EaglesWings
Mickyj
MightyEagles
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GF Eagles v Central - Page 2 Empty Re: GF Eagles v Central

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Reddeer wrote:Congratulations to everyone involved in this fabulous result.
The players, the coach and coaches, the Board, the administration, the office, the support staff and the supporters. ENJOY

Wasn't it nice Reddeer and wasn't it great back at the club !!!!!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Everything I hoped for - it happened. The controlled aggression; the discipline; the pressure; the intensity. The mindset. You could see that was well and truly on that passion and desire required to win the seemingly impossible cup as far as the odds and history and the opponent was.

And even though the umpires seemed to be against us in the last quarter, and the inevitable Bulldog charge came, and Havelberg marking and kicking everything, we stood firm despite playing four matches to get there as opposed to two.

How proud is it to be a Woodville/West Torrens fan right now; when you are treated to such a gutsy, inspired and masterminded performance! At age eight back in '93, I probably didn't fully realise what had been achieved. Dad certainly would have, seeing he was born in Torrens' last premiership year. In 2006, it was just relief, and the fact that really we were the best team throughout the year was masked by the 2nd Semi, probably was not as satisfying, when I think back now.

And that's because beating Centrals by three points probably gave me the best feeling I've ever felt just after the siren. I was waiting, waiting for that customary Dogs fightback to bear fruit once again. It happened against Norwood last year; against Glenelg in the 2009 2nd Semi; against Sturt in the 2008 Qualifying Final. Whatever the situation, they would find a way to be in front when the final siren sounded.

But when it did go and we were in front, I kind of felt like for half a second that it couldn't be right. Central hadn't kicked that winning goal. But it was, and not only did we prove that the CDFC side are only human after all - a bunch of players who do things best in the competition - we proved we can do things best too, WHEN IT COUNTS!!!!!!!
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:13 pm

spell_check wrote:Everything I hoped for - it happened. The controlled aggression; the discipline; the pressure; the intensity. The mindset. You could see that was well and truly on that passion and desire required to win the seemingly impossible cup as far as the odds and history and the opponent was.

And even though the umpires seemed to be against us in the last quarter, and the inevitable Bulldog charge came, and Havelberg marking and kicking everything, we stood firm despite playing four matches to get there as opposed to two.

How proud is it to be a Woodville/West Torrens fan right now; when you are treated to such a gutsy, inspired and masterminded performance! At age eight back in '93, I probably didn't fully realise what had been achieved. Dad certainly would have, seeing he was born in Torrens' last premiership year. In 2006, it was just relief, and the fact that really we were the best team throughout the year was masked by the 2nd Semi, probably was not as satisfying, when I think back now.

And that's because beating Centrals by three points probably gave me the best feeling I've ever felt just after the siren. I was waiting, waiting for that customary Dogs fightback to bear fruit once again. It happened against Norwood last year; against Glenelg in the 2009 2nd Semi; against Sturt in the 2008 Qualifying Final. Whatever the situation, they would find a way to be in front when the final siren sounded.

But when it did go and we were in front, I kind of felt like for half a second that it couldn't be right. Central hadn't kicked that winning goal. But it was, and not only did we prove that the CDFC side are only human after all - a bunch of players who do things best in the competition - we proved we can do things best too, WHEN IT COUNTS!!!!!!!

Well said mr spellcheck well said
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Col D Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Yesterday confirms our rivalry with the dogs we are the 2 teams with the strongest rivalry and the two best performed teams in the league right now.

Can we claim back to back or two in a row? In our last two GFs we have won and both against the dogs??
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:16 am

Of course, let's be very positive about it.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Col D wrote:Yesterday confirms our rivalry with the dogs we are the 2 teams with the strongest rivalry and the two best performed teams in the league right now.

Can we claim back to back or two in a row? In our last two GFs we have won and both against the dogs??

IMHO we could if unlike 2006 we as a club recruit players we need .As in a replacement for Treeby !
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:15 pm

From a personal point of view the 2006 premiership was one of relief,but this one proved that we were the only GENUINE contender.Godden proved that he was not a one trick pony evidenced by the different game styles employed against the negative flooding style of Norwood,compared to the one on one ,tough physical style of the Dogs(although they still get numbers back behind the ball given the opportunity ).
Very proud of this football club ( my beloved Eagles ) in what they have just achieved.The recruiting of Parry,Lewis,Grieger,Tiller,Raymond just sensational !
People can say that Centrals had their fare share of injuries,but we did lose two GUN midfielders in Petrenko and Roundtree.
Unlike 2007 I am sure our recruiting staff will keep their eye on the ball so to speak
All the pain of last year is gone.Oh the joy of 2011 !.See you all next year !
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:28 pm

What a day I forgot how good the Chimney unveiling is! Goddsy spoke so well and imho so did the Centrals people who were there.
So happy to be an Eagles supporter right now although I hope that what I heard the SANFL people saying their wasn't true = that Goddsy has been asked to coach Glenelg and that Norwood want Davis to become their CEO. I suppose thats what happens when we are winnerss!
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 am

2012 = Godden as coach, Why would he want to go back to a team that loses finals. Why would anyone leave a club that won the flag.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:34 am

Everyone that goes on about bassets coaching should look at GODS a much better coach in my opinion, He has put his hand up for the coach of the 30 year team Laughing
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:51 pm

EagleRock wrote:From a personal point of view the 2006 premiership was one of relief,but this one proved that we were the only GENUINE contender.Godden proved that he was not a one trick pony evidenced by the different game styles employed against the negative flooding style of Norwood,compared to the one on one ,tough physical style of the Dogs(although they still get numbers back behind the ball given the opportunity ).
Very proud of this football club ( my beloved Eagles ) in what they have just achieved.The recruiting of Parry,Lewis,Grieger,Tiller,Raymond just sensational !
People can say that Centrals had their fare share of injuries,but we did lose two GUN midfielders in Petrenko and Roundtree.
Unlike 2007 I am sure our recruiting staff will keep their eye on the ball so to speak
All the pain of last year is gone.Oh the joy of 2011 !.See you all next year !

I'm so very happy that the Club recruited Parry he dominated Centrals ruckman along with BIG RED .Tiller came good right time of the year .And FABULOUS PHIL Raymond had to have been the recruit of the year !!!
Well done to the recruiters!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:43 pm

My apologies to Aaron Day,forgot to mention him on our recruiting list.Much improved player this year IMHO.
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm

There have been many big improvers this year, I'd say Redden, Hoban, Staple, Day, Rowntree, Giuffreda and Goldsworthy are the best of them.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2