Reddeer
Goddsy11
spell_check
Aerie
Mickyj
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eagles V Bulldogs Maughan Thiem Kia Oval September 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles V Bulldogs Maughan Thiem Kia Oval September 4

Post by wimpy Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:28 am

hawke wrote:Aerie,  your side looks good but for a very slow HF line - don't think Firns can be played alongside Hayes but play Firns CHF when Hayes is rucking.  I  would drop von Bertouch for Cameron at FF - this gives our forward line much more speed and flexibility. Vonnie just isn't finding the ball and having little impact. Lehman to play CHB.

I would give Cameron and McFarlane another run in the reserves to gain the best touch and fitness possible. Von Bertouch is my only worry, maybe a run in the reserves would benefit him greatly. I would relegate Litster and Vonny and bring in Thompson and D. Menzel to possibly play FF. This way we are keeping a relatively fit and confident team. We have a second chance if needed, to readjust.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Eagles V Bulldogs Maughan Thiem Kia Oval September 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles V Bulldogs Maughan Thiem Kia Oval September 4

Post by hawke Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:01 am

I agree that Cameron may be underdone - hence, positioning him at FF where he wouldn't be doing as much running as in other positions. Noted that he was recruited as a forward, having been NEAFL Team of Year CHF and a couple of nominations for NEAFL Mark of Year.
Re "we have a second chance" comment, I would hope not to use the second chance card so early into the Finals. I would take a chance on the skills of an 75% match fit Cameron over the output that we have been getting from Vonnie.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2