eagles seconds v west seconds

3 posters

Go down

eagles seconds v west seconds  Empty eagles seconds v west seconds

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:42 pm

I forgot to put a topic for this game so my apologises to everyone !!

Wasn't a game for us we couldn't kick a goal all day !!
And Eagles lost by 24 points !!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

eagles seconds v west seconds  Empty Re: eagles seconds v west seconds

Post by Premiers Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:04 pm

(I saw the game to 3/4 time only)

Westies far quicker, more intense, better structure than Eagles despite our poor kicking.

Grocke looked good. Ran and tackled hard, took 2-3 strong marks, kicked badly as usual (should have kicked 3-4 goals instead of 1). Taken off at half-time.

Kent Muller, our 3rd ranked ruckman behind Bornholm and Heinjus, showed promise. Very good with his hands off the ground, dishing out handballs and OK when he has a free jump at the ball. Lacks body strength to hold his ground with wrestling at the ball-ups. May be a good player for us in 2015 but not this year.

Big forward Tasman Fitzgerald continues to impress and Whittlesea also has good potential.

Re smaller brigade, this is where we were soundly beaten by West. Giles Ellis and Sam Rowland were amongst the best. Recruit Templeton at CHB played steadily rather than spectacularly and Lachlan McGregor had a quiet one.

Good to see a tall 198cm + young ruckman, forgotten his name No 48 ? Mullehens or ? Mullens out there. Looks like he could be 18-20 years of age, shows a bit but 2016 for him.

So, the one shining light from the trial was that Grocke looks to be overcoming his tendo achilles surgery.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Didn't see the game but guessing it would be a fairly different side to the one that won the GF. So going on your comments Premiers wonder if it may take a bit of time for the new faces to adjust to Jarrad's game plan as the 2012 team did in the first half of the season.

Good news re Grockes.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Premiers wrote:(I saw the game to 3/4 time only)

Westies far quicker, more intense, better structure than Eagles despite our poor kicking.

Grocke looked good. Ran and tackled hard, took 2-3 strong marks, kicked badly as usual (should have kicked 3-4 goals instead of 1). Taken off at half-time.

Kent Muller, our 3rd ranked ruckman behind Bornholm and Heinjus, showed promise. Very good with his hands off the ground, dishing out handballs and OK when he has a free jump at the ball. Lacks body strength to hold his ground with wrestling at the ball-ups. May be a good player for us in 2015 but not this year.

Big forward Tasman Fitzgerald continues to impress and Whittlesea also has good potential.

Re smaller brigade, this is where we were soundly beaten by West.   Giles Ellis and Sam Rowland were amongst the best.   Recruit Templeton at CHB  played steadily rather than spectacularly and Lachlan McGregor had a quiet one.

Good to see a tall 198cm + young ruckman, forgotten his name No 48 ? Mullehens or ? Mullens  out there. Looks like he could be 18-20 years of age, shows a bit but 2016 for him.

So, the one shining light from the trial was that Grocke looks to be overcoming his tendo achilles surgery.

I watched the entire game Grocke and a few others were rested after halftime
I liked the game style skills let them down
Agree about 48
And Muller isn't the best up forward on yesterdays performance

Still a bit strange that the seconds start a week earlier and don't have enough trial games !!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down