wimpy
Columbo
Goddsy11
whybother
Mickyj
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

South V Eagles Flinders uni stadium 20 august  Empty South V Eagles Flinders uni stadium 20 august

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:14 am

Seconds 11.20
League 2.05

A big win needed by the eagles here
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

South V Eagles Flinders uni stadium 20 august  Empty Re: South V Eagles Flinders uni stadium 20 august

Post by whybother Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:44 pm

The team is in. I see Pearce is/was suspended. By SANFL (not listed as) or club (also no reason)
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

South V Eagles Flinders uni stadium 20 august  Empty Re: South V Eagles Flinders uni stadium 20 august

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:26 pm

IN: Weckert (debut)
OUT: Pearce (suspended)

Couldn’t copy the team
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:28 pm

whybother wrote:The team is in. I see Pearce is/was suspended. By SANFL (not listed as) or club (also no reason)

And a debut player
Yell hard for me whybother miss you guys on the wing
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:22 pm

Rain or shine, Mickey, we will be there. Until the very end
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:24 pm

whybother wrote:Rain or shine, Mickey, we will be there. Until the very end

Fingers crossed I will be back next year
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:04 pm

whybother wrote:The team is in. I see Pearce is/was suspended. By SANFL (not listed as) or club (also no reason)

Pearce suspension does not appear on SANFL website. Naybe your correctwith club suspension.

Weckert seems like a inclusion Sheedy has wanted to do for awhile. Good to see a few kid in the side. Overall the side looks strong on paper.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:06 pm

goddy11 wrote:

Pearce suspension does not appear on SANFL website. Naybe your correctwith club suspension.

Weckert  seems like a inclusion Sheedy has wanted to do for awhile. Good to see a few kid in the side. Overall the side looks strong on paper.

So big win Eagles play finals other wise Redden is retiring i feel for big Red enjoyed watching you play for the eagles 🦅
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:22 pm

I suppose Weckert is draft eligible. Maybe the only game we will see him in.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:58 pm

goddy11 wrote:I suppose Weckert is draft eligible. Maybe the only game we will see him in.

Believe he will be next years draft.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:47 am

goddy11 wrote:I suppose Weckert is draft eligible. Maybe the only game we will see him in.

Not eligible to be drafted in November. Can be drafted November 2023.

Born 23/01/2005, so will be already 18 yo when the Eagles season starts next you.

Let's hope we can get a good year out of him.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:58 am

wimpy wrote:

Born 23/01/2005, so will be already 18 yo when the Eagles season starts next you.

Great news Wimpy. Your info is always welcome and good. Maybe why Phillipou was not given a senior game. It would have been a waste and deprived someone who will be here next year a game.
Any info on Pearce.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:21 am

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Great news Wimpy. Your info is always welcome and good. Maybe why Phillipou was not given a senior game. It would have been a waste and deprived someone who will be here next year a game.
Any info on Pearce.

Trying to find out about Will Pearce, might find out something tonight.
Last Friday night Phillipou badly sprained his ankle that's why he hasn't been playing.
Wednesday night it was good to see Tyler Welsh out training with the seniors. Sheedy is making sure he get's a very good read on what cattle he has at the club. Enjoy the way Sheedy goes about his business.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:54 am

goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Any info on Pearce.

I was told that Pearce suffered the same fate as Troy Menzel. Swearing at the umpire which is apparently an automatic suspension without going to the tribunal. And to be honest having witnessed the trio of clowns we had to endure last saturday night I would agree with him
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:24 pm

Reddeer wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Any info on Pearce.

I was told that Pearce suffered the same fate as Troy Menzel. Swearing at the umpire which is apparently an automatic suspension without going to the tribunal. And to be honest having witnessed the trio of clowns we had to endure last saturday night I would agree with him

Hone swore at the crowd after he kicked the goal in the last quarter of last weeks game - based on this he should be suspended as well. And here I was thinking Sturt where Silver Spooners and better than that ...
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:34 pm

wimpy wrote:

I can see this playing out similar to what happened with Lukosius. We got a few finals games out of Lukosius the year before he was drafted. Then he played with us the entire next season when not on U18 duties.

This kid has serious talent.

Could be an exciting (and young) forward line next year involving Weckert, Welsh and Pearce. Throw in Ballenden and Menzel for some experience to teach the kids.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:36 pm

So has anyone actually done the sums for this weekend so I don't Smile ?

What margin do the Eags have to win by and for Sturt to lose by in order for us to leapfrog them?

I'm expecting both results to fall our way but that we miss out on percentage. In any case, hoping we get a win over South as part of a send-off for Redden.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:57 pm

Titan2 wrote:So has anyone actually done the sums for this weekend so I don't Smile ?

What margin do the Eags have to win by and for Sturt to lose by in order for us to leapfrog them?

I'm expecting both results to fall our way but that we miss out on percentage. In any case, hoping we get a win over South as part of a send-off for Redden.

WE have scored 5 points more than Sturt but they have had 107 points less scored against. A massive turn around required.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:04 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Titan2 wrote:So has anyone actually done the sums for this weekend so I don't Smile ?

WE have scored 5 points more than Sturt but they have had 107 points less scored against. A massive turn around required.

Depending on what teams score a loss by Sturt and a win by the Eagles should total somewhere between 95-105 points for the Eagles to go ahead of Sturt.
I think Sturt will play very negatively to avoid a big defeat. Eagles have to have an all out attacking approach.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:06 pm

Reddeer wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Any info on Pearce.

My understanding is that both were reported for abusing an opposition player, not for abusing an umpire.
How soft has the SANFL gone.!!!!!!!!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:17 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Depending on what teams score a loss by Sturt and a win by the Eagles should total somewhere between 95-105 points for the Eagles to go ahead of Sturt.
I think Sturt will play very negatively to avoid a big defeat. Eagles have to have an all out attacking approach.

Anything is possible. I heard Sheedy on the radio earlier this week. He hasn't given up.

As an old West Torrens supporter I remember 1980. We were quite comfortable in 3rd place coming into the last match. We lost by 20 points in that game to Glenelg but Sturt beat West by about 120 points and we missed a double chance by less than 0.2% and were bundled out the next week by 5th place Norwood who played off in the GF. Kerley was fired after that.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:18 pm

Those were the days
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:50 pm

wimpy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

Had a bit of a play around with some numbers in a spreadsheet, you are pretty much on the money from what I saw Wimpy. If Sturt were to lose by 50 (100-50) we need to win by 55, if they lose by 40 (100-60) then its a 65 point win required by us.
Its going to be a tough ask, but you never know.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:58 am

Has anyone thought that North might throw a curve ball and purposely lose to Sturt. They have nothing to lose as it won't affect the ladder. North have a grudge against us and could put the knife's in
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:40 am

Gregod wrote:Has anyone thought that North might throw a curve ball and purposely lose to Sturt.  They have nothing to lose as it won't affect the ladder. North have a grudge against us and could put the knife's in
I don't think clubs would want to lose games at this end of the season but I wouldn't be surprised if it HAS happened before
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next