Eagles v Norwood Adelaide Oval September 12

+2
Goddsy11
Mickyj
6 posters

Go down

Eagles v Norwood Adelaide Oval September 12 Empty Eagles v Norwood Adelaide Oval September 12

Post by Mickyj Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:38 pm

Under 18s  Eagles v West September 11 1.00 Thebarton oval
Seconds September 11 Eagles v Sturt Thebarton oval
League September 12 3.15 Adelaide oval
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Norwood Adelaide Oval September 12 Empty Re: Eagles v Norwood Adelaide Oval September 12

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:28 pm

Mickyj wrote:Under 18s  Eagles v West September 11 1.00 Thebarton oval
Seconds September 11 Eagles v Sturt Thebarton oval
League September 12 3.15 Adelaide oval

Our U18's had a bit of a shellacking last weekend. Hope it was a once off.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Norwood Adelaide Oval September 12 Empty Re: Eagles v Norwood Adelaide Oval September 12

Post by wimpy Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:25 am

I think Glenelg are well ahead in all three grades. Let's hope this week, two of our better U18s who played in the reserves last week can go back and help them out. Great to see the match being played at Thebby, a decent sized oval. I still think we have some very talented U18s, might not be draft level, but could have a good career at the Eagles.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:04 am

Ok I’m excited got my free ticket for this weeks game lets go eagles
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:57 am

wimpy wrote:I think Glenelg are well ahead in all three grades. Let's hope this week, two of our better U18s who played in the reserves last week can go back and help them out. Great to see the match being played at Thebby, a decent sized oval. I still think we have some very talented U18s, might not be draft level, but could have a good career at the Eagles.

With you there Wimpy. The kids have had an easy run of recent and may not have been tuned for the occasion. I have watched them on digital and its not a bad side. They bay have done what we have done in past years with all their grades. Do you think part of it is they have gained parts of our old zone.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:05 am

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:I think Glenelg are well ahead in all three grades. Let's hope this week, two of our better U18s who played in the reserves last week can go back and help them out. Great to see the match being played at Thebby, a decent sized oval. I still think we have some very talented U18s, might not be draft level, but could have a good career at the Eagles.

With you there Wimpy. The kids have had an easy run of recent and may not have been tuned for the occasion. I have watched them on digital and its not a bad side. They bay have done what we have done in past years with all their grades. Do you think part of it is they have gained parts of our old zone.

It’s no coincidence Glenelg have improved since they added our old zone to their existing strong zones of Brighton etc.

Dry Creek doesn’t quite have the same pedigree as Henley South when it comes to producing footballers.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:59 am

goddy11 wrote:

The socio-economics of the area Glenelg got from us lends to them getting some really good players. I don't know what the area they lost was like for producing good players. It's all conjecture really. The thing I really hate is the advantage suburban clubs have when their suburban zone just runs in to their country zone. Never had any sympathy for the Panthers, never bothered to work their country zone. It's just recently been admitted by Bamford that's it's only in the last ten years that they have put effort in to their country zone.
See what happens when you work the zone, Horne-Francis, Matt Roberts and Arlo Draper.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:51 pm

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:48 pm

Mickyj wrote:https://wwtfc.com.au/news/wise-league-reserve-qualifying-final-team/

And Cameron is named on an extended bench

Strong squad. Beeken and Jungfer on the bench/squad.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:01 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:https://wwtfc.com.au/news/wise-league-reserve-qualifying-final-team/

And Cameron is named on an extended bench

Strong squad. Beeken and Jungfer on the bench/squad.

I’m wondering who is not playing
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:10 pm

With the Eagles Seconds playing on Sat and the League having 7 players on the bench, only 2 would be sent back to play Seconds because you would want a "spare" to cover any pre -game warmup injury. I'm tipping Jake Comitogianni to be that "spare" like he was for last year's GF. If correct, a bit stiff for him to miss out both League & Seconds teams yet again
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:22 pm

hawke wrote:With the Eagles Seconds playing on Sat and the League having 7 players on the bench, only 2 would be sent back to play Seconds because you would want a "spare" to cover any pre -game warmup injury. I'm tipping Jake Comitogianni to be that "spare" like he was for last year's GF. If correct, a bit stiff for him to miss out both League & Seconds teams yet again

Don't see your point here "hawke" the same thing could happen every game day. We never hold back anyone "just in case". Possibly the grand final senario I understand, but not for the early finals.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:31 pm

The difference is the timing - on normal game days, players have been withdrawn from the Seconds on the day to play later in the day for the League (e.g. a league player wakes with gastro) or withdrawn from the Seconds match at half time because a league player has slipped over in the change rooms. (has happened before).
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:03 pm

I'm seeing Cameron, Litster, VB in the 2's. VB a shock. I don't recall him playing down for a while.

Good to see the U18's through to another GF. They looked gone at 1/4 time.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:30 am

The Reserves looked very good yesterday (on the digital pass). Really strong team - with some promising looking youngsters who haven't had a shot at league level yet looking just as capable as those who are unlucky not to be playing league today.

