Glenelg v Eagles league 18 September 7.15 pm Adelaide oval

Ok this week all grades facing Glenelg
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg V Eagles Semi Final  Empty Re: Glenelg V Eagles Semi Final

Post by Reddeer Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Long day at Adelaide Oval. Might be watching on TV this week if the weather is as forecast
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Reddeer wrote:Long day at Adelaide Oval. Might be watching on TV this week if the weather is as forecast

Sounds like a plan yesterday was cold and wet
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:39 pm

Presumably one forced change due to the hamstring injury to Lehmann.

I would be making two changes as I think too much competing in the air was left to Firns and Poole on the weekend and we need another key tall up forward to free up Dan Menzel, Poole and allow Firns to play a role on Curran - or whoever Sheedy has in mind.

I would be leaning towards Cameron down back and VB straight back in up forward. But, if VB really no good, Cameron to come in up forward and Seymour down back.

Thompson will need some help with a 3rd man up on McBean.

Huge opportunity!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:36 pm

I agree that we would definitely need to go taller against Glenelg.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:54 pm

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:34 am

Anyone know who is in and out yet ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Mickyj wrote:Anyone know who is in and out yet ?

Ok VB , Lister and Macfarlane are in the seconds
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Great win by the U18's. Another one. Does anyone know where Burgoyne was? Best game i have seen Woollogorang play. Something to work with there.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:57 pm

Burgoyne - out = Sore
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:01 pm

Adam D'Aloia was great. He won the BOG medal. Still another year left in the U18s. Reckon he might do a Lachy Jones next year and play some league matches.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:28 pm

wimpy wrote:Adam D'Aloia was great. He won the BOG medal. Still another year left in the U18s. Reckon he might do a Lachy Jones next year and play some league matches.

Magnificent skills by the kids. They were walloped a fortnight ago. The Bay defense save them time and again. Pity Jase missed on a medal. I hope the whole squad gets one.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:43 am

I’m still in shock 29 points up get overrun by Glenelg come back .
Glenelg player misses a goal . Tsitas stops a Glenelg player running through the centre what a great tackle !
Supposedly some Glenelg fans are saying the quarter didn’t go long enough !!
Who cares we are in the grand final woohoo
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:23 am

wimpy wrote:Adam D'Aloia was great. He won the BOG medal. Still another year left in the U18s. Reckon he might do a Lachy Jones next year and play some league matches.

He looks an absolute talent.

Schoenberg is an example of a recent Eagles inside mid that clearly had the talent to come straight in to the AFL system, but didn’t impact our league side prior to being drafted. From memory, he was a late addition to the U18 State side and bolted from there.

Perhaps Luke Dunstan the last Eagle inside mid to get a decent crack at League footy before being drafted?

Toumpas, Smith, Polec etc were all very outside players.

Look forward to seeing what D’Aloia can produce next year.

Well done to the U18’s on their premiership.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:05 am

Great win by the U18s, nothing better than watching our juniors, especially winning another premiership. What a great, great coach Shane Reardon is. Low key, not outrageous but galvanises his players. I think there might have been an "incentive" for the U18s to gel and win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:05 am

Mickyj wrote:I’m still in shock 29 points up get overrun by Glenelg come back .
Glenelg player misses a goal . Tsitas stops a Glenelg player running through the centre what a great tackle !

After the initial onslaught by the Bays, we looked like we were running on fumes. The cameras going over to the bench suggest we expended a lot early. The Bays dominated the aerial work, we dominated the ground balls. Loosing Goldy did not help. There were a few disposal errors that did not help. Commas decision making was not great but no one can question his endeavor. Stengle is amazing with how he only needs a sniff to make something of it. The break should help.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:08 am

Great day for Eagles - U18 premiership, a huge Seconds improvement showing they're a "chance", capped by a magnificient League win over the untouchable Tigers.
A cruel blow to Goldsworthy and the Club re his hamstring injury after 12 weeks of hard rehab following his shoulder surgery. Though not a big stats winner, his incisive kicking skills cut through the Bay's defence at critical times. Talking to Jade Sheedy last week, he then said that Rory Lehmann might be a chance with his hamstring injury if we got through to the GF, so let's hope.
Good thing to have the Seconds playing this week rather than the week off as GF qualifiers to "road test" a couple of players (Mitch Hardie, Dane McFarlane etc). Gives them the option also of giving Clay Cameron another run to improve his match fitness even further. If, and it's a big "if", Lehmann is fit, I like the idea of us going a little taller next time round (against Glenelg/South) with Lehmann CHB and Cameron up forward. At one stage last night, our HF line consisted of Poole, T Menzel, Comitogianni , a line that was totally dependent on accurate, low flight, quick entries (and that's unlikely to happen often).
The Menzel boys showed they are not just the flashy, one effort prima donnas - both "rolled up their sleeves", did the workman-like efforts with some great intercept spoils and rundowns - they have certainly bought into the Eagles premiership race.
Hope a few supporters can get out to Woodville Oval  either Mon or Wed 5.15pm onwards to show that we care.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:15 am

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:I’m still in shock 29 points up get overrun by Glenelg come back .

After the initial onslaught by the Bays, we looked like we were running on fumes. The cameras going over to the bench suggest we expended a lot early. The Bays dominated the aerial work, we dominated the ground balls. Loosing Goldy did not help. There were a few disposal errors that did not help. Commas decision making was not great but no one  can question his endeavor. Stengle is amazing with how he only needs a sniff to make something of it. The break should help.

