+4
Titan2
The Barton
Columbo
Mickyj
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reserves first semi final Eagles v Centrals September 9 Empty Reserves first semi final Eagles v Centrals September 9

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:16 pm

First reserves semi final Eagles v Central Glenelg oval 1.30 pm Saturday
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reserves first semi final Eagles v Centrals September 9 Empty Re: Reserves first semi final Eagles v Centrals September 9

Post by Columbo Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:43 pm

For those who don't follow the 2's that closely or for anyone that is interested.
This will be our 5th game against Centrals for the season. After 4 games in 7 rounds it seems like ages since we played them.
They won 6 more games than us during the minor rounds however 2 of their 5 losses were against us.

Round 6 - Central - 10.15.75 - Eagles - 10.10.70 (Woodville)

Round 9- Eagles - 7.6.48 - Central - 6.7.43 (Woodville)

Round 10 - Central - 10.14.74 - Eagles - 10.7.67 (Elizabeth)

Round 12 - Eagles- 9.11.65 - Central 7.7.49 (Woodville)

None of them were really high scoring games and were at times a bit scrappy but quite entertaining and contested.
Hopefully the boys can have another win this weekend.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Reserves first semi final Eagles v Centrals September 9 Empty Re: Reserves first semi final Eagles v Centrals September 9

Post by The Barton Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:09 pm

Columbo wrote:For those who don't follow the 2's that closely or for anyone that is interested.
This will be our 5th game against Centrals for the season. After 4 games in 7 rounds it seems like ages since we played them.
They won 6 more games than us during the minor rounds however 2 of their 5 losses were against us.

Round 6 - Central - 10.15.75 - Eagles - 10.10.70 (Woodville)

Round 9- Eagles - 7.6.48 - Central - 6.7.43 (Woodville)

Round 10 - Central - 10.14.74 - Eagles - 10.7.67 (Elizabeth)

Round 12 - Eagles- 9.11.65 - Central 7.7.49 (Woodville)

None of them were really high scoring games and were at times a bit scrappy but quite entertaining and contested.
Hopefully the boys can have another win this weekend.

Good Stats Peter Falk.
Wonder if Dale Pearce will be playing this week.
He didn't last week, been injured in the second half of the season
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:34 pm

EAGLES
F: Watson, Weckert, Siney
HF: Tilley, Cooke, Mair
C: O’Reilly, Arthur, Hansen
HB: Calvett, Dawkins, Angove
B: Fairall, Bruce, Ueding

R: Lukac, Hoile, Neumann
INT: Delmenico, Williams, Toole, Welsh, Phillips, Hudson, Dodd
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:39 pm

Did Herbert play U18s last week or Reserves? I thought it was the latter. If so, strange why he isn't named.

Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:58 am

Titan2 wrote:Did Herbert play U18s last week or Reserves? I thought it was the latter. If so, strange why he isn't named.

Played reserves, out with a hamstring.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:57 am

Hi. I am a bit behind the times. Can I watch reserves game tomorrow via afl website?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:01 am

whybother wrote:Hi. I am a bit behind the times. Can I watch reserves game tomorrow via afl website?
I think you have to watch the seconds through the SANFL app don’t think that’s free
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:11 am

I'd like to see Welsh and Dodd given a go in tomorrow's reserves game.
Dale Pearce named in Central's squad, can kick a good goal if he can find the ball.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:38 am

Mickyj wrote:
whybother wrote:Hi. I am a bit behind the times. Can I watch reserves game tomorrow via afl website?
I think you have to watch the seconds through the SANFL app don’t think that’s free

Correct
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:04 pm

I can’t make it today health issues 
Philips dropped no Hudson no dodd
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:42 pm

Woaaa ! Reserves on fire. Weckert auditioning for AFL.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:39 pm

Eagles have found a big hole to fall into. Only scored 1 goal since half time. But still 2 goals up.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:51 pm

Two young gun, Weckert and Welsh, have scored goals and steadied the ship. Now 4 goals up with 5 mins to go.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:56 pm

