whybother
Reddeer
The Barton
35Eagles
Mickyj
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Glenelg v Eagles Glenelg oval July 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles Glenelg oval July 7

Post by Mickyj Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:43 pm

The Barton wrote:Charlie West definitely an in, replacing Weckert. Good link back to the old West Torrens

I’ll bite what’s the link Barton to west Torrens
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Eagles Glenelg oval July 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles Glenelg oval July 7

Post by The Barton Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:47 pm

Charlie is Wayne Jackson’s Grandson and Nephew of another long term Eagles supporter, John. Local lad from Henley High. Got a great mark on him.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:31 pm

"Good link back to the old West Torrens" Please explain. I'm an oldie, and forget.

whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:08 am

The Barton wrote:Charlie is Wayne Jackson’s Grandson and Nephew of another long term Eagles supporter, John. Local lad from Henley High. Got a great mark on him.

Ahh thanks Barton
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:32 am

[quote="Headfan"]
Mickyj wrote:
I like the league team
Teams

EAGLES

League

F: Beattie, Menzel, Goldsworthy

HF: McKay, Ballenden, Buck

C: McFarlane, Rowe, Rowland

HB: Morris, Fleeton, Sinor

B: Litster, Thompson, Moore

R: Redden, D’Aloia, Knight

INT: Wheare, West, Mawson, Firns, Neumann, Lukac, Herbert

IN: Goldsworthy, Herbert, Lukac, McFarlane, Menzel, Neumann, West

OUT: Pearce (Ankle), Williams (Hand), Weckert (Quad), Nicholls

NEW: Charlie West (Henley)

Reserves
F: Watson, Blair, Mair
HF: Nicholls, Cooke, Jackson
C: Fairall, Hansen, McGrath
HB: Andrews, Ueding, Wollogorang
B: Bruce, Dawkins, Angove

R: Boyd, Hann, Barkla
INT: Arthur, Tilbrook, Niemann, Davey

Under-18
F: Russell Swansson, Kilpatrick, Peucker
HF: Sumner, Hughes, Ebert
C: Parisi, Phillipou, Sands
HB: Dodd, Pearce, Cook
B: Hankins, Delmenico, McGorman

R: Hansen, Hasting, Schwarz
INT: Edwards, Gray, Hall, Hawker, Lucas, Piggott, Sauer, Willmott

Under-16
F: Maddern, Dohnt, Zerella
HF: Madigan, Marshall-Bates, Lloyd
C: Szklarz, Stokes, Carey
HB: Frantz, Harris, Buckskin
B: White, Clay, Scheuffele

R: Menta, Martin, Wolthers
INT: Daly, Grieger, James, Miller, Quinton, Southwood, Robertson, Watson

Glad to see Swannie make the cut.
Want to see the real Beattie stand up on Sunday.

Does anyone know what's happened to Zane's hand?? Hopefully it's not too bad. But be nice to know what he's done to it.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:32 am

The Barton wrote:Charlie is Wayne Jackson’s Grandson and Nephew of another long term Eagles supporter, John. Local lad from Henley High. Got a great mark on him.
Correction to above
Charlie West attended Grange Primary School and then Immanuel College (not Henley High School).
Obviously on the radar of the AFL recruiters so enjoy watching him in Eagle colours while you can.
Interesting if he gets dropped from the Eagles League, he may be required by his Immanuel School ruling to play for them ( is in Yr12) with the exception of the next 2 weeks which are School holidays.
Would expect him to play"high forward" tomorrow, 195cm 92 kg quick on lead. Not as agile as Weckert at this stage but better at standing underneath the fall of the ball and clunking the overhead marks.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:35 am

[quote="Premiers"]
Correction to above
Charlie West attended Grange Primary School and then Immanuel College (not Henley High School).
Obviously on the radar of the AFL recruiters so enjoy watching him in Eagle colours while you can.
Interesting if he gets dropped from the Eagles League, he may be required by his Immanuel School ruling to play for them ( is in Yr12) with the exception of the next 2 weeks which are School holidays.
Would expect him to play"high forward" tomorrow, 195cm 92 kg quick on lead. Not as agile as Weckert at this stage but better at standing underneath the fall of the ball and clunking the overhead marks.
But school boys football doesn't go back till the 27th. So he'd be available next week too for us.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:58 am

The Immanuel College ( and I believe all the College football ) use to be that, providing the student is playing League football or State U18 commitments, he is released from school duties. He is able to play SANFL u18 team football, of course, for the games before the College season begins, School holidays then again for the last few games of the season and SANFL U18 Finals, because the College season finishes earlier.
Many years ago there was an extraordinary event where Immanuel Yr 12 student Brad Ottens was Best on Ground playing for Glenelg's League Team and then was called upon to play for his school the next week in a important school rivalry match - that doesn't happen now. Of course, Brad Ottens went on to become an AFL star for Geelong.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:08 pm

Thanks for the correction 35, you certainly know your stuff.
Heard Sam on the wireless last night and he said he’s playing, we will wait and see
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:18 pm

