Kirk signed Jarred Allmond, Matthew Jacquier, Jarrod Harding and Glenn Dawson return

4 posters

Go down

Kirk signed Jarred Allmond, Matthew Jacquier, Jarrod Harding and Glenn Dawson  return Empty Kirk signed Jarred Allmond, Matthew Jacquier, Jarrod Harding and Glenn Dawson return

Post by zest Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:23 pm

The WWTFC is excited to announce the signing of Daniel Kirk from the Glenelg Football Club for the next 2 seasons.

Kirk, 29, who spent 8 years at Glenelg where he played 109 games, will add great experience and flexibility to an Eagles Team that has lost retiring trio Justin Cicolella, Robert Shirley and Ben Grieger.

On the signing, Coach Michael Godden said "Daniel has the ability to play back, forward and in the ruck so he provides us with tremendous flexibility. He has real athleticism for a big bloke and we are confident he will have a real impact for us this year".

On his signing Kirk said "I’m really pleased to join the Eagles who have had so much success over the last decade. From an oppositions point of view the Eagles have been a Club that has earned the respect of the SANFL community by the way they go about things and it’s exciting to be a part of that moving forward. It was a tough decision to leave Glenelg where I have a lot of good memories and received a great amount of support but I felt the time was right for a new challenge."

In other List Management news the Club is pleased to announce that Jarred Allmond, Matthew Jacquier, Jarrod Harding and Glenn Dawson have returned to the Club for Season 2013.

Please join the WWTFC in welcoming Daniel to the Club and also welcoming Jarred, Matthew, Jarrod and Glenn back to the Club.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kirk signed Jarred Allmond, Matthew Jacquier, Jarrod Harding and Glenn Dawson  return Empty Re: Kirk signed Jarred Allmond, Matthew Jacquier, Jarrod Harding and Glenn Dawson return

Post by MightyEagles Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Good news.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Kirk signed Jarred Allmond, Matthew Jacquier, Jarrod Harding and Glenn Dawson  return Empty Re: Kirk signed Jarred Allmond, Matthew Jacquier, Jarrod Harding and Glenn Dawson return

Post by BirdOfPrey Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Glad to see Allmond is back. Hope the other lads give it a good crack.
Hope we sign a young ruckman to be groomed to take over from Parry.
Plus a couple of good midfielders would be handy.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:35 pm

The WWTFC is delighted to announce the signing of South Adelaide duo Andrew Ainger and Lachlan Carey, as well as Tim Mackenzie from the North Ballarat Rebels.

Ainger, 24, joins the Club after playing 31 games in 2 seasons. He finished 5th in the South Adelaide B&F in 2012, was selected in the Advertiser Team of the Year and was a member of the SANFL State Squad until injuring his ankle. Andrew kicked 45 goals from Centre Half Forward in 2012 and will add great fire power to an Eagles forward line led by Adam Grocke and Lee Staple.

On his signing Ainger said "It was a tough decision to leave South, I enjoyed my time there and have some great mates at the Club. However, I’m at the point of my career in the SANFL competition where I want to continue developing as a player and most importantly, play Finals footy. The Eagles have a wonderful track record of making the finals and I feel the Eagles provide an environment that will ensure I keep improving, so it’s a perfect fit for me moving forward".

Lachlan Carey, 24, comes to the Club after also playing 31 games in 2 seasons at South. He played at half back in 2011 before being shifted to half forward in 2012 adds a hard edge and great flexibility to an Eagles team that has lost tough nuts Justin Cicolella and Robert Shirley.

On their signing Football Manager Trent Hentschel said "We are really excited about Andrew and Lachie joining the Club. We know they had offers from a number of other SANFL Clubs so for them both to choose the Eagles as the Club they wanted to play for speaks volumes for our Club as a whole".

Coach Michael Godden added "Andrew and Lachie are both 24 so in terms of their footy they are coming into their prime. Andrew became a really influential forward in the SANFL last season with his ability to take contested marks and hit the scoreboard so the potential of having him up there with Grocke and Staple is exciting. Lachie can play at either end of the ground so he’ll provide us with some real flexibility in a number of positions. He’s competitive and he’s got some aggression which I like".

Tim Mackenzie, 18, will also join the Club next season after playing with the North Ballarat Rebels in the TAC Cup last season. Mackenzie is a key position back man that is seen as a long term player that will fill a key defensive post for the club in the future.

Trent Hentschel said "Tim’s a fantastic young man with a great work ethic and desire to get better. He’s a really disciplined defender and was part of the Rebels Leadership Group so he has a number of attributes we like. He’s still young and history says young key position players take a while to develop but we are hopeful Tim will hold down a key defensive position for the Club in the future".

Please join the WWTFC in welcoming Andrew, Lachlan and Tim to the Club.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down