MightyEagles
Columbo
spell_check
eaglehaslanded
Mickyj
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final  Norwood vs Eagles Sunday 26th September  Empty Preliminary Final Norwood vs Eagles Sunday 26th September

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Well what can I say .I didn't expect to get this far .
BUT WE ARE HERE !!!!!
I expect a couple of changes perhaps with the power boys coming
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final  Norwood vs Eagles Sunday 26th September  Empty Re: Preliminary Final Norwood vs Eagles Sunday 26th September

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Unfortunately, the Club can confirm that both Leigh Treeby (Ankle – structural damage) and Scott Lewis (Shoulder – AC joint) suffered season ending injuries during yesterdays match versus Glenelg. Both are likely to have surgery this week with a view to returning to pre-season training before Christmas.

We are hopeful that Jarrad Redden (concussion) and Trent Hentschel (hamstring cramp) will be available for this week’s Preliminary Final versus Norwood. Both players will face fitness tests later in the week.

Matthew Broadbent has recovered well from the quad injury he sustained in the final minor round match of the AFL season with the Power. The Club is expecting a decision from the Power medical staff on his availability in the next 48 hours.

Nick Salter will present to Power medical staff on Wednesday with a view to commencing a running program proving he is over the calf injury that saw him miss the final minor round match of the AFL season. The intention of which is to be available on Sunday.

Both Matthew and Nick are keen to prove their fitness to be involved in our Finals campaign and as players who came through our junior program before being drafted, we appreciate their commitment to our Club.

Regards

Chris Davies

CEO
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final  Norwood vs Eagles Sunday 26th September  Empty Re: Preliminary Final Norwood vs Eagles Sunday 26th September

Post by eaglehaslanded Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Can our good finals form hold for a third week in a row. We have been very impressive in the first two weeks, hopefuly we have another two weeks left. I am worried about the injuries to Treeby, Lewis, Hentschel and Redden and how that will effect us moving forward.
eaglehaslanded
eaglehaslanded

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Something I must say, I was a bit critical of Redden a few weeks back. While I still don't think he should be a forward target, having a look at the last 20-25 minutes I've got on tape, he looks good around the middle of the ground.

I'd say, if you need both ruckmen on the ground at a time (confident of Redden retaining his place), put Parry up forward.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Reds played some good games in the Twos when he was one on one out of the goal sqaure, his skills for a big bloke are pretty good IMO, just seems as though his motor isnt that big ....yet.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:13 pm

spell_check wrote:Something I must say, I was a bit critical of Redden a few weeks back. While I still don't think he should be a forward target, having a look at the last 20-25 minutes I've got on tape, he looks good around the middle of the ground.

I'd say, if you need both ruckmen on the ground at a time (confident of Redden retaining his place), put Parry up forward.

I think 3 players (at least) surprised most of u fans last sunday.Redden,Cheep and Allmond.I hope all play this week against Norwood.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Columbo wrote:Reds played some good games in the Twos when he was one on one out of the goal sqaure, his skills for a big bloke are pretty good IMO, just seems as though his motor isnt that big ....yet.

I took notice of him up forward in the 1st Semi in 2008 of the Reserves. He does have what it takes in the Ressies, but I haven't seen that forward play in the League yet. I guess, I'm kind of hoping we make every card a winner in order to progress, because it will be decidedly harder next week! Still being positive about it though, because that's a trait which has got us rolling.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Mickyj wrote:
spell_check wrote:Something I must say, I was a bit critical of Redden a few weeks back. While I still don't think he should be a forward target, having a look at the last 20-25 minutes I've got on tape, he looks good around the middle of the ground.

I think 3 players (at least) surprised most of u fans last sunday.Redden,Cheep and Allmond.I hope all play this week against Norwood.

So do I. There's no reason to drop any of them, and you would expect the only changes will be forced ones.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:17 am

U18s are also playing at AAMI on Sunday from 9.10 am. So it'll be a long day for me.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 am

Two coaches that I admire (Blighty and Jan Sterling), both hold the same sporting philosophy.
“I expect to win every game that I coach. If one of my athletes is injured, I expect the incoming player to step up.” On face value it may appear a little arrogant, but the message is a positive one. We will have 18 boys on the park on Sunday, if they play with same team-orientated commitment as evident over the past two games, then there is every chance the Eagles could be playing in a another GF the week after.
Let’s not entertain any elements of doubt about injuries etc. Whoever takes to the park in an Eagle top CAN get the job done.
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Flash wrote:Two coaches that I admire (Blighty and Jan Sterling), both hold the same sporting philosophy.
“I expect to win every game that I coach. If one of my athletes is injured, I expect the incoming player to step up.” On face value it may appear a little arrogant, but the message is a positive one. We will have 18 boys on the park on Sunday, if they play with same team-orientated commitment as evident over the past two games, then there is every chance the Eagles could be playing in a another GF the week after.
Let’s not entertain any elements of doubt about injuries etc. Whoever takes to the park in an Eagle top CAN get the job done.

