Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:44 pm

A wee bit early but I'll get the thread started
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v sturt round 3 Empty Re: Eagles v sturt round 3

Post by zest Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:04 pm

anyone know the line up of the games as they said at presentations that the under 18s were on as well that day
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 pm

zest wrote:anyone know the line up of the games as they said at presentations that the under 18s were on as well that day
Under 18's playing before league, not reserves, they start at 4.55pm. Ressies play at Unley Saturday
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:27 am

Friday night Eagles v Sturt @ Adelaide Oval
U18s 4.55 pm
League 7.40 pm

Saturday @ Unley
U16s 11.40 am I believe
Reserves 2.10 pm
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:38 pm

jacobs and petrenko are playing reserves this week during our bye week
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:23 pm

I get a kick out of looking for the next best thing coming through the ranks, perhaps some-one who hasn't yet turned in a big performance but just shows poise, balance, athletic ability and the X factor - I'll stick my head out and say "watch out for a kid called Heinjus developing over the next 2 years". He's bulked up from a boy's body last year into a real presence, a future CHF. 193-194cm, high leap and good "clunk" mark, fast enough for his size, very agile. As I said, hasn't hit the Best Players list much but watch him develop.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Premiers wrote:I get a kick out of looking for the next best thing coming through the ranks, perhaps some-one who hasn't yet turned in a big performance but just shows poise, balance, athletic ability and the X factor - I'll stick my head out and say "watch out for a kid called Heinjus developing over the next 2 years". He's bulked up from a boy's body last year into a real presence, a future CHF. 193-194cm, high leap and good "clunk" mark, fast enough for his size, very agile. As I said, hasn't hit the Best Players list much but watch him develop.

Todd Culley if u ask me right now or Poole in a couple
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Access details follow .... good news is members passes and general admission gets you into most of the the SACA members area including lower level of the NEW Western Grandstand.

Weather looks good and a rare chance to have a night "home" game so hope to see you all there with some mates.

Adelaide Oval Rd 3 Eagles v Sturt - game day access details
11/04/2011

Date: Fri 15 April 2011

Venue: Adelaide Oval

Gates open: 4.30pm. Northern and Southern gates only.

League match starts: 7.40pm

Curtain raiser:
4.55pm (Eagles v Sturt U18’s)

Members’ enclosure: Western Grandstand Level 2 North (Sections 201-205) and Level 2 South (Sections 208-214) are reserved for both SACA and SANFL members. Sections 206 and 207 on Level 2 of the Western Grandstand in front of the team viewing areas are reserved for the participating clubs.

Members’ bar (Level 2 Western Grandstand): Entry is restricted to SACA and SANFL members only.

Car parking: Car parking within the Adelaide Oval surrounds is controlled by the Adelaide City Council. Park lands policy prescribes that car parks may be subject to closure as a result of wet weather conditions. Up to date information regarding the availability of parking for this fixture can be obtained by contacting U-Park on (08) 8203 7203.

WWTFC ticket holders: All WWTFC tickets, both season and home are valid at Adelaide Oval including Woodville Oval complimentary passes.

General admission tickets: Available at the gate only. Adults $12; Concession $5; Under 18’s FREE.

General admission area: All seating and open areas within the ground except for Level 2 (Sections 201–214) in the Western Grandstand. This includes members areas not previously accessible to general admission ticket holders.

Smile
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:58 pm

PhilH wrote:Access details follow .... good news is members passes and general admission gets you into most of the the SACA members area including lower level of the NEW Western Grandstand.

Weather looks good and a rare chance to have a night "home" game so hope to see you all there with some mates.

Adelaide Oval Rd 3 Eagles v Sturt - game day access details
11/04/2011

Date: Fri 15 April 2011

Venue: Adelaide Oval

Gates open: 4.30pm. Northern and Southern gates only.

League match starts: 7.40pm

Curtain raiser:
4.55pm (Eagles v Sturt U18’s)

Members’ enclosure: Western Grandstand Level 2 North (Sections 201-205) and Level 2 South (Sections 208-214) are reserved for both SACA and SANFL members. Sections 206 and 207 on Level 2 of the Western Grandstand in front of the team viewing areas are reserved for the participating clubs.

