CEO update

3 posters

Go down

CEO update  Empty CEO update

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:47 pm

FROM THE CEO
Dear Members, I hope this update finds you well. I am pleased to share that we have been diligently working behind the scenes in the Football Department to structure the 2025 men's and women's seasons. Some may question why we are planning for 2025 when we are only halfway through the 2024 season. The reason is simple: to ensure we remain ahead of the competition and focus our energy on delivering the best football programs and environment, not just for this year
but for years to come.
This leads me to share some fantastic news: the Club has successfully re-signed Joey Sinor,
PordaMo,PatickWeckertandSamesRoetorthe2025SANFLSeason,Withmore announcements to follow. This is a true testament to our players, coaches, and staff and the positive environment within the Club, reflecting the promising
direction in which we are heading. In other news, you may have come across stories in The Advertiser where SANFL club officials have shared their thoughts and positions regarding the discussions on whether Port Adelaide and Adelaide should remain in the SANFL competition and the favourable concessions the SANFL Commission is considering offering both clubs. I want to take this opportunity to
clarify our Club's position and update you on these key discussions. Firstly, it is crucial to fully understand what is being proposed before forming any opinions or making decisions. Assessing the complete impact on our Club and the SANFL league is paramount. Therefore, the WWTFC will determine its position only after thoroughly
evaluating all aspects of the proposal. At this stage, it is important to note that the League Directors have only met once, and the CEOs twice, to discuss the evolving proposal being developed by the SANFL's Future of Football working committee. These discussions are still in the early stages, and the Club
understands that nothing has been finalised yet. Unfortunately, the SANFL Management elected not to have a WWTFC representative on the SANFL Future of Football working committee, which has disappointed the Club. We are therefore awaiting the opportunity to review the proposal once it has been drafted in full and provided to the Clubs for feedback. Once we receive the document, we will conduct a thorough review to ensure that both the SANFL league and our Club remain strong and are not
disadvantaged through player movements and financial compensation. Rest assured, Club President, Christine Williams the Board and I are committed to safeguarding the best interests of the Woodville West Torrens Football Club and the SANFL competition. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available and as we
progress through this process.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Kind regards,
DAVID COUZNER
WWTFC CEO
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

CEO update  Empty Re: CEO update

Post by Titan2 Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:00 pm

I like how this CEO makes efforts to inform Members about what is going on.

I note how the club has already been proactive in heading to Melbourne to talk to our 'AFL Eagles' no doubt to gauge intentions about possible return to Adelaide if they are delisted at season's end.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:37 pm

A good communicative email by David Couzner.

Also good to get the early signings of most of our key players. I guess that Luke Thompson won't announce his decision until well after the season finishes - he will be weighing up his hunger to go again and the impact on his young family;Luke Thompson is still our best tall defender. Since we want to go all out for the premiership in 2025, his signing would be important.
I suspect the Club would like to keep the same arrangement as 2024 for 2025 with Jarrad Redden. To announce his signing might cause any other ruck hopeful to avoid our Club yet, in the interests of the Club, we would want Jarrad around for backup at least. The window of opportunity next year may be brief and if Jarrad is going to help us win the 2025 Premiership more than say, Brinker-Ritchie, then we go with Jarrad.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down