Eagles v Glenelg Gliderol 2.10 sunday

+3
Eagle014
Mara32
Mickyj
7 posters

Go down

Eagles v Glenelg Gliderol 2.10 sunday  Empty Eagles v Glenelg Gliderol 2.10 sunday

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:43 pm

very important game eagles need to turn the loss against port around .
I'm putting the time as 2.10 seen 1.10 as well on WWTFC web page
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Glenelg Gliderol 2.10 sunday  Empty Re: Eagles v Glenelg Gliderol 2.10 sunday

Post by Mara32 Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:12 am

What happened to Ainger last week?
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Glenelg Gliderol 2.10 sunday  Empty Re: Eagles v Glenelg Gliderol 2.10 sunday

Post by Eagle014 Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:31 am

Mara32 wrote:What happened to Ainger last week?
Gastro & vomiting I believe
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:29 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens will be without running defender Matthew Goldsworthy for at least a month after he reinjured his hamstring.
Goldworthy, who is out of the team to confront Glenelg at Gliderol Stadium on Sunday, will be given at least four weeks to recover.
Nathan Batley and Alby Dunstan have also been cut from the Eagles’ 23-man squad after being sent back to the Reserves.
Key forward Andrew Ainger has recovered from a bout of the flu while defender Jacob Templeton and midfielder Sam Rowland has been rewarded for their strong form in the Reserves.
Midifelder Jackson Press, 20, 183cm and 76kg, is in the mix to make his league debut after being included on the extended interchange bench.

League
F: C. Hall, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Allmond, Ainger, Poole
C: Martyn, Lewis, N. Hayes
HB: Schwarz, Von Bertouch, Jarrad
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Rowntree, Petrenko
INT: Thurlow, Rowland, Press, Templeton
IN: Templeton, Ainger, Rowland, Press
OUT: Goldsworthy (hamstring), Batley, Dunstan

Reserves
F: Whittlesea, J. Hayes, Lodge
HF: Ventura, Dunstan, Minney
C: Lloyd, Appleton, Batley
HB: Summerton, Raikiwasa, Enright
B: Woods, Heinjus, Firns

R: Mullins, Haylock, Sinor
INT: M. Raymond, Ellis
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:48 am

Really need to win this game... Otherwise I really fear Dobber will resurface next week.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:40 am

I would have thought A Raikiwasa would be a walk-in. We missed him last week.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:43 am

Reserves

Bit hard on M. Raymond. BOG last week and on interchange this week. Looked the goods based on one quarter I saw last week.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:00 pm

Surprise - a good 4th Q!!
Jarrad outstanding. Another dimension late in his career with strong intercepting pack marks deep in defence.
Might be lacking 1 classy (in and under) onballer to add to Petrenko and Rowntree although Poole and Schwarz are improving. (Boyd out for the season).
Important for us that Thurlow can show some form in the Seconds - looked average in the Seconds today. We can't hope to succeed in finals with 1 ruckman.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:26 am

Thurlow has been very disappointing in his last 3-4 matches. Did nothing in the reserves yesterday to enhance his chances of playing league next week. I think we definitely need two ruckman for the finals. The problem with playing two ruckmen is that at sometime during the match they have to rest forward and play as a permanent forward. Both Borholm and Thurlow have shown this year they can't play this role. Borholm is great at drifting into the forward area and snaring a goal or two while rucking, but playing him as a permanent forward doesn't work. Thurlow just hasn't shown anything up forward. The ideal situation would be to change the rucks off the bench and play one of the following....Whittlesea, N. Hayes, Dunstan or J. Hayes as a third tall. The problem with this is that neither of the ruckmen would accept playing only 50% of a match.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:16 pm

goddy11 wrote:Reserves

Bit hard on M. Raymond. BOG last week and on interchange this week. Looked the goods based on one quarter I saw last week.

