Panthers vEagles 15 August Flinders University Stadium

+3
Eagles35
Goddsy11
Mickyj
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Panthers vEagles 15 August Flinders University Stadium  - Page 2 Empty Re: Panthers vEagles 15 August Flinders University Stadium

Post by Eagles35 Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:05 pm

They're not sure how long redden will be out for Morgan and Beecken be back next week they did the usual fitness stuff like running etc they do for injuries before the reserves game
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Panthers vEagles 15 August Flinders University Stadium  - Page 2 Empty Re: Panthers vEagles 15 August Flinders University Stadium

Post by Mickyj Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:23 am

By ZAC MILBANK

Woodville-West Torrens reclaimed top spot on the ladder with its extreme efficiency propelling it to a 21-point win against South Adelaide at Flinders University Stadium.

The Statewide Super League’s pacesetters refused to panic despite having 22 fewer disposals, 32 fewer marks and a staggering 13 fewer inside 50 entries than the wasteful Panthers.

Scoreboard pressure proved too much for the hosts to overcome as the Eagles slammed on 5.2 in the second term to construct victory as South managed an inaccurate 1.6.

With just 2.10 to their name after the opening half, the Panthers quickly scored as many goals in two minutes as they did in two quarters to open the third term.

Key South forward Sam Overall – responsible for the second half brace – had suddenly sprung to life and when his fellow forward Tom Whittlesea snared a contender for Digital Pass Mark of the Week with a one-hander, the margin was set to be as little as three points.

But former Eagle Whittlesea missed a relatively simple snap set shot from 15m, leaving the visitors to make South pay by taking the ball swiftly to the other end where Nick Hayes got on the end of a Jake Von Bertouch pass to extend their advantage to 15 points.

Overall impacted the game again on the verge of the three-quarter time siren, nailing a 50m set shot to have his side within seven points with a quarter to play.

Little did the blue-and-white faithful realise, this would be their team’s last goal for the game as South managed just two behinds in the final stanza.

The crafty James Rowe once again found space inside 50m to mark a clever centering pass from Geelong VFL recruit James Tsitas, who was the Eagles’ leading disposal winner with 25 to go with his eight tackles and nine clearances.

Rowe calmly extended the advantage to 12 points nearly eight minutes into the final half-an-hour and while the Eagles continued to leave the door slightly ajar with behinds to Jordan Foote and Tristan Carcuro, they were in control of general play.

Foote soon made up for his pair of blemishes to feed Von Bertouch, who booted the sealer with his second major in the 24th minute.

The Eagles’ seventh win of the season was the ideal way to celebrate the 200th League game of premiership star Matt Goldsworthy, who hit the scoreboard with a classy checkside finish in the second quarter.

Eagles forward Nick Hayes celebrates a goal. Picture – Cory Sutton
The evenness of the Eagles’ performance will again be satisfying to coach Jade Sheedy, who had Tsitas, Foote, Joseph Sinor, Chis Hall and James Rowe all eclipse the 20-disposal barrier.

Victory was also secured without significant influences from the Hayes brothers, Jack and Nick, while Von Bertouch continued his consistent season by also producing two goal assists.

Tough-tackling Jack Firns will be feted at the Eagles’ presentations tonight after performing a difference-making negating role on South star defender Joseph Haines.

Firns was able to ensure Haines didn’t register his first kick until the second minute of the second term and just three kicks up until the final change.

South co-captain Joel Cross had an equal team-high 24 disposals along with ruck recruit Paul Hunter, who displayed that he will be a massive boost for the Panthers while also collecting nine marks and nine clearances to go with 22 hit outs and eight inside 50s.

Nic Schwarz and Tyson Brown did a lot of hard, bullocking work in close while Reece Milsom and Hayden Sampson continue to look at home amongst League company.

