Football Club

3 posters

Go down

Football Club Empty Football Club

Post by Reddeer Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:05 am

Is it just me but I think that it is strange that the clubs CEO takes holidays during the season and also with the club involved with finals
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Football Club Empty Re: Football Club

Post by Reddeer Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:38 pm

I have now learned that CEO Chris Branson is on extended leave and WONT be coming back WHYT??
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:32 am

Nobody is offering any explanations. The secrecy makes it even more suspicious in my book
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:50 pm

I had no idea reddeer only saw your post never heard about it before.
Sorry been out all day at a meeting
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 am

Hmm, perhaps some members of our board need to inform the supporter members of things!!!
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Reddeer wrote:Hmm, perhaps some members of our board need to inform the supporter members of things!!!

Couldn't hurt
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:04 pm

Just before the start of the season Chris spent a considerable amount of time in hospital, I wonder if this has anything to do with his absence/departure.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:20 pm

wimpy wrote:Just before the start of the season Chris spent a considerable amount of time in hospital, I wonder if this has anything to do with his absence/departure.
I don't think that is the case. There is more to it than that. Obviously no board members read this blog as the silence has been deafening
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Here you go

The WWTFC Board wish to advise that it has conducted a review of the effectiveness of the Commercial and Football departments over the past 4 weeks. This review was conducted after the WWTFC successfully secured a place in the SANFL Women’s League for Season 2019.

As a result of the review and the additional responsibilities and commercial requirements that the club will face moving forward, a decision has been made to consolidate the roles of the General Manager – Commercial Operations and General Manager – Football to create a Chief Executive Officer Position. This will enable a single reporting and responsibility structure. The two General Manager positions were made redundant to create the role of Chief Executive Officer, and the role of Chief Executive Officer was advertised in late August. Both incumbent General Managers were invited to apply for the new Chief Executive Officer position.

After an interview and due diligence process, taking into consideration the best outcome for WWTFC, the WWTFC Board is pleased to announce that Luke Powell, former General Manager – Football, has been successful in securing the role. We look forward to Luke taking on this new and challenging role at WWTFC.

The Board would like to acknowledge and thank Chris Branson for his contribution over the past two years and wishes him well in his future endeavours.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:35 pm

So at last the club forth comes with the explanation. However I do not remember seeing any advert for the new position so where was it (Internally??) and Chris Branson would have been up against it trying to be selected against a favourite son.
So with extra work because of the Women's comp coming in there will certainly be a lot on a Executive CEO plate. Chris Branson was a very good operator from what i saw and I hope that the club is NOT shooting itself in the foot by implementing what basically is a cost saving measure. At a very recent Vice Presidents meeting that only had about 30 attendees President Kurt Slaven was telling the group how financially well off the club is at the moment and not mention was made of this announcement regarding restructure even though it would have already happened. Why?
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Also will Luke Powell be at the Thursday and Friday night members gatherings meeting and greeting members and will he be circulating the oval at Woodville selling 50/50 split raffle tickets etc. I hope he does have the commercial expertise that Chris Branson displayed. We will see
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:12 pm

Reddeer wrote:Also will Luke Powell be at the Thursday and Friday night members gatherings meeting and greeting members and will he be circulating the oval at Woodville selling 50/50 split raffle tickets  etc. I hope he does have the commercial expertise that Chris Branson displayed. We will see

You could be on the wrong track.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:34 pm

wimpy wrote:
Reddeer wrote:Also will Luke Powell be at the Thursday and Friday night members gatherings meeting and greeting members and will he be circulating the oval at Woodville selling 50/50 split raffle tickets  etc. I hope he does have the commercial expertise that Chris Branson displayed. We will see

Pretty sure I'm not
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:50 am

Reddeer wrote:
wimpy wrote:

Pretty sure I'm not

Sorry, we might have confused each other. I thought you were saying he might have become redundant because of Luke Powell's elevation. I think one of your earlier posts might be spot on and the restructure and the reasons for it are very convenient.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:39 pm

The Eagles are losing one employee, there is more work involved with the addition of the women's team, I'm expecting more staff to be employed, would this be a fair assumption!!!!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:07 pm

wimpy wrote:The Eagles are losing one employee, there is more work involved with the addition of the women's team, I'm expecting more staff to be employed, would this be a fair assumption!!!!!!!
You would think so. I do not think that you would retrench a staff member with a performance that Chris provided with out there being something MUCH more to it. Many supporters i have talked to a puzzled and dismayed over this development and I think there may be much more to come
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:29 pm

Tonight at the members Thursday night dinner I wanted to give a short message on behalf of Chris Branson the former commercial manager at WWT.
When I was asked by a board member what I wanted to say I told him. He asked that I didn't do that. I was referred to another board member who also asked me to reconsider. the explanation was that Chris is still a member and vice president and is very welcome back on a thursday night to say his own farewells to the many members he knew at those night gatherings.
It is a mystery to me why this would be the case and makes me very suspicious of what has really been going within the club. I have indicated to everyone I spoke to individually that It is my intention to put MY name forward for election to the board next AGM
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:02 am

Reddeer wrote:Tonight at the members Thursday night dinner I wanted to give a short message on behalf of Chris Branson the former commercial manager at WWT.
When I was asked by a board member what I wanted to say I told him. He asked that I didn't do that. I was referred to another board member who also asked me to reconsider. the explanation was that Chris is still a member and vice president and is very welcome back on a thursday night to say his own farewells to the many members he knew at those night gatherings.
It is a mystery to me why this would be the case and makes me very suspicious of what has really been going  within the club. I have indicated to everyone I spoke to individually that It is my intention to put MY name forward for election to the board next AGM

Reddeer I have no idea what's going on in the club honestly.
All I know about stuff is what is released and the online rumours.
This week we've lost the coach seen online rumours the entire coaching panel is gone .
And one senior player has retired online rumours 8 told don't come back .
Honestly I don't know .
But perhaps the club needs this to move forward and if you joining the board helps that process 
Go for it .
I like all fans and members are sick and tired of falling short and I hate the crap dished on our club by online keyboard warriors .
The only way to change everything is to win a flag !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down