+2
Mickyj
LoudEagleHooligan
6 posters

Go down

Attention Mr. Godden Empty Attention Mr. Godden

Post by LoudEagleHooligan Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Dear Michael,

I was wondering about the placing of the side for the upcoming Elimination Final & the fact that clearly I have no idea about form & players.

After watching a very poor performance away to North Adelaide last week, I saw you speak with the players after the match. As an avid supporter of the club, I was pleased to see that you at least had a reaction to the insipid last quarter showing of our boys. I was diappointed with the coaching performance that day, particularly with an apparent lack of a 'Plan B' when North were getting on top.

2 weeks in a row, our team has been EXPOSED for a LACK OF PACE.

Although I am loathed to be critical of individuals, am I the only person that can see a percieved lack of pace & commitment in No. 20 ???

I am hopeful that YOU, the PLAYERS & the CLUB react @ both the selection table & on the ground, accordingly this week.

If we are to arrest the current 'slide' & actually WIN the Finals game this week, a few people in the 'inner sanctum' of the club, YOU INCLUDED, need to have a real hard look in the mirror.

What was served up to us in the 1st half on Sunday, was UNACCEPTABLE - to not score in the 1st quarter (in fact not go past 1/2 forward) was a disgrace.

I look forward in anticipation of an appropriate reaction @ Footy Park, on Sunday.

Regards,

A Loyal & Committed Eagles Supporter
LoudEagleHooligan
LoudEagleHooligan

Back to top Go down

Attention Mr. Godden Empty Re: Attention Mr. Godden

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:25 pm

I should lock this but in truth I actually believe in what you have just written LEH.I will leave it up for others to comment on but if it gets out of hand I will lock it .
Number 20 has perplexed some of us for a few weeks .
But he is not alone .
And I still have a feeling we did a Fremantle from Tassie .
Grocke sore Welsh still out Hentschel just running laps.Lane 14 goals in two weeks in the seconds suddenly gets injured and no one I spoke to knew what was wrong!!!
And what were 6 or 8 under 18's doing playing Seconds footy !!!
To quote Bill Shakespeare and paraphrase a bit Smile
Me thinks something smells rotten at oval ave woodville the last 2 weeks!!

I cant prove the above just my personal thoughts
Or WE Natives aren't happy Jan
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:57 pm

I believe Lane did a hamstring late training Wednesday night.
From Gods reaction at presentation last night I can assure you he was far from impressed with the past two weeks, so much so, he refused to name any best players against North or Sturt.
I would have expected changes after North but obviously he threw it back at the same 21 to preform against Sturt.
We certainly wont have Salts or Broady & even if they were fit I doubt if Port would have released them.
Hopefully we will have a full complement at training Wednesday & no late injuries.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Eagle014 wrote:I believe Lane did a hamstring late training Wednesday night.
From Gods reaction at presentation last night I can assure you he was far from impressed with the past two weeks, so much so, he refused to name any best players against North or Sturt.
I would have expected changes after North but obviously he threw it back at the same 21 to preform against Sturt.
We certainly wont have Salts or Broady & even if they were fit I doubt if Port would have released them.
Hopefully we will have a full complement at training Wednesday & no late injuries.

Good they need the wrath of "GODS" shoved up them .
Then someone in the Eagles IT department should take them to that other SANFL Football site.And show them how much of a laughing stock we as a CLUB TEAM etc we are to Sturt.And then look at the way they are poking fun at Scot Lewis .
Surely the injured Eagle should arise and strike down that Eastern suburbs upstart uptight football club!!!

For our sakes boys play attacking Football and get the damn ball into the Forwad line and score goals !!!
And If I'm shit stirring that other site who gives a toss this is finals footy we must win !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Realisically the Eagles wouldn't have been expecting a finish higher than 4th this year IMO. Godden has done as expected. When we had some AFL players and a dream injury run we were up and running and a top 3 team. Without them we have struggled.

The strong clubs put a plan in place and follow through with it.

Godden would have now been able to see which players can make it and which players who were average under Fuller are still average.

He needs some time to build a squad capable of winning a premiership. He has unearthed some players to take over from McKenzie and Powell in the midfield. Some selective recruiting backed by a season's knowledge of his squad will hopefully see us back challenging the likes of Central and Glenelg again soon.

As for this finals series, it's all up to the players now. They have given themselves an opportunity.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Day is gods golden boy like fairclough was for Ron Laughing now if it takes Gods three years like Ron to see he ain't good enough were back to square one
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:45 pm

You know, we used to be a good wet weather side. Sturt used to be a poor one. Hence the reason why we won so many games against Sturt - eg. 1SF 2003; 2004 & 2005 at Unley; QF 2004; 2007 at Woodville.

Was this week a case of just adhering to the gameplan? Surely that does not work inadverse conditions? Just get the ball and kick it long is proven in wet weather footy.

The scoreless quarter in the first was a first for us. Equalling our lowest score and having the lowest number of scoring shots in a match should tell you that when the conditions are poor, we usually do ok, as other teams have fared worse eg. Glenelg, West, Port this year; and other teams during the past ten years.

We better hope that Sunday will be fine, or else the sudden cockiness from the other camp will be justified!
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:55 pm

spell_check wrote:You know, we used to be a good wet weather side. Sturt used to be a poor one. Hence the reason why we won so many games against Sturt - eg. 1SF 2003; 2004 & 2005 at Unley; QF 2004; 2007 at Woodville.

Was this week a case of just adhering to the gameplan? Surely that does not work inadverse conditions? Just get the ball and kick it long is proven in wet weather footy.

The scoreless quarter in the first was a first for us. Equalling our lowest score and having the lowest number of scoring shots in a match should tell you that when the conditions are poor, we usually do ok, as other teams have fared worse eg. Glenelg, West, Port this year; and other teams during the past ten years.

We better hope that Sunday will be fine, or else the sudden cockiness from the other camp will be justified!

You know Spelly I read a lot on different forums .And I keep reading or hearing how the new game style doesn't work.
Funny its worked a treat the last two weeks in the seconds ,and the young ones took weeks to pick it up!!
Personally I hope the last two weeks have been BIG WAKE UP CALLS.
Bring back Grocke and a few others !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:59 pm

It works, but not in those conditions. The least amount of disposals is required to goals.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down