Eagles won by 2 goals. Slowed down after half time, and had less scoring shots than Centrals.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:05 pm

whybother wrote:Eagles won by 2 goals. Slowed down after half time, and had less scoring shots than Centrals.
A win is a win I guess especially in finals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:18 pm

Next weeks final is it at Adelaide oval ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:08 pm

I dont think so. It looks like 18s and 16s GF. Maybe Thebby like other years ???
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:27 pm

whybother wrote:I dont think so. It looks like 18s and 16s GF. Maybe Thebby like other years ???
Could be we will have to see I guess
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:58 pm

I thought Cooke played well again today, Weckert was strong up forward and his kicking was exceptional. Luckac battled well in ruck and most probably won the contest. Neuman found a lot of the ball but sometimes his kicking went a stray. Calvett kicked beautifully throughout the game. Our first half won us the match, we played some excellent football. The youngsters are coming along nicely.
Heath Younie was seen talking Dave Couzner.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:37 pm

[quote="wimpy"]I thought Cooke played well again today, Weckert was strong up forward and his kicking was exceptional. Luckac battled well in ruck and most probably won the contest. Neuman found a lot of the ball but sometimes his kicking went a stray. Calvett kicked beautifully throughout the game. Our first half won us the match, we played some excellent football. The youngsters are coming along nicely.
Heath Younie was seen talking Dave Couzner.[/quote

How I saw it Wimpy. Younie is the man.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:19 am

Goddsy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:I thought Cooke played well again today, Weckert was strong up forward and his kicking was exceptional. Luckac battled well in ruck and most probably won the contest. Neuman found a lot of the ball but sometimes his kicking went a stray. Calvett kicked beautifully throughout the game. Our first half won us the match, we played some excellent football. The youngsters are coming along nicely.
Heath Younie was seen talking Dave Couzner.[/quote

How I saw it Wimpy. Younie is the man.

Would be happy with Younie if he is selected. Seems to tick all the boxes - SANFL head coach experience, AFL assistant coach experience, currently in player development with the SANFL, right age, a long and respected SANFL career, experience in the AFL (was on WC's rookie list).

On the Reserves......I've really only seen a quarter or two this year and so am unfamiliar with the players other than the stats that I observe during the year. But I did watch the full game yesterday so a couple of observations.

Overall - this team doesn't really have any star, dominant players but is more a team oriented side that connects well and has a great attitude. In the midfield Neumann seems to be the main midfielder these days. Probably unlucky not to be given an opportunity in the league side during the year. I note that Hoile has dropped right away in effectiveness (in the reserves) from the last few years and feel like some of the other younger kids (like Neumann) have passed him now.

Calvett - a beautiful raking kick. Doesn't get heaps of the ball but having this weapon is something to build on in much the same way as Wehr.

Cooke - this kid just seems to be building nicely. His last third of season has been very good. If he can hit the gym hard over summer he may get an opportunity in the league early next year.

Weckett - Played well yesterday and could well be the key player on a potential run to the premiership. Don't think he'll get drafted this year though. If he is serious about wanting to play AFL he needs to ditch cricket over summer and turn out with the eagles for a full pre-season to get fit and then hopefully play a full season in the league team.

Lukac - Has well and truly taken over from Phillips as the main ruck in the seconds. Has definitely improved as the season has progressed (at league and reserves) in terms of his possession count and hit outs. His weak spot continues to be his lack of marking prowess so needs to work hard on that over summer. Like what I'm seeing though.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:11 pm

Agree Titan

Cooke was very good.
I liked Lukacs rucking. He likes to control the  ball to the rovers. Pity he hasn't done that at senior level, but I suppose a different quality of ruckman.
Weckert is such an accurate kick. I think your correct about not being drafted although I feel he is worthy of a rookie spot.

Disappointed in Welsh. He really struggled.

Edit

Last edited by Goddsy11 on Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:53 pm

Did autocorrect change Welsh to West?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:39 pm

whybother wrote:Did autocorrect change Welsh to West?

Got me. Not auto correct just dumb typing. Embarassed
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next