Yep flash thats the positive attitude we as a club need to promote.And it should then carry onto the field !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/eagles-may-take-selection-risk/story-e6freckc-1225927364626

This says that both Hentschel and Redden will also miss. Although it would be nice to hear it from the club as official word either way.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:33 pm

spell_check wrote:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/eagles-may-take-selection-risk/story-e6freckc-1225927364626

This says that both Hentschel and Redden will also miss. Although it would be nice to hear it from the club as official word either way.

Thanks for posting the article Spelly
7 just said Salter is still awaiting a clearance from the doctor
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Robert Shirley BOG Alex Jesaulenko Medal playing for Ainslie (Canberra League) last Saturday Sept 20th - maybe we can grab him for next Saturday (ha ha)
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglehaslanded Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Matthew Broadbent has been cleared by the Power and is keen to pull on a blue, green and gold jumper which is good to hear. Salter still needs to be cleared, maybe the Power will choose to take a more cautious approach with him. He maybe too much of a risk considering he hasn't even started a running programme yet. With Redden now out what does this mean. Who are our other big man options - Biglands?, Goss, Hill, Hoban. Goldsworthy, Lane and Day would perhaps be the others in the mix to replace Treeby, Lewis and Hentschel.
eaglehaslanded
eaglehaslanded

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Expect Hoban to replace Redden and (I wince) Stuart Hill to replace Hentschel. Hill has been disappointing this season after showing a bit last year and it would be a gamble but he has shown that he has got it in him for a big game whereas Aaron Day hasn't (Day's work-rate and body language needs to improve). Broadbent to replace Lewis and no thoughts on who to replace Treeby. If Salter is declared fit, then Godden has indicated he'll play him and why not - all this talk about him not having played for 4 weeks - playing him out of the goalsquare and he'll still be value.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 pm

eaglehaslanded wrote:Matthew Broadbent has been cleared by the Power and is keen to pull on a blue, green and gold jumper which is good to hear. Salter still needs to be cleared, maybe the Power will choose to take a more cautious approach with him. He maybe too much of a risk considering he hasn't even started a running programme yet. With Redden now out what does this mean. Who are our other big man options - Biglands?, Goss, Hill, Hoban. Goldsworthy, Lane and Day would perhaps be the others in the mix to replace Treeby, Lewis and Hentschel.

I read somewhere Miles is fit or should be fit by sunday.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EaglesFan18 Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:14 pm

If Miles Is fit that would be a giant boost for us
EaglesFan18
EaglesFan18

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleonly Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Hope you are all feeling a little edgie as I am today.
To every one other than EAGLES SUPPORTERS, this is just another prelim final! Shoot it isnt to us is it? Hell I hope that Toddy Miles pulls up ok, because he is important to our team. As for the selections we have to leave that in the hands of Godds and Co, they have not let us down this season, just so proud of where we have got this year, can we ask for JUST ONE MORE WEEK, (and then one more!!)
Ok got it out of the system, lets get on the bus again!!!
Eagleonly
Eagleonly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Eagleonly wrote:Hope you are all feeling a little edgie as I am today.
To every one other than EAGLES SUPPORTERS, this is just another prelim final! Shoot it isnt to us is it? Hell I hope that Toddy Miles pulls up ok, because he is important to our team. As for the selections we have to leave that in the hands of Godds and Co, they have not let us down this season, just so proud of where we have got this year, can we ask for JUST ONE MORE WEEK, (and then one more!!)

sure am Eagleonly hump day today .so not that long a wait
Anyone going to training at Footy Park this week ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Mickyj wrote:

Ok Eagleonly I'm on your bus. Agree re selection I'm glad it's not up to me.
Yes we should be proud of what our boys have done this year, each week since end of home & away has been a bonus.
See you at footy park tomorrow night Mickyj
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Eagle014 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Ok Eagleonly I'm on your bus. Agree re selection I'm glad it's not up to me.
Yes we should be proud of what our boys have done this year, each week since end of home & away has been a bonus.
See you at footy park tomorrow night Mickyj

You sure will Eagle14.
Fingers eyes toes and anything else crossed we stay alive another week!!
GO YOU EAGLES
GO"GODS" GOLDEN ARMY
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EaglesFan18 Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:45 pm

9. Polec 30. Welsh 8. Cheep

37. Hentschel 14. Grocke 30. Salter

11. Allmond 25. Rimington 3. Jarrad

57. McKenzie 6. Thompson 45. Giuffreda

26. Symmons 18. Grieger 17. Smith

Ruck
4. Parry
51. Cicolella
7. Powell

Interchange
15. Rowntree
39. Miles
10. Daniel
20. Day
32. Rayner

Ins
Daniel, Miles, Salter, Day, Rayner
Outs Redden, Lewis, Treeby

A couple of odd picks. Miles and Salter in and no Broadbent
EaglesFan18
EaglesFan18

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglehaslanded Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Ineresting non-selection of Matthew Broadbent Rolling Eyes

Also thought Goldsworthy might have been a chance to be included this week as well.

Perhaps a chance for a late change.
eaglehaslanded
eaglehaslanded

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:40 pm

eaglehaslanded wrote:Ineresting non-selection of Matthew Broadbent Rolling Eyes

Also thought Goldsworthy might have been a chance to be included this week as well.

Perhaps a chance for a late change.

Matthew Broadbent is not fit is what i heard at training more media bullshitting
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next