so are they trying to stir up a "revolt" amongst members?
At least wait until after the draft when we can hope for the signing of a ruckman and 2 midfielders?
There hasn't been a SANFL Club that hasn't made expensive mistakes in the past, including Port and Norwood. Look at the the fiasco with Centrals and McIntyre with McIntyre saying he's lost interest after an expensive transfer.

yep it's a bit early to throw the baby out with the bath water
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:51 pm

MichaelScott wrote:What happened to Stribling and Dowdell are they still coming or not????
yeah that went all quiet on SA Footy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Interesting, now that we have Rakawasi, the key backline positions appear filled with Templeman, Von Bertouch and Rakawasi not forgetting Culley if he can get over his back complaint.
If Culley is fit and in form, then Von Bertouch might be returned to a forward pocket role where he might be an asset with his strong marking, especially with Wundke and Aunger copping the opposition's best 2 backmen.

Also, how does that place us chasing Luke Thompson if he is available? Might be oversupplied with backmen while still being short of midfielders.

Two very good signings, Hayes and Rakawasi, especially with both being around 21 years. And Hayes, though recruited by Brisbane as a forward, was developed into a good midfielder, representing combined Queensland team last season.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hareeba Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:35 pm

It looks like the only regular league player who has moved on (apart from the ones we know about) is Travis Lane. Travis committed to a country club mid last season which is a pity because he may have found his niche in the league team eventually. I was worried we were to lose more players but they are all back on deck, Byron has been in the paddock as usual but is training. I know we have Petrenko and Thommo committed but that is subject to their fate at the drafts. Thommo played a lot of his junior footy as a forward so if we have Raka, Von, Templeton, Guiffreda and Thommo then that is a good problem to have.
Dowdell most unlikely - we are pursuing several other ruckman options. Don't know about Stribling, I don't think that one ever got off the ground.
Hayes does read well so look forward to what he can offer...I also feel we are a bit light on for midfielders but Boyd carried OP all last year so he will be like a recruit if he is back to normal fitness.
Lets hope the cards fall or way for a change during the drafts.
Hareeba
Hareeba

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:45 pm

Agreed... and Rowntree a virtual recruit too. Nail a good ruckman, get some luck with Thommo, Pup and/or McKernan... and I think we'll be ok.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next