Very true Goddy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:16 am

hawke wrote:Great day for Eagles - U18 premiership, a huge Seconds improvement showing they're a "chance", capped by a magnificient League win over the untouchable Tigers.
A cruel blow to Goldsworthy and the Club re his hamstring injury after 12 weeks of hard rehab following his shoulder surgery. Though not a big stats winner, his incisive kicking skills cut through the Bay's defence at critical times. Talking to Jade Sheedy last week, he then said that Rory Lehmann might be a chance with his hamstring injury if we got through to the GF, so let's hope.
Good thing to have the Seconds playing this week rather than the week off as GF qualifiers to "road test" a couple of players (Mitch Hardie, Dane McFarlane etc). Gives them the option also of giving Clay Cameron another run to improve his match fitness even further. If, and it's a big "if", Lehmann is fit, I like the idea of us going a little taller next time round (against Glenelg/South) with Lehmann CHB and Cameron up forward. At one stage last night, our HF line consisted of Poole, T Menzel, Comitogianni , a line that was totally dependent on accurate, low flight, quick entries (and that's unlikely to happen often).
The Menzel boys showed they are not just the flashy, one effort prima donnas - both "rolled up their sleeves", did the workman-like efforts with some great intercept spoils and rundowns - they have certainly bought into the Eagles premiership race.
Hope a few supporters can get out to Woodville Oval  either Mon or Wed 5.15pm onwards to show that we care.

Great post Hawke I like your thinking
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:28 am

SANFL update

Woodville-West Torrens ensured it will have the opportunity to defend its crown after surviving a stirring Glenelg comeback by four points in a thrilling Second Semi-Final at the Adelaide Oval.

Buoyed by their pressure-packed Qualifying Final win against Norwood, the Eagles brought the same heat early in the contest en route to booking a berth in the 2021 Statewide Super League Grand Final.

From midway through the first quarter, the Eagles dictated terms as they ramped up the pressure on the minor premier whilst also defending space with precision.

Ken Farmer Medallist Liam McBean gave his side the lead with his first goal of the game but from that point, the Eagles clicked into gear while generating 13 of the next 14 inside 50 entries.

When Eagles defender Luke Beecken pounced on a loose ball to goal impressively on the run, his side suddenly led by 25 points nearly four minutes into the second term.

The Eagles appeared headed for a comfortable victory before Glenelg stormed home in the final term, booting 6.1 to the Eagles 2.0.

Glenelg hit the front when Luke Reynolds converted his chest mark 19 minutes into the fourth quarter but fellow forward Lachie Hosie was only able to extend the advantage by a point when he missed his set shot less than two minutes later.

Livewire Eagle Tyson Stengle timed his third goal to perfection when he made the most of a second chance to snap from 20m, putting his side back in front by the final margin of four points.

Glenelg kept coming though, with regular defender Sam Durdin, who switched into attack in the final term, taking a mark inside 50m just after the final siren had sounded.

Eagle James Tsitas collected a team-high 25 touches to shade teammate Riley Knight with 24 while Joseph Sinor collected 21 to go with his nine tackles.

Daniel Menzel was lively with four goals as Stengle booted three and Troy Menzel two for the Grand Final-bound Eagles.

Now set to face South Adelaide in the Preliminary Final, Glenelg will be hoping Magarey Medallist returns from a hamstring strain after missing the Second Semi-Final.

Jack Oatey Medallist Matthew Snook fought hard all night for 29 disposals and seven clearances and Brett Turner was a key instigator for the Bays in the second half with 23 disposals, 10 tackles and a goal.

McBean booted three goals for the Tigers while Reynolds, Hosie, Darcy Bailey and Matt Allen kicked two goals each.

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:28 am

Scores in both wins
League and U 18 premiership
13-8
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:15 am

Reserves Preliminary on Saturday at 11.00am, Thebarton. Funny time for a stand alone game. I hope we have a full squad available. A couple of GF stops there for the taking. I like McFarlane, Mitch Hardie and Max Litster. Pearce Seymour a chance for Goldies posi. VB has not done it for me but as a tall swingman may get a nod. The Preliminary final should show more.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:26 am

goddy11 wrote:Reserves Preliminary on Saturday at 11.00am, Thebarton. Funny time for a stand alone game. I hope we have a full squad available. A couple of GF stops there for the taking. I like McFarlane, Mitch Hardie and Max Litster. Pearce Seymour a chance for Goldies posi. VB has not done it for me but as a tall swingman may get a nod. The Preliminary final should show more.

Was waiting to see when it was I’ll put up a topic later
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:43 am

The coach was interviewed on SEN this morning. Said Goldy's H/S was not good.
Lehmann's H/S was very minor and would be available for G/F. Interesting to see who plays in the Ressies this week. If Lehmann plays in G/F I think Cameron has to be included as a swing man.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:55 pm

The advantage of having the Reserves in the Prelim is probably both Cameron and Lehmann would get another run to improve match fitness and Von Bertouch another game to find some touch. I would think Lehmann would need to get through a full reserves game to be up for selection for the GF?

It is a real shame with Goldsworthy. His impact is enormous and he’s proven he can handle injury.

I thought VB was ok in the reserves on the weekend. He looked a bit more up and about than the reserves game the week before. I would be bringing him in for the injured Goldsworthy as the only change. However, if Sheedy has great faith in Lehmann, Cameron could shift forward.

Either way, we need another competing tall. If we get to a position where we need to stem the tide, that man is Jack Hayes. Take him out of the forward line and we still need a workhorse tall to compete and give the smalls a chance to add to the scoreboard - despite how well they’ve done in the first two finals.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next