robert eddie signs

3 posters

Go down

robert eddie signs Empty robert eddie signs

Post by zest Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:05 pm

The WWTFC is delighted to announce the signing of former St. Kilda listed player, Robert Eddy for the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

Robert

, 23 played 33 games with St. Kilda, including the two Grand Finals in 2010, after being drafted with selection no. 39 in the 2007 AFL Rookie Draft. He was de-listed at the end of the 2011 season.

Senior Coach Michael Godden said "Robert was our, and from what we know a number of other Clubs, recruiting priority so I am really pleased that we have gotten our man in that respect".

"The skills that Robert has will provide a great deal of flexibility to our team. Although he has been recruited as a midfielder he has the ability to play at both half forward and half back which is important to our structure and I have no doubt he will be a quality player in the SANFL competition".

On his decision to come to the Eagles, Robert Eddy said "When the SANFL competition became a viable alternative for me my preference was to play for the Eagles where I already have some really good relationships from my time in the AFL system. So, I am thrilled that the Club wanted me too".

"Having watched last year's Grand Final, I know that I will be coming into a midfield that has some real depth and I look forward to establishing myself as an important part of it".
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

robert eddie signs Empty Re: robert eddie signs

Post by spell_check Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I'm surprised the salary cap jibes haven't come out yet on this one. :p

Let 'em, though, we know the club would be crazy not to adhere to it and get consequences like Norwood did.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:40 pm

I think you'll find that the Club has 'backended' some contracts to fit him in knowing that a few players will retire in the next few years.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down