With VB dropped and going for a smaller forward line - I hope we are capable of at least bringing the ball to ground. Still have nightmares of the ease in which the opposition was able to block off our half forward line during the Godden era. The move of VB to partner Jack Hayes over the last two years has structured very well - even if VB hasn't been dominant. It's also allowed Hayes to roam as he pleases and still have a tall "get out of jail" target in VB to kick long if need be.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:24 am

Aerie wrote:The Reserves looked very good yesterday (on the digital pass). Really strong team - with some promising looking youngsters who haven't had a shot at league level yet looking just as capable as those who are unlucky not to be playing league today.

With VB dropped and going for a smaller forward line - I hope we are capable of at least bringing the ball to ground. Still have nightmares of the ease in which the opposition was able to block off our half forward line during the Godden era. The move of VB to partner Jack Hayes over the last two years has structured very well - even if VB hasn't been dominant. It's also allowed Hayes to roam as he pleases and still have a tall "get out of jail" target in VB to kick long if need be.

I agree with you Aerie the Godden years haunts us around finals time !
VB hasn’t performed as well as he can for the last two months !
I’m hoping the smaller players and the Menzel brothers can perform up forward . Weather could also be a reason to go smaller
Only time will tell us .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:47 am

Aerie, some of us were not surprised with von Bertouch's demotion - even yesterday, in the Seconds he had only 8 disposals and did little to enhance his promotion chances. I'm hoping he can lift with a "burster" of a performance next week because he is/was a valuable player 2020 April to July. Perhaps injuries to League players today will see him get another chance.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:24 pm

A win is a win in the finals but how the heck did we win that game I’m happy we did though
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:32 pm

Mickyj wrote:A win is a win in the finals but how the heck did we win that game I’m happy we did though

Not a normal fluent display by the Eags but how good was our defense. I watched the game on TV so I don't understand how bad the conditions were. Norward certainly closed down our game winners except Tsitsas. The young guns performed well.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:08 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:A win is a win in the finals but how the heck did we win that game I’m happy we did though

Not a normal fluent display by the Eags but how good was our defense. I watched the game on TV so I don't understand how bad  the conditions were. Norward certainly closed down our game winners except Tsitsas. The young guns performed well.

The weather and wind weren’t great . I’m not sure exactly that it favoured the northern end judging by the goals that were missed . And our kicking on that side of the oval wasn’t great so many out on the full
Tistsas goal in the first term waa fantastic live hopefully it waa on the TV
Believe me I could’ve stayed home and watched it and stayed dry
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:17 am

Gutsy win by the Eagles. The defence were outstanding under enormous pressure from the very start. It was 4 quarters of finals football in tough conditions and to both teams credit, the other team just couldn’t get away.

There were snippets of individual brilliance by Stengle and Dan Menzel which was enough to give us a slight edge.

Sinor, Hayes, Knight all outstanding - but it really was a full team effort.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:21 pm

Eagles forward Troy Menzel has been offered a $125 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Norwood’s Henry Nelligan in Sunday’s Qualifying Final at Adelaide Oval.

Troy Menzel (Eagles) – Rough Conduct (High Bump)

Conduct: Careless

Impact: Low

Base Sanction: 1 Match

Early Guilty Plea: $125 fine and reprimand
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:30 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Eagles forward Troy Menzel has been offered a $125 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Norwood’s Henry Nelligan in Sunday’s Qualifying Final at Adelaide Oval.

Is that a joke. They cant be serious!!
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Is that a joke. They cant be serious!!
Yep got it off the SANFL App he’s fined if I’ve read it right
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:52 pm

SANFL snapshot

Woodville-West Torrens scrapped its way to a hard-fought seven-point Qualifying Final win against Norwood at Adelaide Oval on Sunday.

Booking a berth against Glenelg in the Second Semi-Final, the Eagles were forced to tough it out against the Redlegs in a slog which yielded just 15 goals between the two sides.

The reigning premier never led by more than two goals and even with five fewer inside 50 entries, just found enough to get over the line despite being one rotation short for the majority of the match after defender Rory Lehmann injured his hamstring in the opening term.

Former Crow Tyson Stengle proved to be a significant difference-maker with his three goals in a low-scoring affair, consistently looking dangerous and creating opportunities for his teammates if he wasn’t kicking a major himself.

Daniel Menzel chimed in for two goals for the Eagles but it was Riley Knight and James Tsitas racking up 29 disposals each in the midfield, who carried a heavy load.

Vice-captain Joseph Sinor collected 24 possessions and kicked a massive set shot goal from long range to give the Eagles a 12-point lead 13 minutes into the last term.

Nippy Redlegs goalsneak Henry Nelligan replied with an eye-catching reply from outside 50m just a minute later but the Eagles were able to absorb everything their rivals threw at them to get a crack at minor premier Glenelg from 7.15pm next Saturday night.

Norwood’s Richard Douglas finished with a team high 31 disposals, eight clearances and a goal while Nik Rokahr had 30 disposals.

Redlegs captain Matthew Nunn made a successful return from his latest hamstring setback to tally 25 disposals, seven tackles, five clearances and his team’s only goal of the third quarter.

Norwood will now face South Adelaide in next Saturday’s cut-throat First Semi-Final at 3.15pm.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down