Mckenzie to the Hawks

2 posters

Go down

Mckenzie to the Hawks Empty Mckenzie to the Hawks

Post by BirdOfPrey Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:18 am

Read Sunday mail that Macca has signed with the Hawks in a recruiting/special project manager for next year.
Will become a fly in player for us in 2012 and will prob give up captaincy. He will train with Box Hill during the week.

I wish him all the best and it's a big step in his post playing career.
Being selfish I hope it doesn't effect his performance next yr.
I know what will happen in 2013 , it will be too hard to continue flying in and out and
he will call it quits, once again I'm being selfish and hope he doesnt. Hell if we win it all again in 2012 it
wouldn't be so bad if he retires after that I suppose. Crying or Very sad
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Mckenzie to the Hawks Empty Re: Mckenzie to the Hawks

Post by Mickyj Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:01 pm

yep just got home and got the email as follows

The WWTFC can confirm that captain Mark McKenzie has accepted a role as Recruiting and Special Projects Manager with the Hawthorn Football Club.

McKenzie still has a year to run on his current contract and will fulfil his commitment to play with the Eagles in season 2012. The reigning Club Champion will take up the role in February allowing him to complete the Eagles 2012 preseason before moving to Melbourne on a permanent basis in February.

The Eagles, in conjunction with the Hawthorn Football Club, have come to an agreement that will see McKenzie train with the Hawks affiliate VFL team, Box Hill, during the week. He will fly back to Adelaide later in the week to train with the team before running out with the Eagles on match day.

CEO Chris Davies said "Obviously the situation is not ideal but we are confident in the maturity and professionalism of Mark, the playing group and coaching staff in managing these circumstances throughout the year"

Senior Coach Michael Godden added "Mark is an exceptional player and a leader of the Footy Club and if there is anyone in the SANFL Competition who will be able to manage this successfully it will be him".

"It is unlikely that he will be in a position to captain our Club in 2012, but he will still have a vital playing and leadership role amongst our group".

On his decision McKenzie said "I’m really appreciative to the Eagles and Hawthorn Football Clubs for allowing me to continue my career in the SANFL".

"The employment opportunity at Hawthorn is too good an opportunity to pass up but I also really want to be a part of some continued success with the Eagles so I am glad that we have all been able to come to this agreement".

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down