Video of Eagles supporter Ernie wins

+4
Columbo
Col D
spell_check
Reddeer
8 posters

Go down

Video of Eagles supporter Ernie wins  Empty Video of Eagles supporter Ernie wins

Post by Reddeer Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:40 pm

On the Grand Final of the football show last night the video showing our Ernie at Noarlunga against Port Adelaide (it must have been the reserves qualifying final last year that we lost by 4 points) won the Almost Football Legends award for the senders of the video. Only a $65000 4 wheel drive vehicle.
I hope the winners search out Ernie and give him a gift of some sort.
Anyway were is Ernie these days I haven't seen him at the football for some time. He was always there.
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Video of Eagles supporter Ernie wins  Empty Re: Video of Eagles supporter Ernie wins

Post by spell_check Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Yes, it was that match last year - I was at the other end of the ground. That definitely made sure our defenders were in place before the kick off! tongue
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Video of Eagles supporter Ernie wins  Empty Re: Video of Eagles supporter Ernie wins

Post by Col D Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Ernie has been on the sick list but is on the mend
Col D
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:09 pm

The video doesn't do justice to how funny that was....he seemed to be gone for an eternity which was what prompted the port guy to hop the fence. Obviously he wasn't familiar with Ernie's long and distinguished career behind the goals because otherwise he would have know there was no chance of him dishing off a cheap handball, he works hard for his possessions!!
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:57 am

Anyway of getting the video on Youtube.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayf Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:50 am

Hahaha that's classic. Nice work Ernie! I hope he's going OK and gets to enjoy the game sunday even if he can't make it.

@MightyEagles - try this link :

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/afl/footyshow/video/?tab=4

Ernie's about 4min 25s in, after the commercial at the start and the runners up.
Nayf
Nayf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 pm

There you go Ernie.
The best present possible the 2011 Premiership
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:13 am

Tried that link didn't work.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:51 pm

This Email has been sent today
The Producer The Footy Show
As the historian for the Woodville West Torrens Football Club, the SANFL Premiers for 2011, I wish to advise the following regarding the winning entry of this years "Almost Footy Legends"
The winner of this competition won a $65,000 four wheel drive. The subject of the video, Ernie Wenske, an icon of the Woodville West Torrens Football Club has received nothing what so ever.
Ernie attended every game that I can remember over the past 20 years at least. He is a disabled person, a resident of Minda Home in Adelaide. This year, at age 77 he has encountered some health problems and has not been able to attend matches and the video for the Legends was taken at a Reserves grade final between Eagles and Port in 2010. Speaking with his carer at the West End Brewery Premiers Chimney unveiling on Tuesday this week I was told that in his room at Minda he does not even have a decent television set.
I was hopeful that the winners of the main prize would have made an effort to perhaps contact Ernie and offer a small gift in appreciation, just a box of chocolates even.
This has not been the case.
I know privacy laws prevent the release of details but Channel Nine could I think suggest to the winners that something might be arranged.
I was surprised that the Adelaide media did not pick up on the story.
Ernie has previously been on the Footy show in 2002 in Sam's Street talk.
I hope that Channel Nine can help acknowledge Ernie in some way.
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayf Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Good work. I hope your email has the intended effect and that Ernie gets something for his involvement, although as you wrote earlier, he probably already got the best present he could wish for on sunday. It seemed odd going to games this year and not seeing Ernie shuffling around the oval.

@MightyEagles - dunno what to tell you. The link I posted works for me, you just have to click the play button and sit through a commercial at the start. Do you get an error or does nothing happen?
Nayf
Nayf

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Nice work Reddeer. Would think a nice LCD would look good in Ernie's room...like you I think its the least they could do...aswell as a box of chocolates!!! It looked like the footage was from the AAV who do the recording of all the games for the league too, i wonder if they are chasing up the person who sent it in. Hasn't seemed the same without Ernie around the rooms after the games this year...hope he is on the road to recovery and got a big boost after sunday's result.

ME the footy show video works for me too.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Col D Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Please let me know how this goes - hopefully will be a good result for ernie.
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:57 am

Nothing comes up, just a blank screen. Tried writing the address in and it comes up with something else.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayf Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Mighty Eagles - that's weird about the link not working, damn computers huh?

All I can suggest is try googling the footy show and navigate to their site that way, then look for the 'Almost Legends' link and try that. There's also an option to email the video from that page so I guess if you're really keen to see it I could try emailing it to you. It is very funny!

By the way, time to update your 'signature'
WOOOOO Premiers 1993 and 2006 AND 2011 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nayf
Nayf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:51 pm

After the email direct to Channel Nine and to Adelaide Tonight nothing eventuated.
Then personal letters sent to Garry Lyon, James Brayshaw, Sam Newman and Billy Brownless.
Today 3rd Nov my wife took a phone call at home from Sam Newman. I was out.
Sam expressed his agreement with my email and was sorry that he could not influence the winners on the way that they would use their win. He did agree that a courtesy of some gift to Ernie would be quite appropriate.
Sam has risen significantly in my estimation. At least he has responded
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Reddeer wrote:After the email direct to Channel Nine and to Adelaide Tonight nothing eventuated.
Then personal letters sent to Garry Lyon, James Brayshaw, Sam Newman and Billy Brownless.
Today 3rd Nov my wife took a phone call at home from Sam Newman. I was out.
Sam expressed his agreement with my email and was sorry that he could not influence the winners on the way that they would use their win. He did agree that a courtesy of some gift to Ernie would be quite appropriate.
Sam has risen significantly in my estimation. At least he has responded

Well done Reddeer Very Happy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Onya Sammy!
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Supporters will be pleased to know that I have been contacted on behalf of the winners of the the video competition and they have left it with me to investigate a suitable new flat screen TV for Ernie for which they will cover the cost. I have agreed to be the go between for them and have contacted Ernie's carers and he will have a new TV before Christmas.
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayf Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Good news! Great work Reddeer, really glad you managed to get a happy ending to this story
Nayf
Nayf

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Reddeer wrote:Supporters will be pleased to know that I have been contacted on behalf of the winners of the the video competition and they have left it with me to investigate a suitable new flat screen TV for Ernie for which they will cover the cost. I have agreed to be the go between for them and have contacted Ernie's carers and he will have a new TV before Christmas.
Great result, thanks Reddeer. Would love to see Ernie's face when the TV is delivered.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:33 pm

I called on him today to see what would fit in.
He seemed Ok and knew that he was getting a new TV.
A new LG HD flat screen TV is being delivered and installed on this Saturday by the Good Guys. The cost is being covered by the winners of the competition.
Glad that we got a result with persistence
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down