North Adelaide vs Eagles Saturday 23rd April Prospect Oval

4 posters

Go down

North Adelaide vs Eagles Saturday 23rd April  Prospect Oval Empty North Adelaide vs Eagles Saturday 23rd April Prospect Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:39 pm

No idea what happened with this topic so I'll start it again.
See everyone Saturday
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

North Adelaide vs Eagles Saturday 23rd April  Prospect Oval Empty Re: North Adelaide vs Eagles Saturday 23rd April Prospect Oval

Post by spell_check Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Ok, I refuse to comment from the "game" that took place recently.

Perhaps I should not comment on this either, because our position on the ladder should be justified. However, under the old "Match Ratio" system the AFL used between 1991 and 1994, we would actually be fifth. But that ensures that it's the first time ever that a side has had a 50% win/loss record and been bottom at any stage of the season.

So for the record, the motivation is there - just look at the ladder, it's not where the WWTFC should be. Those days ended after 1990.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

North Adelaide vs Eagles Saturday 23rd April  Prospect Oval Empty Re: North Adelaide vs Eagles Saturday 23rd April Prospect Oval

Post by zest Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:56 pm

LEAGUE - 2.10pm

F Hall Hentschel Day

HF Cicolella Grocke Irons

C Jarrad Lewis Rayner

HB Allmond Tiller Rimington

B McKenzie Giuffreda Raymond

Ruck Parry Rowntree Powell

Interchange Bock, Hill, Goldsworthy, Sutcliffe, Fairclough

Ins: Fairclough, Goldsworthy, Hentschel, Bock, Hill

Outs: Z Fitzgerald (injured), Grieger (unavailable), Jacobs (Crows)

RESERVES - 11.25am

C Fitzgerald, Redden, Heinjus, Martyn, Corbett, Symmons, Lane, C Groke, Batley, Von Bertouch, Culley, Schultz, Geddes, Flanegan, Sinor, Joyce, Graham, Hoban, Cornes, Poole, Staple
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Wasnt a pretty game but at least we won.
Parry's injury how bad is it ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:55 pm

WOODVILLE-WEST Torrens made a stand at Prospect Oval yesterday, responding to the worst defeat of the Michael Godden era with a fighting 15-point win against North Adelaide.

Despite entering the match without key defender Ben Grieger, and losing centre half back Stephen Tiller in the opening quarter, the Eagles stood firm and now have an encouraging 2-1 record despite not playing anywhere near their potential.

Eagles veterans Mark McKenzie, Justin Cicolella, Luke Powell, Luke Jarrad and Adam Grocke all answered the call after last week's embarrassing loss to Sturt, while Godden drew encouraging performances from youngsters Chris Hall, Nathan Rayner, Aaron Day and Angus Rowntree.

``We needed to stand up didn't we?'' Godden said.

``We were undersized and undermanned when we lost Tiller but the backline stood up and when the game was there to be won in the third quarter our midfield stood up.''

The Eagles jumped out to an early lead with small forwards Hall, Rayner and Matt Goldsworthy all posting first-term goals.

But for most of the first half North looked like the stronger team, and if not for a number of inexcusable skill errors in the centre of the ground and poor discipline, the Roosters could have snatched the lead.

James Allan put in a signature performance, racking up 43 disposals and a team-high five tackles, but he was too often left to play a lone hand and began to get overwhelmed by Lewis and Powell in the second half.

The Roosters kept in touch during the third, but a critical missed goal by Leigh Ryswyk turned the game.

Instead of kicking a drop punt on the run from 25m, Ryswyk inexplicably chose to try a checkside, only to see his shot drift wide.

McKenzie kicked straight up the middle from the kick out and an unbroken run of play ended with Grocke snapping a goal from 40m. The goal put the Eagles out by three goals, a buffer they were able to maintain for most of the match.

North's only other real challenge came early in the fourth quarter when it kicked consecutive goals for the first time in the match to reduce the margin to nine points.

But McKenzie turned it on up the outer wing and got the ball to Lewis who kicked truly from 50m out.

``He kicked it when he needed it and that's what you need from your senior players,'' said North coach Josh Francou of the game-breaking goal.

North now has a 1-3 record, a disappointing result given three of the Roosters' first four games were at home.

Matt Wright and Luke Ivens continued their good form, while Todd Miles held down defence well against his former side.

But the Roosters' accountability was again exposed, an issue they must address ahead of this week's trip to Sturt.

``I thought our contested footy, especially in the first half, was OK. We just seemed to lack a bit of run, especially from defence,'' Francou said.

Rooster key forward Nick Gill was reported for striking Angus Rowntree in the final term.
EAGLES 3.3 5.4 11.4 15.5 (95)
NORTH 2.4 4.6 7.8 12.8 (80)
Best - Eagles: McKenzie, Lewis, Jarrad, Rayner, Powell, Rowntree, Cicolella, Day. North: Allan, Ivens, Miles, Wright.
Goals - Eagles: Rayner 4, Grocke 3, Lewis, Rimington 2; Jarrad, Hall, Rowntree, Goldsworthy. North: Alleway 3, Wright, Gill, Ryswyk 2; Armstrong, Thiele, Dempsey.
Injuries - Eagles: Tiller (ankle), Parry (neck), Hentschel (cut head).
Reports - North: Gill (striking).
Crowd - 2479 at Prospect Oval.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey, I thought the game as a spectacle was better than about 70% of the games I have seen over the past three seasons.

