Goddsy11
The Barton
Columbo
hawke
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Glenelg v Eagles 24 April Stratarama stadium  Empty Glenelg v Eagles 24 April Stratarama stadium

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:14 pm

Seconds 5.00 pm
league 7.40 pm
Saturday April22 U 18s
U 16s 12.30pm stratama 

Ok Monday night game hopefully we have players coming back in
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Eagles 24 April Stratarama stadium  Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles 24 April Stratarama stadium

Post by hawke Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:14 pm

Collier-Dawkins might get his first league game this week having had one half of Seconds against South to get some touch plus then another 2 weeks of conditioning. Will still be short of match conditioning but could handle the HF flank (in Will Pearce's suspended absence).
Riley Knight hopefully to return and add further to our midfield allowing James Rowe to have more "resting time" up forward.
Firns to take CHB (remove his costly goalkicking skills from our forward line) sadly in the long absence of our star defender Luke Thompson.
Brinker-Ritchie might be rushed in to allow Ballenden to stay 100% of the time up forward. Agree with Titan that it limits our bench to have both Lukac and Brinker-Ritchie in the team at the same time since they don't have any aerial skills to play a key position but I'm thinking that Brinker-Ritchie's centre circle will be important. And we need to fast-track BOTH Brinker-Ritchie and Lukac (accepting that we're not going to play in the grandfinal this year).
I would like to see Weckert develop some confidence and exert some influence in the Seconds for 2-3 games.
Oh, almost forgot a useful inclusion this week - Dan Menzel.
Not a bad looking this team this week. Our attack on the ball was good against South - just lacked polish and talent despite our huge handicap in the height/overhead marking. This week more class and hopefully same intent even if we're shorter again without Thompson.
Go Eagles!
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v Eagles 24 April Stratarama stadium  Empty Re: Glenelg v Eagles 24 April Stratarama stadium

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:06 pm

hawke wrote:Collier-Dawkins might get his first league game this week having had one half of Seconds against South to get some touch plus then another 2 weeks of conditioning. Will still be short of match conditioning but could handle the HF flank (in Will Pearce's suspended absence).
Riley Knight hopefully to return and add further to our midfield allowing James Rowe to have more "resting time" up forward.
Firns to take CHB (remove his costly goalkicking skills from our forward line) sadly in the long absence of our star defender Luke Thompson.
Brinker-Ritchie might be rushed in to allow Ballenden to stay 100% of the time up forward. Agree with Titan that it limits our bench to have both Lukac and Brinker-Ritchie in the team at the same time since they don't have any aerial skills to play a key position but I'm thinking that Brinker-Ritchie's centre circle will be important. And we need to fast-track BOTH Brinker-Ritchie and Lukac (accepting that we're not going to play in the grandfinal this year).
I would like to see Weckert develop some confidence and exert some influence in the Seconds for 2-3 games.
Not a bad looking this team this week. Our attack on the ball was good against South - just lacked polish and talent despite our huge handicap in the height/overhead marking. This week more class and hopefully same intent even if we're shorter again without Thompson.
Go Eagles!

Thanks Hawke I like that gives me something to think about before the game
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:49 pm

Patrick Weckert was one player not to have a game off last weekend, kicked 4.1 in the Under 18's loss on Friday Night
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:27 pm

Thomo recovering well I believe and may miss 4 or 5 games.
Nothing official from the club to my knowledge but Dane McFarlane did a good job on his knee - did his ACL and PCL and will be watching Netflix for the next 6 weeks.
Lehmann will come in for Thomo and you’d expect Menzel D and RCD to come in as a minimum. Toumpas fit to play next game (so far) but I’d expect him to come back via the 2’s. Weckert may be promoted to the 2’s as well next game.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:35 pm

Just had a listen to tonight's Eagles Radio.

Rory said he is good to go as are Toump, RCD and Dan Menzel, said he wasn't sure about Knighta.

Goldy will move to second on the list of most games played this week.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:40 pm

How did I forget Knighter!
Yes, would think he’d be good to go this week as well and he’d go straight into the A’s I’m sure
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:11 pm

The Barton wrote:How did I forget Knighter!
Yes, would think he’d be good to go this week as well and he’d go straight into the A’s I’m sure

Gather round has probably been beneficial for a few of our boys.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:28 pm

Rowey will line up for his 50th SANFL game on Monday night at Glenelg.

