LoudEagleHooligan
carrots12
wedgetail
MightyEagles
Mickyj
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sturt vs Eagles Saturday 17th April House Brothers Empty Sturt vs Eagles Saturday 17th April House Brothers

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:13 am

Post away guys
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sturt vs Eagles Saturday 17th April House Brothers Empty Re: Sturt vs Eagles Saturday 17th April House Brothers

Post by MightyEagles Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:38 am

I might be able to get to this game as I think the Juniors are playing on Sunday.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Sturt vs Eagles Saturday 17th April House Brothers Empty Re: Sturt vs Eagles Saturday 17th April House Brothers

Post by wedgetail Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:02 am

I feel we will have similar problems to last year, Sturt will be too quick for us and run us off our feet.
wedgetail
wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:12 pm

I wonder with schultz of the Power getting injured if they will take Salter this week .
also think its time for Allmond to come in and if not this week then soon for Jimmy Stewart.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:53 pm

I am going to tip us in an upset. Having said that, we are not going to be at our best for at least another 5 - 6 weeks when we get all of our players playing and understanding of our game style. So more important for me will be our effort.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by LoudEagleHooligan Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:17 pm

carrots12 wrote:I am going to tip us in an upset. Having said that, we are not going to be at our best for at least another 5 - 6 weeks when we get all of our players playing and understanding of our game style. So more important for me will be our effort.

Look @ the premiership Table mate, UPSET???
The only person 'upset' on Saturday will be ME if we don't win!

Please, They failed to beat EITHER North or South - we should be going there 'chocfull' of confidence!

If Godden gets the STRUCTURE of the team right, & the players focus on EXECUTION, they should win quite easily - this has been the problem with the club (in BIG matches over the years, BELIEF)

I am sure Centrals supporters (lets remember they too are 2 & zip) wouldn't be saying "I'm going to tip us in an UPSET" Rolling Eyes
LoudEagleHooligan
LoudEagleHooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm

The premiership table looks great, LEH. But at the moment, I think we have to be the worst team form wise to ever be on top of the ladder at any stage of the season!
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:09 pm

LoudEagleHooligan wrote:
carrots12 wrote:I am going to tip us in an upset. Having said that, we are not going to be at our best for at least another 5 - 6 weeks when we get all of our players playing and understanding of our game style. So more important for me will be our effort.

Please, They failed to beat EITHER North or South - we should be going there 'chocfull' of confidence!

If Godden gets the STRUCTURE of the team right, & the players focus on EXECUTION, they should win quite easily - this has been the problem with the club (in BIG matches over the years, BELIEF)

I am sure Centrals supporters (lets remember they too are 2 & zip) wouldn't be saying "I'm going to tip us in an UPSET" Rolling Eyes

But they did beat last year's minor premier and the table you are referring to is the table after 2 rounds where we have played the two teams who will clearly finish out of the 5. We haven't beaten them in our last 5 or 6 tries and Sturt annihalated us in the minor round matches last year. If we win, most will think it is an upset - it doesn't mean that I dont have high expectations.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:11 am

LoudEagleHooligan wrote:

Are you talking about me or yourself.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:13 pm

No doubt Sturt will be favourites, so if we win technically it would be an upset.
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:30 pm

LoudEagleHooligan wrote:

I am starting to agree with Loud Eagle here.We need to have as fans supporters etc
to have an attitude like every centrals fan has.We are sitting top we are going to unley this week .Wasn't that far back they struggled to beat us for many many years.
Pretty certain sturt wont start 2/3 extra players in our forward line .the running game should work .I am very interested to see how it goes on a tiny dog park like unley.
Also interested to see who we lose to the afl.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Power selections will have a big effect on us this week. 1. Nick Salter, classy SANFL forward is too small for a key AFL forward and not sufficiently elusive for a F Pocket of HF flank - hence Williams trying him in the backlines in the NAB Cup. Expect the Eagles to retain him. 2. Mitch Banner may be ousted this week (or shortly) by the imminent return of Robbie Gray, Roden and soon Hartlett. Just what the Doctor ordered!!!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Premiers wrote:Power selections will have a big effect on us this week. 1. Nick Salter, classy SANFL forward is too small for a key AFL forward and not sufficiently elusive for a F Pocket of HF flank - hence Williams trying him in the backlines in the NAB Cup. Expect the Eagles to retain him. 2. Mitch Banner may be ousted this week (or shortly) by the imminent return of Robbie Gray, Roden and soon Hartlett. Just what the Doctor ordered!!!