Lewis was sensational today, give him the three votes for being in and under as well as finding the footy out wide. McKenzie is back to his versatile best; I like Rayner and expect him to be drafted this year, Grocke did what he does best and always gives it his all. If everyone was like him, you could never criticise the team for endeavour. Rowntree is interesting, as he finds a lot of the ball, but on occasions doesn't seem to know where to go next. Jarrad is vitally important to the team with his dash out of defence and long kicks - something players should model themselves on and not do pissy little passes. I think Jake Fairclough is a player who should cement his place in the side - he's bloody quick! Something the side still lacks.

Actually, having a look at the goals, I could have sworn Hentschel got one in the second quarter?
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:35 pm

McKenzie kicked straight up the middle from the kick out and an unbroken run of play ended with Grocke snapping a goal from 40m. The goal put the Eagles out by three goals, a buffer they were able to maintain for most of the match.

F*** yes! Straight down the middle footy!!! Why does this not happen more often! Best bit of play we have made in the three matches.

spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:58 pm

FULL TIME @ PROSPECT

LEAGUE:

Eagles - 15.5 = 95

North - 12.8 = 80

Woodville West Torrens wins 15 by points

CROWD: 2,479

QUARTER BY QUARTER SCORING:

Eagles - 3.3 | 2.1 | 6.0 | 4.1 - 15.5 = 95

North - 2.4 | 2.2 | 3.2 | 5.0 - 12.8 = 80

GOAL KICKERS:

Eagles - N.Rayner 4, A.Grocke 3, S.Lewis, J.Rimington 2, A.Rowntree, C.Hall, M.Goldsworthy, L.Jarrad 1

North - C.Alleway 3, N.Gill, M.Wright, L.Ryswyk 2, D.Armstrong, C.Thiele, D.Dempsey 1

MY BETTER PLAYERS:

Eagles - S.Lewis, M.McKenzie, L.Jarrad, N.Rayner, L.Powell, A.Rowntree, A.Cicolella, A.Grocke

North - J.Allan, L.Ivens, M.Wright, D.Dempsey, T.Miles, C.Ackland, G.Thring

LEADING STATS WINNERS: - Courtesy of Champion Data via SANFL web site

Eagles - S.Lewis 25, L.Jarrad 24, L.Powell 22, N.Rayner 22, A.Rowntree 22, J.Cicolella 22, M.Mackenzie 21, J.Allmond 16

North - J.Allan 43, M.Wright 29, L.Ivens 28, T.Delvins 26, G.Thring 24, D.Armstrong 17, H.White 16, K.Thompson 15

INSIDE 50's:

Eagles - 46

North - 38

REBOUND 50's:

Eagles - 25

North - 29
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:59 pm

spell_check wrote:Hey, I thought the game as a spectacle was better than about 70% of the games I have seen over the past three seasons.

Lewis was sensational today, give him the three votes for being in and under as well as finding the footy out wide. McKenzie is back to his versatile best; I like Rayner and expect him to be drafted this year, Grocke did what he does best and always gives it his all. If everyone was like him, you could never criticise the team for endeavour. Rowntree is interesting, as he finds a lot of the ball, but on occasions doesn't seem to know where to go next. Jarrad is vitally important to the team with his dash out of defence and long kicks - something players should model themselves on and not do pissy little passes. I think Jake Fairclough is a player who should cement his place in the side - he's bloody quick! Something the side still lacks.

Actually, having a look at the goals, I could have sworn Hentschel got one in the second quarter?

Just going to add something to what you have written spelly if thats ok.
Rayner trained with Essendon in the preseason but wasnt drafted by them ! gotta love his ability to crumb up forward .
Jake Fairclough what a revelation!! Third quarter just in front of where I was sitting.He had 4 or 5 opponents .They pushed him out and don he got back up and kept going beat them to the ball in the end.And some way better footy pundents are saying he is better than his older brother !!.did anyone else notice north players roughing up jake didnt affect him one bit.
Chistian Bock up forward if he wasn't a stick figure .BUT in one contest the north fans were screaming for a north backman to hit him front on they did .He met that charge the ball came out to Grocke end result goal.He may not have much meat on him but to me he is all heart .I understand he gets white line fever if he was just built a bit bigger .you know he will give you 100 percent .And he can win the ruck taps !!
Rowntree poor bugger got taken high by that channel 7 reporter .i wonder if we will here anything about comments I was screaming for the report I wont put in writing what I was yelling .
Now in summary it wasnt a pretty style of footy but it put north under pressure.Or even perceived pressure and helped with the win .and macca what a captains game !!
Shocked

wrong bock fixed Razz
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:00 pm

spell_check wrote:

F*** yes! Straight down the middle footy!!! Why does this not happen more often! Best bit of play we have made in the three matches.

That was very exciting when it happened and we looked fast with first use of the ball!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down