The unearthing of another local AAMI Rookie will be another major positive for the Panthers, with Brighton Bombers defender Danny Juckers looking very polished in tallying 18 disposals and seven marks on debut.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 am

I was allowed to sit to the right of our bench by a assistant coach in reserves though for league game so the players like Foote looked at me i heard basically what they're saying to each other the players and officials
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:24 am

I asked a couple of the reserves assistant coaches what Redden did they touched their side so I'm guessing it's ribs or something
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:50 am

Watching the game on television, the ground itself looks in as poor a condition as ever. Have we heard of fertilizer. Very Happy
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:59 am

Big West was smashed by Hunter yesterday. I actually thought he would do better but even around the ground he was poor. Both Hayes boys had their quietest game for the year. We may find that is part of opposition plans going forward. Stop them and you stop the Eags. Fortunately we have VonB and a mobile forward/midfield line. We may be better dropping West and just use the Hayes boys as pinch hitting ruckmen. Thommo has to come back in and Gus Poole. Who drops out?
Pity we get no Reserves stats. Must be some in there that are banging on the 1st team selection door.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:13 pm

goddy11 wrote:Watching the game on television, the ground itself looks in as poor a condition as ever. Have we heard of fertilizer. Very Happy
Being there and looking at the Noarlunga Oval in thought it was in great condition, much better than Woodville Oval.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:39 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Watching the game on television, the ground itself looks in as poor a condition as ever. Have we heard of fertilizer. Very Happy
Being there and looking at the Noarlunga Oval in thought it was in great condition, much better than Woodville Oval.
I always like the presentation at Noarlunga. I meant Woodville. I watched the U18 on digital. Good team but lost it very late. Some good juniors out there.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:04 pm

I raised my voice when telling the reserves boys the under 18's result just so they could all hear me
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:32 pm

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 am

Sounds like you should be an Assistant Coach Eagles35
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Round 8 injury list

Ethan Haylock
Groin
Season
Tom Gray
Ankle
Indefinite
Jamie Coff
Knee
Indefinite
Harrison Morgan
Ankle
Test
Jarrad Redden
Abdominal
Test
Angus Poole
Ribs
Test
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Gray should have season as he is having a op on it this week and going to try to be there on the weekend
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Beecken joked that if they'll let him back in meaning himself back in he'll play
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:50 pm

That new James speaks first he did it on the weekend to me
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:36 pm

The new James seems to be one of the last one's that get ready for the game, he was still not changed until the last quarter of reserves same as last week he was sitting where the reserves boys were sitting when league was on still in the last quarter of reserves on Saturday basically next to the coaching box
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:58 pm

Where do you people get the reserves goal kickers from?? I found its very hard to keep up with them during the game and they weren't in the Sunday mail yesterday I've noticed
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:22 am

RESERVES

WWTFC: 14.8 d SA 8.3
Goalkickers:

A. Asfaha 3
Z. Williams 3
J. Lonergan 2
D. Pearce 2
M. Mead 1
J. Weidemann 1
D. Jackson 1
L. Barnett 1
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:07 pm

Maybe James needs a last minute Milo before he hits the ground. Whatever he is doing works, very quick hands on Saturday.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:59 pm

Eagles35 wrote:Where do you people get the reserves goal kickers from?? I found its very hard to keep up with them during the game and they weren't in the Sunday mail yesterday I've noticed

I have found this Eagles35. I hope it works. just hit  match centre. Poor of the SANFL no to put up more details on their site.

We have some promising boys in the side.

https://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=125565312&c=0-3289-0-565074-0&pool=1
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:27 pm

It worked straight away the link, i said good luck to him with a couple of pats on his shoulder when he headed to get ready after he thanked me he said that's fine when i said you don't mind just in case he doesn't like someone that he doesn't know that well touching him on the shoulder
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:27 pm

It worked straight away the link, i said good luck to him with a couple of pats on his shoulder when he headed to get ready after he thanked me he said that's fine when i said you don't mind just in case he doesn't like someone that he doesn't know that well touching him on the shoulders
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Based on the way James played on Saturday I think you should touch him wherever you (or he) like Eagles35
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:38 am

But had to check if he minded say someone like when we had Cardone he was a non touchy person, he only let me do it so had to check with James
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:44 pm

That was a very pleasing hard-working defensive last quarter by the Eagles, especially since South seemed to go into the final quarter with some momentum and only seven points down. The Eagles conceded only two behinds, and zero in the last twenty minutes of play. I could sense the frustration of the South supporters as the South players were finding it almost impossible to break clear. Great coaching by Sheedy.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next