Members’ bar (Level 2 Western Grandstand): Entry is restricted to SACA and SANFL members only.

Car parking: Car parking within the Adelaide Oval surrounds is controlled by the Adelaide City Council. Park lands policy prescribes that car parks may be subject to closure as a result of wet weather conditions. Up to date information regarding the availability of parking for this fixture can be obtained by contacting U-Park on (08) 8203 7203.

WWTFC ticket holders: All WWTFC tickets, both season and home are valid at Adelaide Oval including Woodville Oval complimentary passes.

General admission tickets: Available at the gate only. Adults $12; Concession $5; Under 18’s FREE.

General admission area: All seating and open areas within the ground except for Level 2 (Sections 201–214) in the Western Grandstand. This includes members areas not previously accessible to general admission ticket holders.

Smile

A big thanks for all that Phil Very Happy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Selection could be complicated and delayed this week with the AFL group:

1. There are suggestions that Jarrad Irons and Paul Stewart may be heading our way. If so, will they be released to us for Friday's match when the Power might want to keep them as emergencies for the Showdown.
2. Will we seen Sam Jacobs in Eagles colours for the first time in 5 years?
3. Given all the Crows injuries, will we have Petrenko and Luke Thompson for another week?
Crows/Power may not let us know till late Friday making it tough for the Eagles.
But having Hentschell, Tiller, Jacobs, Irons,Stewart, Petrenko and Thompsom all available would make good reading.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Eagles League Team

FF: Cicolella Day Hall
HF: Z.Fitzgerald Grocke Rayner
C: Allmond Lewis Jarrad
HB: McKenzie Tiller Rimington
FB: Giuffreda Grieger Raymond
R: Jacobs Rowntree Powell
I (From): Parry Irons Sutcliffe Goldsworthy Lane

In to 23: Tiller, Rimington, Jacobs, Irons, Goldsworthy, Lane
Out: Bock, Petrenko, Treeby, Thompson
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:16 pm

alot of guys that can play as small forwards in that team:

irons
goldsworthy
lane
rimington
cicolella
Hall
Rayner

If we dont win the ruck i'll be surprised
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Pearce returning to Sturt from the Power presents big trouble for the Eagles, he's the sort of player that if let to run free can spark the rest of his side.

Looking at the team, can't see who is going to cover Luke Thompson in the back-pocket against the talls - Raymond won't be tall enough, McKenzie is too important to waste in the back-pocket. Maybe Day might play there leaving our forwards with Parryand Jacob changing at full-forward/forward pocket
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:11 pm

crap performance enough said
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 pm

The less said about Friday night the better. All I can say is, thank God it was only our second game for the year.
Being a glutten for punishment I ventured to Unley oval yesterday to check out the ressies. Halfway through the first quarter I thought I was back at Adelaide oval, but to the lads credit they got their act together & we then led at each change. My better players were Pooly, Goldy, Heinjus, Lane & Hill.
ALL senior players were in attendance, not looking very happy I might add.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:25 pm

Eagle014 wrote:The less said about Friday night the better. All I can say is, thank God it was only our second game for the year.
Being a glutten for punishment I ventured to Unley oval yesterday to check out the ressies. Halfway through the first quarter I thought I was back at Adelaide oval, but to the lads credit they got their act together & we then led at each change. My better players were Pooly, Goldy, Heinjus, Lane & Hill.
ALL senior players were in attendance, not looking very happy I might add.

I was going but I was that angry I stayed home Twisted Evil
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Certainaly not the best game you have ever seen, in fact in my view it was right up there with "that" grand final.
Having Sammy J back for the first time since 06, Jarrad Irons fronting up for his first game with us, Rimmo and Tiller playing their first games for the season aswell as losing Thommo (although that could happen at anytime..with him or the other AFL boys) didnt help but the actual and perceived pressure that Sturt put us under was incredible. I don't think i can recall a game where the mistakes (kickins, the running too far, careless free kicks) were punished like they were Friday night. The incident that sticks out for me as the biggest indicator that it wasnt our night was Tillers mark on the 50m line in the last qtr, he went to play on, slipped dropped the ball and away Sturt went. The upside is the guys get a chance to turn it all around next weekend.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down