Columbo
whybother
The Barton
Goddsy11
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Eagles v Norwood July 15 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles v Norwood July 15 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by The Barton Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:09 pm

I'm just glad I'm not the Coach faced with this dilemma!!
Absolutely the youth coming through needs to be our priority with selective and well researced top ups as the coach sees fit. I remember back in the Godden era where he and the club prided itself on almost having a premiership team full of locals (SA) with the exclusion of Thomo who is almost local. We nearly got there. I believe that strategy was sound and it ended up delivering two recent premierships with a few select top ups like Tsitas, Lowson, Mutch. Scouring other SANFL teams also seems to work for us - Lewis, Dabrowski, Parry, Boyd. Right back to Simon Neave in '93. It's all about the right balance I guess.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Norwood July 15 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  - Page 3 Empty Re: Eagles v Norwood July 15 Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Headfan Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:17 pm

Very good discussion guys. Another factor is whether a player (recruit or thru the juniors) is hungry for the game, the ball.
We’ve had many players who had the hunger.
To list a few:
Past Past: Powell, Cicolella, Collville, Morphet, Wiedeman, Taylor, Lindsay, Skipworth, Passador, Pesch, Grocke, etc.
Recent Past: Hayes, Tsitas, Hardie, McKenzie, Poole, Foote, Inkster, Jarrad, Lukocious, Dan Menzel, Guiffreda, Allmond (1st time), etc.
Present: Knight, Brinker-Ritchie, Rowe, Beecken, Beattie, Lehmann, D’aloia, Goldsworthy, Sinor, Nicholls, Thompson.

Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:30 pm

Ahhh. Jordan Foote. How much do we miss him and his run straight out of the guts. Need to watch the 2020 premiership again tonight against the Cheats and gloat some more.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:16 pm

Speaking of Foote, anyone know how he is going? Seems to be a wasted football talent if just playing suburban football in Sydney.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:48 pm

whybother wrote:Speaking of Foote, anyone know how he is going? Seems to be a wasted football talent if just playing suburban football in Sydney.

Not 100% sure but believe he was going to the Police Academy when he returned to Sydney, if so would have graduated by now, Wimpy may know the answer to that.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:07 am

Columbo wrote:
whybother wrote:Speaking of Foote, anyone know how he is going? Seems to be a wasted football talent if just playing suburban football in Sydney.

Not 100% sure but believe he was going to the Police Academy when he returned to Sydney, if so would have graduated by now, Wimpy may know the answer to that.

Spoke to Jordan's grandparents, he is in the NSW police force, is currently applying to be in the "star force'. Has played very little football since leaving the Eagles. Played a couple of matches with his two brothers, an odd match here and there but nothing for about 12 months, what a waste.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:20 am

wimpy wrote:
Columbo wrote:

Spoke to Jordan's grandparents, he is in the NSW police force, is currently applying to be in the "star force'. Has played very little football since leaving the Eagles. Played a couple of matches with his two brothers, an odd match here and there but nothing for about 12 months, what a waste.

I follow Jordan on social media and he seems to be having the time of his life. Does a lot of running around Sydney so he is keeping himself fit as he always has. Plenty of posts of him at the beach or at live bands/concerts. Zero about football. As Wimpy said, what an absolute waste of talent but we got a premiership out of him and a Jack Oatey medal so I'll take that.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:46 pm

I talked myself out of going today and at 1/4 time I think I chose wisely

Eagles v Norwood July 15 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  - Page 3 200_110

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:03 pm

[quote="goddy11"]I talked myself out of going today and at 1/4 time I think I chose wisely

Its far from over Jade gets cross
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:39 pm

goddy11 wrote:I talked myself out of going today and at 1/4 time I think I chose wisely

Eagles v Norwood July 15 Maughan Thiem Kia oval  - Page 3 200_110

I went left early in the third
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:04 pm

Why all the comments on todays debarkle on last weeks norwood game site. So much for tackling the ravens when they are a lot weaker. They had 9 topups but still far superior
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:30 pm

Reddeer wrote:Why all the comments on todays debarkle on last weeks norwood game site. So much for tackling the ravens when they are a lot weaker. They had 9 topups but still far superior
Ooops didn’t realise that
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:47 pm

Did anyone else catch up with Ethan ''Fish'' Hsylock. We quickly said hello to each other as he had to go to get ready for the event that night as well as a quick hug.
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:07 am

Fish hasn't played a game for Norwood all year. Groin issues.
SANFL career over, back at PNU next year I suggest.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:34 am

[quote="The Barton"]Fish hasn't played a game for Norwood all year. Groin issues.

Was nice he said hello etc
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:58 am

Eagles35 wrote:
The Barton wrote:Fish hasn't played a game for Norwood all year. Groin issues.

Was nice he said hello etc
Yes, he is a nice lad and is quite tight with his money - hence his nickname
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3