Debuting in 2018, the 2020 Premiership player and Ken Farmer Medalist has returned to the Eagles this year after a 2 year AFL stint, and has been up to his old tricks so far in 2023, averaging 28 disposals per game whilst still hitting the scoreboard over the first 2 rounds.

Go well Jimmy!!!

#EaglesWWTFC #TogetherWeFly2023
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:12 pm

EAGLES
League
F: Williams, Weckert, Goldsworthy
HF: Beattie, D. Menzel, Knight
C: Pudney, Collier-Dawkins, Sinor
HB: Buck, Lehmann, Beecken
B: Rowland, Bruce, Litster

R: Ballenden, Hardie, Rowe
INT: Firns, Mawson, Comitogianni, Brinker-Ritchie, D’Aloia, Toumpas, Cooke, Nicholls, Lukac
IN: Brinker-Ritchie, Collier-Dawkins, Cooke, Knight, Lehmann, D. Menzel, Nicholls, Toumpas
OUT: McFarlane (Knee), Pearce (Suspended), Thompson (Jaw)
NEW: David Brinker-Ritchie (Box Hill), Riley Collier-Dawkins (Richmond), Lukas Cooke (Henley), Sam Nicholls (Min-Man)
MILESTONE: James Rowe (50 games)

Reserves
F: Blair, Cameron, Siney
HF: Neumann, Sladojevic, Angove
C: O’Reilly, Adams, Tilley
HB: Dawkins, Williams, Hansen
B: Studham, Ueding, Hill

R: Hunter-Price, Hoile, Lonergan
INT: Calvett, Norman, Arthur

Under-18
F: Capogreco, Niemann, Davey
HF: Carroll, Menta, Schwarz
C: Toole, Fairall, Charles
HB: Dodd, Harris, Hudson
B: Thomson, Delmenico, Andrews

R: Luck, Mair, Herbert
INT: K. Hansen, Godlevsky, Hankins, Jackson, Lucas, McKay, Thompson, Tilbrook, Walshaw

Under-16
F: Kovacic, Wilson, Maddern
HF: Chalubek, Hartley-Brown, Russell-Swanson
C: Young, Sands, Stubing
HB: Jamieson, Hughes, Willmott
B: McGorman, Scholes, Scolyer

R: Rayner, Cook, Peucker
INT: Dohnt, Harris, Hobbs, Lawry, Marshall-Bates, McKay, Rawlings, White
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:26 pm

Some great ins this getting a spot in the league has just gotten harder
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:34 pm

9 on the bench. wtf.

Still no Tyler Welsh?

Last edited by goddy11 on Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:37 pm

I’m goddy11 wrote:9 on the bench. wtf.
Yeah bloody big bench must be waiting on the weather or something else
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:17 pm

Copied from FB

We can confirm at least one Eagles debutant for Monday night’s League game…

Riley Collier-Dawkins will play his first SANFL match after making his way to the Eagles in 2023 from AFL club Richmond.

We can’t wait to see him in action 💪 

#EaglesWWTFC #TogetherWeFly2023
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:21 pm

Looking forward to seeing Collier-Dawkins play his first match. I think he could add a point of difference to our side and play a role that Lonergan played for us the last few year but with extra mobility.

Given the long i/c bench named hopefully all of Knight, Lehmann, Menzel and Toumpas are available. History tells us that whenever we name a long bench it's not because we are playing games - a number of players are obviously under an injury cloud and are on the edge of pulling out. Of those named I would have thought Toumpas and Knight would be the biggest risk

Can someone tell me about Nicholls? He was named on the i/c bench against South before dropping out. Is he a new recruit this year? What position does he play? I haven't noticed his name in the reserves.

On another note, fantastic to see Cameron being named in the reserves. Can he play more than two games in a row before getting injured? From the handful of games he played in our first year he is definitely in our best side - moreso this year with our lack of key position players. They need to 'thrash him' in the reserves for a good 5-6 games as a test before considering him for league selection. If he breaks down again I'd suggest the club might lose patience with him.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:25 pm

hawke wrote:Collier-Dawkins might get his first league game this week having had one half of Seconds against South to get some touch plus then another 2 weeks of conditioning. Will still be short of match conditioning but could handle the HF flank (in Will Pearce's suspended absence).
Go Eagles!

Hawke I agree with your comment about shifting Firns to the backlines. I've been saying for a while now that Firns cannot be used in our forward line. Not because he doesn't compete but because he simply doesn't kick goals - he's highly inaccurate and can only kick it 40m.

