Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 12 September @ Adelaide Oval

5 posters

Go down

Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 12 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 12 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:31 am

Eagles v Sturt
Sunday 11 September
Adelaide Oval
3:10pm

Reserves second semi final
Norwood V Eagles
2.10 norwood oval sept 10th

Last edited by Mickyj on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 12 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 12 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:17 am

Slight error there Mickyj
Eagles V Sturt on the 11th September

Also the Under 18 play at AAMI on
Saturday 10th at 11.25am

Funny its a big call that Norwood get a home final in the reserves. Well done SANFL again.

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 12 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Second Semi Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 12 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Mickyj Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:10 pm

goddy11 wrote:Slight error there Mickyj
Eagles V Sturt on the 11th September

Also the Under 18 play at AAMI on
Saturday 10th at 11.25am

Funny its a big call that Norwood get a home final in the reserves. Well done SANFL again.

thanks Goddy 11 im leaving your post up for the under 18s ive fixed my mistake up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:44 pm

Woodville-West Torrens forward Lachlan McGregor has made a successful recovery to be named for Sunday’s Second Semi-Final against Sturt at Adelaide Oval.
The livewire goalsneak broke his arm against Glenelg in Round 21 but has proven his fitness to be named in the Eagles’ 23-man squad.
Listed on the five-man extended interchange bench, McGregor will provide his side with some much-needed scoring punch after managing just six goals against Norwood in Round 22.
Versatile youngster Jack Hayes has also been named on the pine, Eagles coach Michael Godden liking the former McDonald’s SA Under-18 utility’s flexibility to play in multiple roles.
Godden has resisted the temptation to play star midfielder James Boyd, who suffered a broken collarbone in the same match against the Tigers.
Boyd is more likely to play in the SANFL Grand Final should the Eagles qualify.

F: O’Brien, Redden, N. Hayes
HF: Gaffney, Ainger, Rowland
C: Goldsworthy, Poole, Hall
HB: Jarrad, Von Bertouch, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Petrenko, Rowntree
INT: Wundke, McGregor, Press, Lewis, J. Hayes
IN: McGregor, J. Hayes
Saturday September 10
Coopers Stadium – 2.10pm

EAGLES
F: Jolly, Raikiwasa, Comitogianni
HF: Stengle, Summerton, Whittlesea
C: Woods, Sinor, B. Ellis
HB: G. Ellis, McPherson, M. Raymond
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Batley

R: Cox, Yarran, Haylock
INT: L. Hayes, Smith, Giles, Westbrook

MACCA’S CUP U18 PRELIMINARY FINAL
Saturday September 10 at 11.25am (Football Park)

Woodville-West Torrens
F: Longbottom, Hoare, Creeper
HF: Weidemann, Moller, Mead
C: Goold, W. McPherson, Georgeson
HB: Redden, Lee, Wehr
B: Holman, Lukosius, Bondarenko

R: Baqeri, Gaffney, Rowe
INT: Beecken, Cook, Coxon, Drummond, Friend, Hoyle, Moore, Miller, Wood

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:49 pm

None of the interchange players named were in todays seconds match so I suspect 2 players drop out tomorrow. May not chance McGregor.  Is Wundke injured as he is named on bench.

Todays Reserves team

35 J.Sinor
43 T.Stengle
31 E.Haylock
28 HJolly
23 B Ellis
27 B.Cox
21 N.Batley
4 M.Raymond
34 R.Woods
38 J.Elsworthy
47 J.Heinjus
36 N.Yarran
39 J.Firns
30 A.Mcpherson
22 J.Summerton
41 L.Smith
25 A.Raikiwasa
37 C.Giles
20 T.Whittlesea
40 L.Hayes
46 G.Ellis
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:34 am

goddy11 wrote:None of the interchange players named were in todays seconds match so I suspect 2 players drop out tomorrow. May not chance McGregor.  Is Wundke injured as he is named on bench.

Todays Reserves team

35 J.Sinor
43 T.Stengle
31 E.Haylock
28 HJolly
23 B Ellis
27 B.Cox
21 N.Batley
4 M.Raymond
34 R.Woods
38 J.Elsworthy
47 J.Heinjus
36 N.Yarran
39 J.Firns
30 A.Mcpherson
22 J.Summerton
41 L.Smith
25 A.Raikiwasa
37 C.Giles
20 T.Whittlesea
40 L.Hayes
46 G.Ellis

Thanks Goddy I wonder if there is an injury cloud or the eagles are not taking chances and unlike 2015 keeping players back just in case
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:49 am

It was a good game which we controlled and but did dominated. Sturt made a few distribution errors that cost and wow did Lauchy tackle well with a broken arm. Our defence I rated sound to great. Luke and Patrick  G played top games as did the rest.  I though Jackson Press  was out of his depth and Wundke well held. He still has not won me over. Special mention to Nick Hayes who was everywhere.
Godden says O'Brien will be back and hopefully Boyd.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:18 pm

Thought Raymo was good yesterday too. The desperation from everyone to pressure them yesterday was excellent.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:47 pm

If we had the player of the year running, I'd have gone for:
5) Poole
4) von Bertouch
3) Thompson
2) Raymond
1) McGregor

Hayes, Ainger, and half a dozen others could have got my votes, but I can only choose 5!

Simply, the players who set the match up early were Poole and McGregor - both were so desperate in attack and when Sturt had the ball.  I rate von Bertouch highly, and the rest of the defence played superb.  Sturts goals came about either from a couple of discretions, and some slick work out of the centre by Sturt.  That is about the only area we need to work on - centre clearances...our midfield doesn't have so much trouble finding the ball, as getting it out of the centre.  If that was Crows reserves, our defence would have been working triple time.

What has been overlooked was the run down by Gaffney in the 1st, and then to get a goal from it - that would inspire any team.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:59 am

Sorry guys i was at the game but spent a deal of yesterday in the ER.
I must say Gaffney surprised in the first term as did Poole that goal i still have trouble thinking that was a kick . And press showed promise .
Was anyone else aware in the first quarter the talls were at the full forward line which allowed the smalls to have rein along the half forward line .
Ainger was being held onto in front of the umpire at times one arm pulled behind him no frees.
Hayes had one arm held but he pulled in a screamer of a handed mark .
Sturt came back but we prevailed i think that weeks rest helped us so much .
And macgregor we missed him but he made up for missing that norwood game
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter69 Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:26 pm

To Poolie, Gus and Bomber,

We all knew you fought demons this day and yes you sent them packing.

Two weeks time it's time to Stick it right up em as last years season never ended!!!!
Peter69
Peter69

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:30 am

I love Godden's analysis of the game. He's a real thinker and tactician and leaves nothing to chance.
http://www.wwtfc.com.au/?page_id=30056

Quick to realise we were loosing stoppages and the attention to detail in the players preparation,
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down