Eagles Email

Go down

Eagles Email Empty Eagles Email

Post by Mickyj Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:38 pm

The WWTFC would like to congratulate Amos Frank from the APY Lands (Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Lands) on his selection in today’s AFL Rookie Draft. Amos was taken with pick 34 by the Hawthorn Football Club after playing 1 match for the Eagles Reserves team during the 2011 season.

Defensive Coach announcement

The WWTFC can confirm the appointment of former player John McCarthy as its Defensive Coach for season 2012.

McCarthy played 92 games for North Melbourne and 71 games for Fitzroy between 1986-96 before taking up a role as playing coach of the North Hobart Football Club in the TFL in 1997/98. From here he joined the WWTFC playing 51 games in 3 seasons. McCarthy, who will replace Steven Hall in the role, assisted Hall at The Henley Football Club in 2008.

On his appointment McCarthy said "I’m really excited about getting involved back in Footy, I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a player at the Club and I’m very grateful for the opportunity to be involved with the Eagles once again, this time in a coaching capacity."

Senior Coach Michael Godden added "We feel John’s involvement at AFL and SANFL level as a player along with his experience coaching in Tasmania makes him a great fit for the role. It is great to have a person with John’s knowledge at the Club, having played as a key defender for the majority of his career."

Please join the WWTFC in congratulating John on his appointment with the Club.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down