His value to to the team is as a lock down midfielder/defender or the very occasional pinch hit in the ruck, all roles that he plays very well.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:17 pm

Titan2 wrote:
Can someone tell me about Nicholls? He was named on the i/c bench against South before dropping out. Is he a new recruit this year? What position does he play? I haven't noticed his name in the reserves.

Sam is 19 years old, played 16 games in the 2's last year and has played both this season think he played at least 1 of the trials in the ones. Has been around the club since the under 16's.
Little fella, plays across the middle mainly.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:54 pm

Columbo wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

Sam is 19 years old, played 16 games in the 2's last year and has played both this season think he played at least 1 of the trials in the ones. Has been around the club since the under 16's.

Just went to the WWTFC website to check his details out. Must be a small barrel by those details, not very tall. Shocked  Very Happy

HEIGHT:
70cm
WEIGHT:
172kg
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:29 pm

How the cycle of team strengths happen!
2020, 2021 big heavy weight Jarred Redden was contesting the higher leaping, lighter, younger ruckman and mostly winning (largely responsible for our 2 Premierships). Now, we're the ones with the high leaping ruckman, Brinker-Ritchie contesting against the anchored heavy weights. Brinker-Ritchie will do well at the centre-bounces where he's unimpeded but will struggle against the heavier ruckman at the ballups around the ground. But with an average of 16 centre bounces (or throwups) per game, he'll still have an important role. Last season in the VFL, he was averaging 1-2 disposals/game and we'll need to be patient for that to improve. It'll be interesting, watching his development.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:38 pm

Should read ".... average of 26 centre-bounces(ball-ups) per game"
So that's even better for his present role.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:43 pm

Ogoddy11 wrote:
Columbo wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

Just went to the WWTFC website to check his details out. Must be a small barrel by those details, not very tall. Shocked  Very Happy

HEIGHT:
70cm
WEIGHT:
172kg

😂😂 someone didn’t check that when they put it up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:46 pm

Premiers wrote:How the cycle of team strengths happen!  
2020, 2021 big heavy weight Jarred Redden was contesting the higher leaping, lighter, younger ruckman and mostly winning (largely responsible for our 2 Premierships). Now, we're the ones with the high leaping ruckman, Brinker-Ritchie contesting against the anchored heavy weights. Brinker-Ritchie will do well at the centre-bounces where he's unimpeded but will struggle against the heavier ruckman at the ballups around the ground. But with an average of 16 centre bounces (or throwups) per game, he'll still have an important role. Last season in the VFL, he was averaging 1-2 disposals/game and we'll need to be patient for that to improve. It'll be interesting, watching his development.

Young, skinny ruckman who goes well at centre bounces but gets outmuscled around the ground and only averages 1-2 disposals per game. Is there a reason why we recruited him rather than investing in Phillips who is already on our list who seems to share these traits........?
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:48 pm

Brinker-Ritchie would jump over the top of Phillips from what I saw at training and in the trial game.
Hell! After "pumping up his tyres", I hope he doesn't let me down.
But I'm sitting here watching TV Central vs Crows and seeing big full forward ex WWT Dale Pearce looking good in 1st Q ! And big ruckman Hugo Munn, recruited from Sturt. So the big strong guys are out there if we want them.
I notice that Kaelen Bradtke who we almost had, but lost in the AFL pre-season draft, hasn't played an AFL game yet and may be available at end of season -big 196cm 22yr old CHF/CHB.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:49 pm

Premiers wrote:Brinker-Ritchie would jump over the top of Phillips from what I saw at training and in the trial game.
Hell!  After "pumping up his tyres", I hope he doesn't let me down.
But I'm sitting here watching TV Central vs Crows and seeing big full forward ex WWT Dale Pearce  looking good in 1st Q ! And big ruckman Hugo Munn, recruited from Sturt. So the big strong guys are out there if we want them.
I notice that Kaelen Bradtke who we almost had, but lost in the AFL pre-season draft, hasn't played an AFL  game yet and may be available at end of season -big 196cm 22yr old CHF/CHB.

Pearce looked solid early but didn't see alot of him after quarter time, 6 kicks, 5 marks and 1.3 for the day, fairly similar to his games in the 2's for us.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:52 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Columbo wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

HEIGHT:
70cm
WEIGHT:
172kg

Yeah, as are many others across the league unless they have started fixing them, there were more incorrect than correct when I looked a week or so ago although the majority of ours seemed OK.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next