Mickyj
7 posters

Go down

Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg June 27 Empty Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg June 27

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Maughan Thiem Kia oval
Seconds 10.25
League 1.05

Top of the table clash should be a very hard fought game .

Last edited by Mickyj on Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg June 27 Empty Re: Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg June 27

Post by MichaelScott Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:19 pm

Jade Sheedy said tonight on SEN that goldsworthy out for at least another 6 weeks, Cameron out between 3-6 awaiting results of scan and T.Menzel will miss another 2.
Dan Menzel and Poole back this week
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:31 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Jade Sheedy said tonight on SEN that goldsworthy out for at least another 6 weeks, Cameron out between 3-6 awaiting results of scan and T.Menzel will miss another 2.
Dan Menzel and Poole back this week

We need those two back
I know a family member of Hoise from glenelg he’s done his hamstring
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:32 pm

Ok just seen a Facebook post the league match is 1.05 pm nothing on the sanfl app yet
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Ok seconds game is starting at 10.25 league 1.05
Talking footy is saying 1.35 ignore that poster
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:06 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens will be close to full strength to confront Glenelg at Maughan Thiem Kia Oval.

Premiership hero Angus Poole, former Geelong goalsneak Daniel Menzel and reliable defender Pierce Seymour have been added to the Eagles’ 25-man squad.

Menzel will return to half-forward while Poole and Seymour are options on the seven-man extended interchange bench.

League

F: Stengle, Hayes, Williams

HF: Lonergan, Von Bertouch, D. Menzel

C: McFarlane, Tsitas, Mutch

HB: Cameron, Giuffreda, Toumpas

B: Beecken, Thompson, Rowland

R: Redden, Sinor, Knight

INT: Hardie, Seymour, Haylock, Poole, Jungfer, Firns, Pudney

IN: Seymour, Poole, D. Menzel

Reserves
Comitogianni, Launer, Cooke, Calvett, Mills, Moore, Lee, Neumann, West, Schmusch, Mead, Bruce, Morgan, Dawkins, Michael, Lehmann, Asfaha, Hoile, Buck, Burgoyne, Litster, Kasianowicz, Wheare
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:12 pm

I hate the extended interchange list. I think Haylock, Jungfer and Pudney on recent form are certainties.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:15 pm

goddy11 wrote:I hate the extended interchange list. I think Haylock, Jungfer and Pudney on recent form are certainties.

No argument from me Goddy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:27 pm

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:I hate the extended interchange list. I think Haylock, Jungfer and Pudney on recent form are certainties.

No argument from me Goddy

Don't think Cameron will play, injured ankle and there might be another player under a cloud.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg June 27 Empty Not far off it

Post by Gazz Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:48 pm

Bays bit cleaner when it mattered. Hard to be subjective but reckon bays got a decent run from umps even if we had more frees. Just got to be top 3 and trust Sheeds will have us better organised
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:10 pm

Gazz wrote:Bays bit cleaner when it mattered. Hard to be subjective but reckon bays got a decent run from umps even if we had more frees. Just got to be top 3 and trust Sheeds will have us better organised

I think us kicking a goal then giving them a free with a 25 metre penalty and goal to Glenelg was hurting us over and over
But Sheedy should fix it I hope
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:54 am

Sorry to Gazz if I seemed a bit shitty in my answer.
I was there but we had to leave during the seconds family member got sick .
So I watched it on 7
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:07 am

We were ver inefficient going forward. Our defense were ok but a few players were down. I thought Haylock was playing well and could not understand him being dropped. The Bays are a tall side and maybe that was a balance issue. I was disappointed in the reserve. They could have won but their skill level was poor. Short passing to no advantage. No15 stood out as v poor.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:03 pm

goddy11 wrote:We were ver inefficient going forward. Our defense were ok but a few players were down. I thought Haylock was playing well and could not understand him being dropped. The Bays are a tall side and maybe that was a balance issue. I was disappointed in the reserve. They could have won but their skill level was poor. Short passing to no advantage. No15 stood out as v poor.

"goddy11" very, very harsh on the young kid No 15 Lukas Cooke, a first gamer. You most probably had not seen him play before, I've watched him a couple of times in the U18's. The conditions were crap for the young kid who relies on high marking. Normally he has a beautiful long kick but unfortunately did three shocking kicks. He has had to bide his time between college and U18 competitions plus also has had an injury run. He is in the state squad/team and looks like the state CHF. Earlier in the season against Sturt he kicked seven from CHF for the Eagles. In the four U18 games he has played he has kicked 14 goals. You might have to watch him play more often before being so critical.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:58 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:We were ver inefficient going forward. Our defense were ok but a few players were down. I thought Haylock was playing well and could not understand him being dropped. The Bays are a tall side and maybe that was a balance issue. I was disappointed in the reserve. They could have won but their skill level was poor. Short passing to no advantage. No15 stood out as v poor.

"goddy11" very, very harsh on the young kid No 15 Lukas Cooke, a first gamer. You most probably had not seen him play before, I've watched him a couple of times in the U18's. The conditions were crap for the young kid who relies on high marking. Normally he has a beautiful long kick but unfortunately did three shocking kicks. He has had to bide his time between college and U18 competitions plus also has had an injury run. He is in the state squad/team and looks like the state CHF. Earlier in the season against Sturt he kicked seven from CHF for the Eagles. In the four U18 games he has played he has kicked 14 goals. You might have to watch him play more often before being so critical.
My bad. Sometime the shockers stand out and good things forgotten. Hard to believe he's a goal kicker but the conditions were trying. He had a few mates. Burgoyne had moments but then had lazy moments. Seb Kerrish had a bit of the ball, same as Conner Mc.

Last edited by goddy11 on Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:48 pm

I think we did reasonable well considering the slippery conditions. If we got some luckier breaks the scores could have been closer. The Reynolds goal was an absolute howler by the Goal Umpire. He should go to specsavers if he gets a game next week. That goal change the momentum a bit. If we get to play Glenelg again in better conditions look out the result may be different. Many times teams go through the whole season undefeated and lose the Grand Final and Glenelg have a history of choking (As do we but not under Sheedy). Injuries can play a major part I hope we don't get any more
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:05 pm

We broke even or won pretty much all the key stats, except they had 11 more marks and 19 more Inside 50's that resulted in the 4 more shots that we lost by.
We missed Clay and Goldy.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:58 pm

Reddeer wrote:I think we did reasonable well considering the slippery conditions. If we got some luckier breaks the scores could have been closer. The Reynolds goal was an absolute howler by the Goal Umpire. He should go to specsavers if he gets a game next week. That goal change the momentum a bit.  If we get to play Glenelg again in better conditions look out the result may be different. Many times teams go through the whole season undefeated and lose the Grand Final and Glenelg have a history of choking (As do we but not under Sheedy). Injuries can play a major part I hope we don't get any more

Yeah but we need to ensure top 3 that's all that matters now...crucial game this week...to win the gf this year would be so much sweeter to knock off those cocky wan**rs
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down