Brad Geddes Adelaide Now

5 posters

Go down

Brad Geddes Adelaide Now Empty Brad Geddes Adelaide Now

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Geddes' ACL fears

Woodville-West Torrens defender Bradley Geddes. Picture: Ray Titus. Source: The Advertiser

EAGLES defender Bradley Geddes' season appears over with scans today expected to confirm damage to his anterior cruciate ligament.

The 22-year-old was stretchered from the ground shortly before half time in Woodville-West Torrens' win against North Adelaide on Saturday.

He saw a doctor yesterday and will have scans today.

``It's terrible for him because he's starting to hit some really good form,'' coach Michael Godden said.

``He had a fantastic first half (on Saturday) and he's hard to replace (because) he's such a good user of the ball.''

Geddes was playing just his 26th league game when he suffered the injury on the outer wing at Prospect.

The 27-point win over the Roosters kept the Eagles in touch with the top three sides ahead of Saturday's huge game against Sturt.

But Godden said he was yet to decide whether his team was good enough to finish there.

``Some days I do and some days I don't,'' he said.

``I'm always shooting for the stars so I do genuinely think we're a chance, but we've had to scrape through a few wins.

``We were under no illusions at the start of the year when we had those good wins. We knew that we weren't playing great footy and against the best teams.''

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brad Geddes Adelaide Now Empty Re: Brad Geddes Adelaide Now

Post by Columbo Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Terrible news for Geds, had a great finals series in the two's last year and really stepped up this year in the league.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Can't add to that Columbo, that's the way it goes - come along nicely and then have that happen to you.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Injury Update – Bradley Geddes

Unfortunately, the WWTFC has to advise members that Bradley Geddes will have LARS surgery on Friday to repair the damaged ACL in his left knee.

Using the LARS surgery technique should mean that Geddes will be in a position to start the pre-season for the 2011 season with his team mates.

On the injury Michael Godden said β€œIt is obviously disappointing for Bradley and the Club as he was in, what most would agree, career best form and had started the game against North Adelaide in superb touch. We wish Bradley all the best with his surgery on Friday and look forward to welcoming him back to the field in 2011”.

Regards

WWTFC
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Bad luck for Geds.
I really thought that he had done his time for injuries, He's been so unlucky over the past two seasons, just when it looked as if he was on the way back, down he'd go again with another injury. I really thought that this was his year, having seen all his preason I thought the footy Gods were on his side this year, but it wasn't to be.
Good luck Geds, hope to see you join the rest of the boys again for preseason in 2011.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Well said Eagle014

Geds is a resilient and determined character, I'm sure we will see him in the tri colours next season. At least Rhett and Birdman will be around the place to offer support.
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:22 pm

Geds is doing a blog about his injury, should be an interesting read as he goes through the rehab, already has a couple of updates regarding the incident and what has happened since. The link is on the club site.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Columbo wrote:Geds is doing a blog about his injury, should be an interesting read as he goes through the rehab, already has a couple of updates regarding the incident and what has happened since. The link is on the club site.
I've just read it Columbo, I think Schultzy(Eagles Nest) might have some competition.
I'm looking forward to the next episode. This could end up being the Eagles version of ER!!!

Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down