He didnt start there Goddy11
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:27 pm

With due respect. Wimpy,
the players you mentioned are 192cm 90 kg guys who also haven't any great leap coming up against monsters like Baulderstone, Bass, Redden, and Westies giants. all at/above 200cm 104kg who can also leap.  No - the players you mentioned would get slaughtered.
Let's hope Thurlow shows something cause we need a big body to "crash" into the opposition ruckman particularly at centre-bounces where opposition too often are getting clean take-aways.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:23 pm

Mickyj wrote:

I wasn't there but he had a lazy 5 . Does he have a chance to make the top side and if yes who does he replace, Hall?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:34 pm

WOODVILLE-West Torrens coach Michael Godden stood outside his changerooms after the 44-point win over Glenelg at the Bay, crossed his arms and took the high ground when questioned on the minor premiership.

As he noted, many people baulk at such discussions.

But Godden admitted the club could start contemplating a minor premiership, and its significance entering the finals.

Yesterday's results fell in favour of the Eagles and allowed them to climb two games plus percentage clear at the head of the premiership ladder, with four rounds remaining.

"Sixty-one per cent of premiers come from top spot so we have to start thinking about that,'' Godden confessed. "I'm not going to shy away from it; a lot of people shy away from that question but I'm going to embrace it.

"We have not been in this position for a long time so let's love it and see if we can it (finish minor premier). Every game is tough to win and nothing is going to be easy, but it is in our minds.''

Coming off only their second loss for the season when over run by Port Adelaide, there were plenty of questions asked of the Eagles when the Tigers bagged the opening three goals of the second half, against the wind, to hit the front.
The Tigers were constantly escaping from the centre and the Eagles were under enormous pressure to respond.

In fairness to the visitors, they had dominated the inside 50s (29 more for the game) and scoring attempts, only to waste opportunities.

At half-time, the Eagles had had 14 more visits inside attacking 50 and had kicked just one more goal.

As has been the case this season, the Tigers were honest and willing participants in a challenging scrap courtesy of the likes of captain Andrew Bradley, Matthew Snook and Bradley Agnew.

Their efficiency going deep into attack was terrific. But a concern has been the lack of four-quarter efforts.

The Eagles dominated for the final 10 minutes of the third term and the final quarter when their ball movement became more fluent.

Chris Hall was busy, veteran Luke Jarrad had a huge influence in defence and Jared Petrenko is a class act, so clean with his work.

"That game last year we would have lost,'' Godden said. "At that moment (when the Tigers hit the front in the third quarter) we changed the game and in the previous two years we didn't.

"I feel we are so much better placed to deal with it.

EAGLES 5.3 6.7 11.9 15.11 (101)

GLENELG 1.1 5.2 8.3 9.3 (57)

BEST — Eagles: Jarrad, Petrenko, Borholm, Hall, Rowntree, Thompson. Glenelg: Snook, Bailey, Agnew, Bradley, Alleway, Curran.

GOALS — Eagles: Wundke, Ainger 3, Hayes, Martyn 2, Borholm, McGregor, Press, Martyn, Scwarz, Lewis. Glenelg: Alleway 3, Bradley 2, Snook, Nason, Scott, McGinty.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:37 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

I wasn't there but he had a lazy 5 . Does he have a chance to make the top side and if yes who does he replace, Hall?

Hall was fourth best according to the paper and played more up the field .
Matt Raymond was tried in a trial game this year .
Not sure but i think Thurlow should be in .

All i know is im glad i dont have to pick the side
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Matty Raymond probably chasing Lachie's spot, Hally been pretty good this year.

Good to see Pressy get a run in the ones, seemed a bit more at ease in the second half.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:42 am

Premiers, you have misunderstood my posting. I definitely think we need the two genuine ruckman, my point is that it would be a lot better set up if they changed off the bench and NOT in the forward pocket AS THEY NEVER produce when played as a permanent forward when the other rucks. The set up I feel would be more effective if one of Whittlesea, Dunstan, N. Hayes or J. Hayes played as the third tall, at NO time have I suggested that any one of these four should play as the second ruckman. Have watched plenty of football and know that these would be made mincemeat of if put in the ruck.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:49 am

For the majority of the season the advertised placings for the reserves have shown Matty Raymond as an interchange. Love the way he plays his footy, has a great footy IQ and deserves a league game, but hard to fit him in.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down