[quote="The Barton"]Thanks for the correction 35, you certainly know your stuff.
Heard Sam on the wireless last night and he said he’s playing, we will wait  and see

If u follow the page Sports Association Adelaide Schools page on fb you'll see they put results up sometimes and the post says it on 27th June.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:20 pm

[quote="The Barton"]Thanks for the correction 35, you certainly know your stuff.
Heard Sam on the wireless last night and he said he’s playing, we will wait  and see

If u follow the page Sports Association Adelaide Schools page on fb you'll see they put results up sometimes and the post says it on 27th July they resume. They've just said it on the SANFL Now app for eagles under 18s just now
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:46 am

Mawson Lukac and Neumann in the bs
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:48 am

Mawson a tad unlucky I believe
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:01 pm

Yeah thought he was one of the few that played okay and at least tried to provide some sort of rebound from a slow backline. Beecken keeps dominating the VFL and nowhere near the Brisbane emergencies and its what we are lacking.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:16 pm

The Barton wrote:Mawson a tad unlucky I believe

I agree. If Sauce is trying to make a statement by dropping players that are out of form there are at least 3 obvious players still in the team today who should have been dropped before Mawson
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:18 pm

Our seconds looking at the score not doing a lot

Watch them come back
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:08 pm

Titan2 wrote:

I agree. If Sauce is trying to make a statement by dropping players that are out of form there are at least 3 obvious players still in the team today who should have been dropped before Mawson

Who are they?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:21 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

Who are they?

Actually I should have listed two players. I didn't realise Pearce was out injured. The other two are Beattie and Buck
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:12 pm

Better effort but some poor decisions and execution around/inside 50 in a tight game were costly
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:34 pm

I think some players are playing on name only and past reputation. I would like to see seconds players who are going to STAY with the eagles next year get a go. I am tired of trying youngsters who are into the draft being used before the good solid stayers.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:07 pm

IMHO, we played well in a good game where supporters must acknowledge that we are a level below Sturt, Norwood and Glenelg. Had we brought today's energy against North last week, we would have beaten North.
Other than Cook, Mawson and Neuman, there is nothing in the Seconds to excite - watching the Seconds today, our guys had a" red hot go" but poor kicking skills, inferior run compared to the young Glenelg team needs us to look elsewhere for 2025.
IMHO, Beattie returned to some form, Buck and Menzel were disappointing (again). Most of our senior players played well but poor system going forward cost us - how many times did the Tigers deliver the ball with bullet like passes on the chests of leading forwards ?
I suspect we may finish 5th ( just), maybe 6th but we're playing for 2025. Will enjoy remainder of the season with less expectation.

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:51 pm

I believe the Club’s goal at the start of the year was to simply make the top 5 and this will still happen. Norf still have to play Sturt and Norwood as we do. They won’t catch us on percentage so with 5 games to go it’s highly unlikely. We aren’t up to the same standard as the current top 3 who all have a lot more experience and depth. Whatever team we put on the park, there’s always 6 in there that aren’t quite up to it as yet. 6 is to many for us to be a serious contender. I reckon Sam realises this which is why he is experimenting and giving youngsters a go at the top level so he knows what’s he’s got next year and exactly where he needs to gap fill.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:16 pm

This year has been frustrating as IMO we have the best top talent in the competition however as mentioned in other posts the talent falls away with the last 6 or so players and with injuries it can get pretty ugly. As soon as we lost Beecken in the draft that basically ended our premiership hopes as we are lacking that quick rebound from defence to attack that we previously had. In the game today (3rd quarter) and against Centrals and North we have controlled the game in patches and then given up the momentum by the opposition getting the ball forward and then bogging the play up for long periods. That game today should have been out of their reach at 3 quarter time.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:47 pm

If the top 8 players in our team have poor days the remainder of the team is substandard and cannot step up. Hence we get walloped like last week against North. This match against Glenelg players like Knights and Rowe played very well for half the match but fell away in patches. Once more, when they dropped off our second tier was unable to stand up.

Nothing much we can do this year. There isn't any hidden diamond in the reserves we can draw upon. We just need to get consistency and stay injury free. I still hope we can make finals. On a good day I do believe we can beat anyone.

I'm not convinced that our club is going to get raided by AFL. Yes we had a number of lads who represented South Australia in them U18s but none of them did anything and they aren't dominating the regular U18s either.

Hastings, Dodd, Phillipou, West, Herbert etc I'm far from convinced that they will all get drafted. It will leave us with something to work with next year along with hopefully gaining 2 or 3 of ex Eagles coming back from the AFL.

Will be interesting to see whether the Crows attempt to go after Henry Smith at Brisbane seeing as he is coming out of contract next year and starting to string together good games. And the Crows need a ruckman.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:36 pm

There’s generally only 8 or so players drafted out of SA each year. Sid Draper is a standout and Welsh is already employed by the Crows Corporation. Herbert could be the only one we lose this year but we could get Hardie and Hayes back. The bigger danger could be the additional concessions handed to the two AFL clubs. We have another batch of talented youngsters coming through and if the concessions get through we’re in trouble.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next