Would enjoy the return of Banner.Not certain Roden is fit with that knee if it was the left one.He left the oval twice on Saturday limping !!
I wonder if any of Adelaide's injuries will force JJ to get a call up .Or would the crows be forced to elevate Thompson ,who appeared at sea this week(after a good first up game) .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Let's hope the Crows take Jarrhan!!! Sadly, he doesn't appear to be putting in the effort and the Eagles, Crows or he should consider a transfer to another SANFL Club before he is delisted at the end of the year - from the Eagles perspective, it would free up a position for another player who wants to play for the Club - won't chase, poor kick, and poor at second efforts. Seems to be missing many games this year (and last) without being listed as injured. Hope the lad hasn't got home-sickness problems? Wish him all the best and sincerely hope that he can turn it around.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Don't forget Eagle supporters. Get to Unley Oval Saturday to support the team & cheer on Adam Grocke for his 100th league game. Congratulations & well done Grockes.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Eagle014 wrote:Don't forget Eagle supporters. Get to Unley Oval Saturday to support the team & cheer on Adam Grocke for his 100th league game. Congratulations & well done Grockes.

Congrats Grockes...a very underrated player IMO by many but has been great for our club.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:29 am

Adam Grocke, congratulations on the upcoming 100. Some games, touches of brilliance, some games (like last Saturday) very quiet but ALWAYS doing the hard chasing, tackling and team thing. A deserving addition to the leadership group this year with even higher honours to come.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Team Selections

Seniors - Eagles vs Sturt

Round: 4
Date: 17/04/2010
Ground: House Bros Oval
Rowntree Welsh Goldsworthy

Lewis Grocke Salter

Allmond Powell Cheep

Broadbent Miles Jarrad

Rimington Grieger McKenzie

Ruck Guilhaus, Cicolella, Treeby

Interchange
Staple, Geddes, Hill, Day
Emergency Corbett

Reserves
Lane Dawson Hoban
Z Fitzgerald Heinjus Symmons
McMahon Stewart Jacky
Schultz Culley Thompson
Daniel Killian Giuffreda

Ruck Redden, Hicks, Davoren

Interchange
Batley, J Polec, Graham,
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 pm

I suppose I get my wish with this team Cheep on the wing and Allmond in Very Happy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:15 pm

The team does not look too bad. I'm surprised that a) Thompson was dropped. B) Day has been included before Corbett C) Dawson has not been promoted, especially as Welsh has not found his touch (yet)
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Flash wrote:The team does not look too bad. I'm surprised that a) Thompson was dropped. B) Day has been included before Corbett C) Dawson has not been promoted, especially as Welsh has not found his touch (yet)

IMHO Thompson looked at sea against Norwood he was fantastic against Port.
Day would cover Salter as Salter is an emergency for the PAPS
Welsh needed the run Dawson is to small to play FF at league level IMHO.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Good list and expect the team to line up in different positionsas below
FF Welsh Salter Goldsworthy
HF Staples Grocke Treeby
C Allmond Powell Cheep
HB Lewis Hill Jarrad
FB Rimington Greiger Broadbent

1R Guilhaus, McKenzie, Cicollela
2R Miles, Broadbent, Treeby

res Miles, Geddes, Rowntree
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Went to training tonight left just before 7pm.From what we saw Corbet and Day playing seconds .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Col D Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 pm

On the radio they said Banner back to us. Was he at training Micky?

Col D
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Didnt see him CD
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next